You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summer Friendlies/Training Camp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 44>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Great honest interview by Duffy. Fair play to him. Clap

Summary? 
Acknowledged his tough year. Backed the manager, the process, the young lads, himself and doesn’t expect to start if not playing club football. 
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Decent performance tonight. Feel we could have won it if we showed a bit more belief earlier. Seem to pick it up once Molumby came on. Think we have two very good young keepers, was very happy with Idah and Parrott as well.

Can someone explain to me what tippy tappy is and when we deployed this?
I believe tippy tappy is a highly technical possession based type of football which we have never played because you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 9:43pm
Feel a bit more positive after that. Liked the formation. Two cracking keepers, we should keep they defense with possibly Stevens in for McLean. No more hourihane please. Think Horgan is a descent impact sub and ogbenne could be the same.

In all honesty going forward I'd move on without Kevin long, Clark, Hendrick, Brady , hourihane and Shane long. Possibly Randolph and jimmy mc too. We have no chance whatsoever of going the world cup so would be happier to build the team(squad) for next campaign
Whacha gonna do
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Great honest interview by Duffy. Fair play to him. Clap

Summary? 
Acknowledged his tough year. Backed the manager, the process, the young lads, himself and doesn’t expect to start if not playing club football. 

Ya and even thanked the manager for just giving him a game. 
I love beer gardens
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 9:53pm
Thought we played very well tonight and some of the abuse of certain player is way out of line.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157<b> Sham157 wrote:

Lisa Fallon
talking sense on RTE now. Some of the geniuses on here would do well to listen. 

What was it with her hairline as the top of her forehead it looked like the stick on bit of a wig .
A man of your years and experience should know better  Wink
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Can someone explain to me what tippy tappy is and when we deployed this?

f**king around with the ball in our own box and losing it. Re-watch the first 9 minutes.

ClapClapClapClapClap Wwell said HB beat me to it . 
Hoof it up to big mcgeady🤔
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:30pm
Think it's the right time for Darren Randolph to retire from International football. 
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Think it's the right time for Darren Randolph to retire from International football. 
Why would he retire from Ireland? He’ll be starting in Lisbon in September in my view if he is fit.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:41pm

Think it's the right time for Darre Randolph to retire from International football. 

That’s a bit strong should still be in the squad with the two boys. I do think the two boys Kelleher and Bazunu need to be given the keys to the office from here however. Even if one of them makes a mistake then so bloody be it we ain’t qualifying for the World Cup as it is. 

March 2023 is really what we should be gearing to and that’s the start of the Euro qualifiers. The guts of two seasons away and plenty games to blood young players too between now and then. Hopefully plenty of the younger players will have more experience under their belts continue to kick on. 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:43pm
Good to see balanced reaction on here.

This was never gong to be a quick fix. Very encouraged by the sheer number of former underage players under Kenny who have put their hands up for selection and now hold the shirts. Buzunu, o'shea, parrot, idah, Knight.

Also good to see older players come back into consideration, horgan, Duffy and mcclean can be happy with their work this week.

The armchair dickheads, the type who find paddy Power bants amusing, will always be there. The core support base needs to support what Kenny is trying to do, whether it is him in the long term or not, it's important that these players are blooded now and grow together. Whatever happens, no one can fault him for not trying to do right by Irish football. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:48pm
I wouldn't be too worried about the defense (including GK) although I'd prefer mcclean and Coleman to Doherty and Stevens.

I think Kenny would like a front 3 of Connolly Parrot and Idah. Surely one of these 3 will go on to achieve there potential, if not 2 or all of them. They need balls down the flanks of OTT to utilise their pace.

The problem for me is midfield and has been for a long long time. We don't have players to link the defense to attack, win 50 50 ball and boss the middle of the park. Sure Molumby and Knight look like they could develop but Hendrick, Cullen, Hourihan are serial hiders. 
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

Why would he retire from Ireland? He’ll be starting in Lisbon in September in my view if he is fit.

I certainly hope not
I love beer gardens
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:50pm
Overall positive tonight, were not world beater but it was better tonight. If we can built on this now and get Connolly, smallbone, obafemi, Robinson, McCarthy, brady, hendrick, Randolph and the likes to push on and get more game times next season it will help
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

This was never gong to be a quick fix. Very encouraged by the sheer number of former underage players under Kenny who have put their hands up for selection and now hold the shirts. Buzunu, o'shea, parrot, idah, Knight.

Also good to see older players come back into consideration, horgan, Duffy and mcclean can be happy with their work this week.

The armchair dickheads, the type who find paddy Power bants amusing, will always be there. The core support base needs to support what Kenny is trying to do, whether it is him in the long term or not, it's important that these players are blooded now and grow together. Whatever happens, no one can fault him for not trying to do right by Irish football. 
Clap
MarkDev View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 11:03pm

ClapClap
Limerick your a Lady!
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 11:08pm
The pace and directness of Ogbene might be a real option for us now. Against someone like Portugal, might not be a bad thing to get him on and use his running ability. Might need an out ball that night.
I love beer gardens
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 11:12pm

Personally I think Kenny will struggle to see it to March 2023 the start of the Euro qualifiers myself. Just my opinion don’t think we will win enough football matches. 

However he is doing Irish football a magnificent long term service Bazunu Kelleher Travers O’Shea Knight Molumby Cullen Parrott Idah Connolly being brought in. Hopefully a few more lads continue to kick on for their clubs and particularly the young attackers Idah Parrott Connolly Obafemi even the likes of Scully at Lincoln or Odubeko if declaring and left field names like Kayode at Rotherham. Plenty names who hopefully will find regular gametime and continue to kick on and throw their hats into the ring. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 44>
  Share Topic