Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 107>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 2:16pm
I think were looking at every little detail now for all his goals. Dont think he was especially at fault for that one. Would need to see it from behind the goal but it was close to him so not a whole lot he could do. Cant see of it went through his legs or one side of them.
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 2:04pm
As a standalone moment it's one he'll be disappointed with, but not a shocker. Edouard gave him a chance with the way he hit it and he probably shouldn't have even had that. The problem is that there have just been too many of those types of goals recently with Bazunu, he's just not saving those 50/50s at the moment for whatever reason.

His opposite number, Guaita, has had a far worse moment since resulting in a goal - Southampton 2-1 up now.

Edited by You Tell Me - 07 Jan 2023 at 2:05pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Put it another way, lads, if this was one of our strikers missing this chance, would we be annoyed at that?
1v1 with the keeper, and hits it hard and he didn't get enough behind it.
Not the best, but not a sackable offence.
I mean it was hit pretty much straight at him and it still managed to go into the net. It's not taking good finishes to beat him.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 1:54pm
Put it another way, lads, if this was one of our strikers missing this chance, would we be annoyed at that?
1v1 with the keeper, and hits it hard and he didn't get enough behind it.
Not the best, but not a sackable offence.

Edited by Fozz - 07 Jan 2023 at 1:55pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 1:45pm
Yeah, looking for some mitigation but that's quite poor again TBH.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 1:41pm
Here's a clip - https://streamja.com/51Kn2

Poor enough again, getting worried for him now.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 1:27pm
Palace's opener today is another he will be a bit disappointed with. Went through him really, got a bit of contact on it with his leg and will be disappointed he didn't get it around for a corner.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 9:13pm
I'd be extremely surprised if he got bought by anyone in the premier league. 

Nobody is going to start him and nobody is paying that money for a back up. More likely that teams let him develop in the championship and then take a look if he shows better form.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 9:04pm
Players like him,Lavia and Livramento if fit will be immediately snapped up. Talent is talentm he had a few bad ganes so what. Meslier at Leeds has had very poor patches and top clubs still want him. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Looks like he'll be going down this season. Don't see Southampton getting out of this relegation battle. They were awful again tonight and offer very little all over the pitch. Gavin had nothing really to do for most of the game, forest scored with their only shot on target 
MOTM.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Luder Luder wrote:

How is it that both Southampton and Wolves have collapsed so badly this season? Unless things change, two of our brightest prospects, Bazunu and Collins will be in the Championship next season.

Just bad luck with the two clubs they went to unfortunately. Southampton overinvested in younger developing players when they really needed a few hardened pros (signing Bazunu was a part of that of course). Wolves left themselves with a really thin squad for some reason and without a recognised goalscorer. 

I'd be hopeful that Wolves can sort things out and stay up. Southampton though look doomed as it stands. Bournemouth will probably drop too and Forest will do well to finish any higher than about 17th - so there's still plenty of hope for Wolves.

Edited by You Tell Me - 05 Jan 2023 at 5:07pm
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Think Ramsdale was relegated 2 years in a row and he seems to be doing alright for himself now.

Pope last year too. While Bazunu hasn't played well with southampton, you could brick up half the goal, put Manuel Neuer in the other half and they'd still probably be in the same position with that defense.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 3:42pm
Think Ramsdale was relegated 2 years in a row and he seems to be doing alright for himself now.

The dark side.. And the light
Luder View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 11:46am
How is it that both Southampton and Wolves have collapsed so badly this season? Unless things change, two of our brightest prospects, Bazunu and Collins will be in the Championship next season.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 9:53am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Nathan Jones was a bizarre appointment!
It was the cheap appointment!
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 9:29am
He'll be only 22 by the time the championship season ends next year.

If he stays injury free and keeps his place at club and international level then he'll be on course to have played over 200 times at a competitive level. 

There's very few goalkeepers in the world who will have those stats at that age.

He'll be back in the premier league the following year, with or without Southampton.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 9:08am
He didn't have anything to do and yes people are correct Saints are going down i'm afraid
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 8:42am
To be honest it might not actually be the worst thing if they went down if he was a starting keeper for them in the Championship next season. In hindsight the Premier League move looks to have come to soon for him and he'd still be one of the youngest Championship keepers next year and could develop out of the spotlight compared to now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 107>
  Share Topic