You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Under-21 Euro 2023 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 148>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swhyte07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 3:11pm
think they are looking at moving the games out of tallaght cos of poor crowd numbers 

Edited by swhyte07 - 23 Jun 2022 at 3:12pm
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by swhyte07 swhyte07 wrote:

think they are looking at moving the games out of tallaght cos of poor crowd numbers 
Unlikely to move a playoff out of tallaght. You don't move from where you've been throughout for the most important game. It'll be full for the playoff 
nordlingen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 5:40pm
that gave me a laugh there 07....over 3000 at each of last two games on a B Hol weekend as well....probably  double that for a Euro playoff....

I remember being at qualifier there 2017 I think v Moldova about 400 in attendance n half of them were  family of squad...
swhyte07 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swhyte07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 10:08am
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 10:24am
tbf the time of the matches doesn't really help most.

Also if you look at attendances across the whole campaign other teams included our attendance has been quite high. OK because we play in 8000 seater stadium it doesn't look as full.

As Nordlingen says couple of years ago we were lucky to get close to quadruple figures

Edited by lassassinblanc - 24 Jun 2022 at 10:29am
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 10:44am
There's a few things that haven't helped the gates, clashes with LOI games in the past, the kick off times, issues with buying tickets. 
Personally for me the biggest clash is with the senior team. I'd love to go to more 21s games but generally they've clashed with travelling to or from senior games

Edited by wanderer - 24 Jun 2022 at 10:44am
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 11:02am
Originally posted by swhyte07 swhyte07 wrote:

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/8912260/republic-ireland-under-21-cork-boost-crowd-numbers/amp/

Maybe talking about after the play off so 

I'd he against this purely because the group are familiar with the surroundings in Tallaght Stadium. It also boasts the best playing surface in the country. There should be a large crowd at this you'd think, regardless where its played.

In the longer term, they should probably move it around (imagine the atmosphere for a game like this in Derry for example!)
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 11:39am
The priority has to be giving Jim Crawford and his squad the best chance to qualify.  I imagine the game will be in Tallaght on the Thursday night.  I would hope it would sellout given there should be no competition.

It may make sense to have future campaigns around the country.  Sligo, Galway, Cork and Waterford make sense but I imagine we would use the same venue for all games in a campaign.  Sadly Limerick cannot look to host at the moment.   Tallaght is a great venue though.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 12:01pm
Keep them in Tallaght, best LOI ground in the country and easiest access point for senior management and potential scouts to watch our players.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

There's a few things that haven't helped the gates, clashes with LOI games in the past, the kick off times, issues with buying tickets. 
Personally for me the biggest clash is with the senior team. I'd love to go to more 21s games but generally they've clashed with travelling to or from senior games

the KO time against Lux at home of 17:15 on a Friday was a joke. Also the fatal motorbike crash on the M50 before the Bosnia game causing traffic mayhem would have effected the crowd.  
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 1:46pm
The ticket issue is a real one - If you'd looked at Ticketmaster the night before the Bosnia game you'd have assumed that it was close to a sell out and there were only a couple of tickets available. 
KingKenny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingKenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

The ticket issue is a real one - If you'd looked at Ticketmaster the night before the Bosnia game you'd have assumed that it was close to a sell out and there were only a couple of tickets available. 

Yeah people were saying they couldn't get 3 tickets together the night before the match
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

And immediately after the game I checked for Montenegro and it was the same story. Bizarre 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 3:16pm
Blame that on the season ticket holders hoarding the free tickets and not turning up.

Go back to turning up on the night first come, first served. Wasn't ever an issue before so not sure why they changed it.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 4:09pm
a point to remember lads is you don't actually  need tickets together (which I'm sure would be a concern for parents bringing chaps)
They don't use seat numbers or sections or at least they didn't for last two games...and WNT games.....the only exception seems to be West Stand where you enter at Square end or other end....no crossover past VIP section 
But sit where you wish once you're in....
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Blame that on the season ticket holders hoarding the free tickets and not turning up.

Go back to turning up on the night first come, first served. Wasn't ever an issue before so not sure why they changed it.

Well from last year Season Tickets holders weren't entitled to free tickets for this, you got a pre-access code to get them but I'm pretty sure they expire and all those tickets go on public sale there after (I will stand corrected if not true)
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 4:21pm
sorry 07 didn't realise JC actually said that about  moving out of Tallaght ....there's a lot to be said for moving games around the country...say a full qualifying campaign for u17 Waterford/ u19 Cork/ U21 Galway/WNT Sligo....and shuffle them around from time to time...
But can't see them moving from Tallaght anytime soon.....
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Well from last year Season Tickets holders weren't entitled to free tickets for this, you got a pre-access code to get them but I'm pretty sure they expire and all those tickets go on public sale there after (I will stand corrected if not true)

I thought they changed it so as they just had to be claimed, but at a glance it looks like you're right, they only get a discounted pre sale rate. Same as the FAI Cup final.

Theres another problem then with dwindling attendances in Tallaght for u21s / Womens games.

Edited by Bandwagon - 24 Jun 2022 at 4:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 148>
  Share Topic