You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 113>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 6:55pm
We're Mayo not forced to play against Leitrim a few weeks back despite having a Covid outbreak in camp?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Surprised they actually moved the game, what happens if there is a Covid outbreak in the Kerry squad the following week?

Them Tyrone c**ts should have been forced to field a team this weekend.

Just throw the ****s out and do the whole country a favour
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Surprised they actually moved the game, what happens if there is a Covid outbreak in the Kerry squad the following week?

Them Tyrone c**ts should have been forced to field a team this weekend.

Just throw the ****s out and do the whole country a favour

Poor auld Tyrone getting no love at all LOL
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 11:57pm
Tyrone might pull out of the championship altogether now their chairman is saying on grounds of player welfare 
They wanted a two week delay and don’t think players will be right to play next week having had covid 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 09 Aug 2021 at 11:58pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 2:49am
I wonder will it be a bigger crowd at that semi final?

Edited by Jackal - 10 Aug 2021 at 2:50am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 8:32am
Why does everyone hate Tyrone?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 9:12am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Pretty sure it's because they have a history of being dirty players. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 9:17am

Bit of a mystery to me as well. 
Was going to write in the unpopular opinion thread that I actually don't mind them at all. 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 9:31am
Micky harte’s style of football and management is the main reason.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 9:41am
I'd also say that some of the causes that Harte has attached to didnt help his public popularity. Especially, as I can recall during Tyrone's period of greatness, he was one of the most popular figures in Ireland, and I even recall a short-lived touting for a Presidential run.

Edited by Het-field - 10 Aug 2021 at 9:41am
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 9:56am
I'd like to know what the procedures are for postponing games due to Covid, obviously different for the AI series over provincial but still seems unfair where other teams had to struggle on. Obviously if it was Dublin I'd welcome a postponement but at the same time we had to field the day of the Leinster Hurling final with 4/5 starters ruled out by Covid. I'd say Kerry are going mad at all this uncertainty and rightly so.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 9:58am

Really only an issue with their Ulster neighbours. We've gotten on fine with them (especially up in Omagh) over the past few years.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 10:10am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Jim McGuinness' style was worse, but he and Donegal were lauded
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 10:29am
Character references for rapists…
Sean Quinn supporting…
Anti abortion…
Anti same sex marriage 

Package it all together with ugly football & representing his county for nearly 2 decades. 
it’s no real surprise 

Edited by 9fingers - 10 Aug 2021 at 10:31am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

McGuinness was a lot more likeable in my opinion. Harte is a bellend. Religious nutjob that was vocal in the No vote to Abortion, won't speak to RTE because of some reporting around the time of his daughter's murder. 

Wouldn't say I hate Tyrone much, as a Cork person we never really crossed much in sporting terms. Actually I don't think I've ever known someone from Tyrone, whereas I'd have mates from Mayo, Donegal, Kerry and any other football county.

Apart from Canavan in their underdog days, they don't have any players I ever wanted to watch, in the same way as a Conor McManus, Michal Murphy etc.

And finally, Sean Kavanagh's foul on McManus all those years ago when he was beaten, that's not a type of football I can ever get behind. It was the adult equivalent of "it's my ball, I'm going home"
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 10:38am
the RTE thing was to do with Brian McCarthy from radio one been demoted I thought?

I thought everyone disliked Tyrone cause of Doyler - James McCarthy lookalike from here 😂
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 10:55am

That’s a seriously lazy statement. In 2011 the style of play was poor at times especially against Dublin but in 2012 onwards it was completely different and much more attacking. Just look at the big scores put up in 2012 and that performance in 2014 against Dublin in particular. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2021 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

McGuinness was a lot more likeable in my opinion. Harte is a bellend. Religious nutjob that was vocal in the No vote to Abortion, won't speak to RTE because of some reporting around the time of his daughter's murder. 

Wouldn't say I hate Tyrone much, as a Cork person we never really crossed much in sporting terms. Actually I don't think I've ever known someone from Tyrone, whereas I'd have mates from Mayo, Donegal, Kerry and any other football county.

Apart from Canavan in their underdog days, they don't have any players I ever wanted to watch, in the same way as a Conor McManus, Michal Murphy etc.

And finally, Sean Kavanagh's foul on McManus all those years ago when he was beaten, that's not a type of football I can ever get behind. It was the adult equivalent of "it's my ball, I'm going home"

They played "pretty little girl from Omagh" and took the piss out of him meeting the Dalai Lama shortly after his daughters murder. Insensitive at best I would have thought and he's just right to take a stand. 

As for his religious beliefs, thats just that era. Probably the same as a lot of our parents and grandparents beliefs. Wouldn't hold it against him 

Mugsy was pretty good. And Darren McCurry at the minute is good to watch

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 10 Aug 2021 at 11:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 113>
  Share Topic