You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mipo Odubeko

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 32>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 10:32pm
Remember Niall Quinn getting subbed as a sub for Arsenal when he was younger & he turned out alright. 

Edited by 10 Box - 09 Feb 2021 at 10:33pm
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

BSM was right. His attitude stinks!
😉
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 10:35pm
I know he was born here but is there a doubt that he might not represent us?
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 10:38pm
Apparently he deleted all his Irish related photos from his social media accounts which probably means f**k all. I think he touched the ball once and ran it out for a goal kick. A long way to go for the lad
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Was a bit disappointed he didn’t put himself around a bit more. As for not getting a look in I think Cavani would have struggled to get a look in for large parts of that game for West Ham. Was like backs and forwards. 

To bring him off like that was wrong. Bielsa does it and Mourinho does it etc but put it this way if it was one of the senior players Moyes wouldn’t have done it to them. I have seen Haller play worse for West Ham this year.

Massive learning curve for him look he was a talent before this and a talent after it 20 minutes won’t define him. 

After going 0-1 down, there was still two CDM's in Rice and Noble. Rice and Soucek also looked fatigued at a certain point, and its not a surprise. There was one recognised central defender for WHU on the pitch in Craig Dawson, and it was only after going down to the goal that Moyes introduced more than one attacking midfielder on the pitch, at any one time.

Not sure I agree that it was a poor decision by Moyes to take him off. In context, he played almost an hour, and was taken off in the second half of extra time. Its not the same as a substitute coming on after an hour, and being subbed off, for performances reasons after 75.

Noble was shattered too. 

I could stretch myself to say fair enough maybe not a poor decision. I stand by that about Moyes though if it was a senior player Moyes wouldn’t have done it to him. 

Edited by kevin100 - 09 Feb 2021 at 10:55pm
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Lad made his debut today. Great f**king news. Easy to be a naysayer

Wasn’t his debut.

Who cares? 

What was everyone here doing at 18 except tugging themselves off?

Jaysus, dry your eyes Bono, nobody's feelings got hurt, its just a game of football 

Bono? Weren’t you the one saying we shouldn’t call Millwall fans scumbags for booing Black Lives Matter? All peace and love when it suits you
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:22pm

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Lad made his debut today. Great f**king news. Easy to be a naysayer

Wasn’t his debut.

Who cares? 

What was everyone here doing at 18 except tugging themselves off?

Jaysus, dry your eyes Bono, nobody's feelings got hurt, its just a game of football 

Bono? Weren’t you the one saying we shouldn’t call Millwall fans scumbags for booing Black Lives Matter? All peace and love when it suits you

This escalated quickly 😳 ... we shouldn't be calling anyone scumbags was my point. I'd say that not all Millwall fans are racist, but also calling racists scumbags is not tackling the issue of racism... I think that's fair to say

C'mon Declan, I've no issue with you, let's keep it all good. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Noble was shattered too. 

I could stretch myself to say fair enough maybe not a poor decision. I stand by that about Moyes though if it was a senior player Moyes wouldn’t have done it to him. 

Maybe. It is slightly reminiscent of a game between Arsenal and WHU when Rice made a mistake (back in April 2018) and Moyes criticised him publicly afterwards. I don't get the vibe that Moyes believes its in the best interests of youth to avoid any sort of conflict. I think there were alternative options, but Odubeko had a very disappointing night, and the choice was to forfeit the team's balance, or make a like for like substitution (albeit, Soucek went up top).

I have to reiterate the point that what is happening at WHU, in terms of strikers is very strange. Most clubs have three or four options. West Ham have no recognised striker. The usual starter, Antonio, is a converted winger, who actually spent time at Right Back, under Bilic. While Bowen, Benrahma, and Lanzini are often deemed forwards, the are in fact wingers and attacking midfielders. Yarmolenko, is back up, but came to West Ham as a winger, and in his first season looked potent with Arnautovic pulling the strikers.

Since 2019 Javier Hernandez, Lucas Perez, Jordan Hugill, Albian Ajeti, Andy Carroll, Sebastian Haller, and Arnautovic have all left. Ajeti and Haller were signed as the long term options under Pelligrini, but have now been sold, with no replacements. This in turn has created an opening for Odubeko.
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 8:57am
He touched the ball a similar amount of times as Yarmolenko in a similar amount of time on the field. No one on West Ham was doing anything. Manchester United attackers weren’t up to much either tbh. Yet people are using it to write off an 18 year old already. He didn’t do much in half a match where no one really did anything. Give him a bit of time. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:01am
He was very poor. He's a million miles away from first team football. Hopefully he realises this and puts in the effect to close that gap.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:05am
The one time he did get the ball he done well with a nice touch and pass. Not like he got whipped off after 20 mins he played about 50 mins fs.

Edited by JoxerDaly - 10 Feb 2021 at 9:05am
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:38am
I gave up watching after the 90 minutes was up as it was a dreadful game, but don't think the lad should be getting too much criticism. West Ham were very, very poor and seemed intent on grinding out a draw and trying to knick a win on penalties. They had no desire to attack whatsoever and I didn't really notice a whole lot of difference between Yarmalenko up top and Odubeko.

The lad is only 18 and probably isn't ready for first team football but it really didn't matter who West Ham played up top last night as the service was zilch.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:50am
He'll bounce back from this no problem, he's a highly rated player and this is all part of learning. 

Parrott is going through similar at the moment

IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 10:07am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He was very poor. He's a million miles away from first team football. Hopefully he realises this and puts in the effect to close that gap.
Based on 50 minutes? So by that logic the rest of the West Ham players are also a million miles away from first team football too since they were all poor. Remarkable considering they are 6th place. 

Or we can give players more than 50 minutes in poor games before making ridiculous wild sweeping statements. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 10:54am
Yeah such nonsense.
There is significant over-analysis of some of our young players on here that sets unrealistic expectations.
What are people expecting?

I watched the game and Odubeko looked no worse than several WH attacking players, mainly because they were not set up to attack at all, bar a few forays here and there.
I did not see a lad completely out of his dept.
I saw a team playing poorly and the CF likely looks the worst in such a situation as he is exposed and chasing shadows.

Parrott as well in his two games.  People seem to expect these lads to get on the ball and do some Maradona-esque escapades.  It's not going to happen and when it doesn't, it's not a sign they are not ready.

I appreciate we have little to be excited positively about, but no need for swinging into negative hyperbolae at every mistake a young lad makes or every time they don't grab a game and make things happen.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 11:13am
Originally posted by IrishCanadian IrishCanadian wrote:

Based on 50 minutes? So by that logic the rest of the West Ham players are also a million miles away from first team football too since they were all poor. Remarkable considering they are 6th place. 

Or we can give players more than 50 minutes in poor games before making ridiculous wild sweeping statements. 

I'd be fairly sure he won't play for WH first team again this season.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
juanaldo View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juanaldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 11:24am
In comparison to the other young west ham player that came on "johnson" he was very very poor. No movement, bad first touch only time he made an effort to chase down was in first half of extra time. He has a long way to go but you never know.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 11:27am

Originally posted by IrishCanadian IrishCanadian wrote:

I'd be fairly sure he won't play for WH first team again this season.

I’d take that wager.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 32>
  Share Topic