FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gavin Bazunu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 107>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 4:35pm
Howler 
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 2:40pm
Youngest to play first three games of the season I think it was. There have been a couple younger than him that have had a run, like Paul Gerrard who played a load of first team games at 19, but not many. 

Very rare for a goalkeeper to play as much as he has done at that level at his age, Meslier the only other to do it recently.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2023 at 2:14pm
Good interview with Gavin on talksport earlier
Said he aims to become the best keeper in the world 

Youngest ever EPL goalkeeper to play 3 games in a row, didn’t know that

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 7:21pm
But he did get a lot more protection from his defence as well which made a huge difference. A lot of his supposed issues this season have come from him being left hopelessly exposed by his defence.

Edited by You Tell Me - 18 Feb 2023 at 7:21pm
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 6:58pm
Bazunu was safe as houses today. Exactly what a team like Southampton needs a goalkeeper you can trust and who doesn’t need protection.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 6:44pm
He's one of the best in the league in terms of high claims.
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 5:08pm
Great stuff from Gav today. Hopefully get a run of good form going heading into the France game 
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 5:07pm
Brilliant performance from him.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

A truly brilliant performance from Bazunu Clap
Hands are backClap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 5:05pm
From the bits of the Southampton Chelsea game I saw today he looked really solid. Couple of really good saves too. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2023 at 5:03pm
A truly brilliant performance from Bazunu Clap
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 3:03pm
Off topic posts between two users having s go at each other deleted
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Nobody writing him off. It's those continuously engaging in varying levels of paranoia whenever his performances are, let's put it, not great who highlight his problems. His PL career to date has been so so. Southampton erred by thrusting a young League 1 'keeper straight into the firing line behind a poor defence - resulting in almost certain relegation. The Championship might not turn out to be the panacea expected. Performing at the lower level will bring expectations not easily explained away by inexperience. But if he's good enough he will return to the PL. 

That makes it sound like he is single handedly leading us to relegation...Our problems run a hell of a lot deeper than Gav. He along with Ward Prowse and Walker Peters are the only ones to take little blame tbh. McCarthy and Forster were more error prone before him. Gav hasn't pulled off many great saves and has the odd lapse in concentration but by and large has been solid
You're a Saints fan and I respect your opinion in what has been a desperate season. I've seen most games and others in extended highlights and - especially earlier in the season - I considered Bazunu  vulnerable and hasty. I've read two forums regularly (Ugly Side and Main Board) and while, to their credit, Saints fans have been largely supportive there's also frustration with his fluctuating performances. Anyway, best of luck for the season, hang in there.
Thumbs Up
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 9:53am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Nobody writing him off. It's those continuously engaging in varying levels of paranoia whenever his performances are, let's put it, not great who highlight his problems. His PL career to date has been so so. Southampton erred by thrusting a young League 1 'keeper straight into the firing line behind a poor defence - resulting in almost certain relegation. The Championship might not turn out to be the panacea expected. Performing at the lower level will bring expectations not easily explained away by inexperience. But if he's good enough he will return to the PL. 

That makes it sound like he is single handedly leading us to relegation...Our problems run a hell of a lot deeper than Gav. He along with Ward Prowse and Walker Peters are the only ones to take little blame tbh. McCarthy and Forster were more error prone before him. Gav hasn't pulled off many great saves and has the odd lapse in concentration but by and large has been solid
You're a Saints fan and I respect your opinion in what has been a desperate season. I've seen most games and others in extended highlights and - especially earlier in the season - I considered Bazunu  vulnerable and hasty. I've read two forums regularly (Ugly Side and Main Board) and while, to their credit, Saints fans have been largely supportive there's also frustration with his fluctuating performances. Anyway, best of luck for the season, hang in there.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 9:22am

Edited by thebronze14 - 15 Feb 2023 at 9:24am
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 6:06am
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2023 at 3:53am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Just to add also Bazunu is doing plenty right. Looking at the “modern keeper” stats he figures quite prominently. 

2nd in progressive passes and overall passes completed to Raya who is being held up as the progressive keeper to get for the top clubs this summer.
3rd in total clearances of any goalkeeper.
3rd in high claims taken of any goalkeeper 
4th in cleared punches of any goalkeeper.  

He is apparently also 5th in Europes Top 5 Leagues for crosses stopped (haven’t looked it up myself) from a solid twitter account. 

The lad is doing plenty right too for all the shot stopping stat is being focused on.

He hasn't had a great season but you could argue it as much to do with the mess in front of him as it is to do with his own performances. 

Clubs definitely look at keepers from a metrics point of view, more so than clean sheets. Take Ramsdale for example. Relegated 2 seasons in a row and most people laughed at the idea of Arsenal signing him. But when you hear Arteta speak about why he was signed, it was for his attributes more so than his record.

I wouldn't be writing Bazunu off as a PL level keeper yet.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2023 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

His hands have gone

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 107>
  Share Topic