You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mipo Odubeko

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 4:42pm
Scores!
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 5:08pm
Hasn't started the last few games so good to see him come off the bench and start off the comeback.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 10:13pm
scored again tonight against the wolves U-21s
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 10:17pm
Might only be the pizza tournament but goals in back to back games will hopefully give the manager something to consider.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 10:30pm
Reading through his gametime on transfermarkt he scored on debut then was hooked early in his 2nd game and dropped to the bench after! 

Obviously a reason for it but has got off the bench consistently. Still 19yo so he is very young I thought he was older. Would expect him to get a run in the team now. 

Interesting to see how he compares to Parrott for Mk Dons at the end of this season for example and not 5% of the hype about this lad. Decent finisher will score a few goals with a consistent run in the team.

Edited by kevin100 - 18 Oct 2022 at 10:30pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 8:20am
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

scored again tonight against the wolves U-21s

Was nearly more u18s tbh as several of better u21 players were either with the first team or rested as we are already through to the knockouts.

But still the lad seems to know where the goal is so that's important.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 5:52pm
Came on at 1-0 down and got the equaliser near the 90th. Port Vale ended up winning 3-1 in stoppage time
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2023 at 5:57pm
On the face of it 3 goals in 17 appearances doesn't look great, but he's only actually played 560 minutes. That's pretty good going so it's surprising he hasn't started more games.
We're decent enough..
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 4:30pm
totally fallen off the radar, what is going on with him 
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2023 at 4:36pm
Injured I think I saw on the U21 thread
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 10:41am
Leaving west ham at the end of the month.

Would he consider coming back to Ireland?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 12:21pm
Might maybe get one more half decent club to take a chance on him but longer term he will end up in non-league I think. Fell out of the picture completely at Port Vale, they seemed to just give up on him halfway through the season. One of the steeper drop offs that we've seen in recent years.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 12:25pm
Still only 20 so wouldn't write him off just yet.
Interesting to see where he goes and yet another example of what a standout Evan is.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 2:10pm
What happen him at Portvale? Did something happen around February? I see somebody say it wasn't injury that 
He didn't play from early February on or even make a match day squad. He made 27 appearances in all comps for them but only 9 of them were starts until then.
If they didn't want him why didn't they just send him back to West ham before February and he would have been able to play with the West Ham U 23s. Really odd.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 2:34pm
This news has definitely gone under the radar amongst fans, with both eyes firmly on the Conference League Final tomorrow. He benefitted in 2021 by WH having no recognised strikers, which meant he was on the bench on the weekly in the Premier League. However, WH were rinsing Antonio, Bowen, and Lingard, and he never left the bench. I suspect, without that, and the subsequent fallout over his international situation, little notice would have been taken of him from an Irish point of view.

That being said, he is young, and developing, so loads of time yet.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 3:01pm
Should definitely consider looking outside England at least. He'll probably be looking at dropping a level again to find himself somewhere that he'll be guaranteed first team football.

Might as well go outside England if you're options are gonna be another poor League One team or dropping to League Two. Still young but he needs to find somewhere that guarantees him first team football.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 3:09pm
Hopefully he can get things back on track. I thought he looked decent in the last U21 campaign and if Cannon were to jump ship or be promoted to the senior squad, then there arent a plethora of striking options at U21 level. There's Armstrong at QPR, then Kenny and Carty who are both playing LoI, so if he was to get himself a decent L1 loan, he'd be right back in the frame. Disappointing how things worked out at Port Vale, but who knows what went on there, pacey and strong, I certainly wouldnt be writing him off just yet.
Idah Dream!
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 3:57pm
I saw him play one game last season, a rare start for him for Port Vale against Peterborough in a televised game where Jack Taylor looked the best player. It was a poor match and Odubeko looked very frustrated at the lack of service he was getting. He has real pace but his team was not utilising that or giving him much of a chance. Still young, sure, but his next move would need to be a better one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>
  Share Topic