Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57683
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:58pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: GAA Football
Posted By: ConorMac77
Subject: GAA Football
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 7:50pm
So who's going to be losing to the Dubs next summer - and by how many points? Cry

Replies:
Posted By: reddladd
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 9:49am
Read a post somewhere that said Mayo's odds to win on Saturday evening were the same as the odds on Dublin to win 10 in a row. 

-------------
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 10:09am
Dublin a really long 4/6 to win in 2021 LOL

I don't suppose anyone knows what the quarter and semi final pairings are yet? 

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 10:14am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Championship draw will be made in January. 

-------------
Touts Out!

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 10:32am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Read a post somewhere that said Mayo's odds to win on Saturday evening were the same as the odds on Dublin to win 10 in a row. 

Dublin are already odds-on at 1/2 to make it a magnificent seven next year while the odds on 10 All-Ireland titles in-a-row have shortened from into 11/2 from 8/1.

I think Mayo were 4/1 before the final.... maybe 5/1 so not to far away.

That’s crazy tho. 

-------------

Posted By: sid waddell
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 12:10pm

As far as I know there are no Super 8s in 2021 but there is a backdoor and this ludicrous Token Cup for the Division 3 and Division 4 counties

I'm not quite sure how the qualifiers will work

Following the traditional pattern for semi-finals which was restablished in 2020, that would mean the Leinster Champions and Connacht champions would be on a collision course in the All-Ireland semi-final 

2020 was a Leinster v Ulster year so 2021 would be Leinster v Connacht

-------------
Edited by Trigboy 10 at 10:03pm

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 1:25pm
Hopefully they get rid of the advanced mark. Absolutely nonsense rule. 

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 1:43pm

Hopefully they get rid of the advanced mark. Absolutely nonsense rule. 

+1

I understand the logic of why they wanted to introduce it (i.e more kick passing) but it's totally out of sync with the tempo of the rest of the game and should be scrapped.

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 2:36pm
Agreed. Load of $hite

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Posted By: familyguy
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 5:58pm
has to be a doubt about this years inter county season with how things are unfolding 

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:05pm

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/0121/1191306-mannion-withdraws-from-dublin-panel-for-2021-reports/" rel="nofollow - https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/0121/1191306-mannion-withdraws-from-dublin-panel-for-2021-reports/

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 21 Jan 2021 at 11:17pm
So that's mannion, mdma and Andrews. The only one who's in anyway a loss is mannion but that's him and Jack mccaffrey now. If no team can come close next year it will be very worrying for the sports future as a spectacle. 

Posted By: Croftman
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:38am
They're back-up players are stronger that what most counties have in their starting 15, they'll be grand. Think the sport as a spectacle has been very worrying for a while now

-------------
Some people just deserve a slap

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 10:41am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

So that's mannion, mdma and Andrews. The only one who's in anyway a loss is mannion but that's him and Jack mccaffrey now. If no team can come close next year it will be very worrying for the sports future as a spectacle. 

I'd fully expect to see them back at some stage in the future.

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I'd fully expect to see them back at some stage in the future.
Jack I'm not so sure as he's gotten board of the whole situation. 

Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:04pm
There is no denying that Dublin are still in a very good place and will more than likely retain the All Ireland again for 2021 but as good a side as they are, they will most definitely feel the losses of the likes of Connolly, Andrews, MDMA, McCaffery, Mannion etc.

You simply cannot just replace those named above and it will hurt Dublin, no question.

The standards these lads set, the experience they have, the level they operate at in training even when they're not in the first 15 etc all of that stuff has to be factored in.

You'd have to expect Cluxton, McCarthy, Cooper, McMahon, McManamon etc all to be nearing retirement soon too and the cycle will hopefully end for a few years at least.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:34pm
Dublin have turned bog average players like MDMA and O'Gara into top class players. With the system they have an more skillful players coming through from underage I've no doubt they'll have no trouble replacing them with even better players. Come summer next year I fully expect Dublin to have won 8 in a row and be going for 9 the next campaign. 

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 5:51pm

Dublin have turned bog average players like MDMA and O'Gara into top class players. With the system they have an more skillful players coming through from underage I've no doubt they'll have no trouble replacing them with even better players. Come summer next year I fully expect Dublin to have won 8 in a row and be going for 9 the next campaign. 

LOL

O'Gara is an absolutely dreadful footballer, robbed a living and should have been nowhere near the Dublin panel. Offered nothing bar physicality and an outlet when Dublin needed to go direct.

MDMA was far from ever being average, one of the best ball carriers in the modern era.

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

LOL

O'Gara is an absolutely dreadful footballer, robbed a living and should have been nowhere near the Dublin panel. Offered nothing bar physicality and an outlet when Dublin needed to go direct.

MDMA was far from ever being average, one of the best ball carriers in the modern era.

They were both donkeys turned into race horses. I'll next forget O'Gara point shooting displace away to Laois in the league. If he was managed by any other county there's not a hope in hell he'd develop those skills. 

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2021 at 7:10pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

LOL

They were both donkeys turned into race horses. I'll next forget O'Gara point shooting displace away to Laois in the league. If he was managed by any other county there's not a hope in hell he'd develop those skills. 

What skills? 

Being incapable of soloing a ball at pace, missing ridiculously easy point scoring opportunities on a regular basis etc? 

He was blessed that Dublin lacked a bully boy type full forward over the last 10 years, he just happened to offer something different than the rest sheer brute strength and physicality. 

In terms of technical ability, he wouldn't have gotten on many county sides if he was to be judged on that alone.

-------------

Posted By: Roberto Baggio
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 8:27pm
No training or matches allowed until Easter at the earliest
The GAA no longer exempt as elite sport under level 5 restrictions 

Club before county again this year?
There’s really no need for the Allianz leagues IMO

Posted By: Shedite
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

No training or matches allowed until Easter at the earliest
The GAA no longer exempt as elite sport under level 5 restrictions 

Club before county again this year?
There’s really no need for the Allianz leagues IMO
Plan for this year was that intercounty would be done by June and then clubs after that. I reckon if they can get a championship in from April - July and then give the rest of the years to the clubs they'd take it. Last year it was what, early October to mid December?

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 9:43am
Yeah run the county off first. The last thing we need is clubs winning championships all over the place before the vaccine has been rolled out and spreading the virus because of their celebrations. 

Posted By: BrendanD88
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 1:00pm
I would much prefer to see club football prioritised over County for selfish reasons and tbh I think it makes sense because all County players get the chance to play club football while only a small number get the chance to play County.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I would much prefer to see club football prioritised over County for selfish reasons and tbh I think it makes sense because all County players get the chance to play club football while only a small number get the chance to play County.

YEah I agree

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 2:08pm
It'll be a similar season to last i would say with clubs first from June to September and then another October to December All Ireland series

Some clubs behaviour when winning championships with lack of social distancing has probably contributed to decisions

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 2:22pm
Have any county board released plans for the year yet? as in will leagues be played or championship only.

-------------

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 23 May 2021 at 3:28pm
It was a cracking match between Kerry and the Dubs.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 24 May 2021 at 11:52am
had a good few on board when watching it yesterday and I might be biased in saying this, but didn't think the ref was great. I know it was the umpires call but pulling Dublin up for a player being inside the "D" when he clearly was outside when it was kicked was a terrible call. That said, the ref didn't stop the dubs trying to defend giving up 1-18 is worrying.

-------------

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 26 May 2021 at 7:27pm
any gaa coaches on here have any goalkeeping drills they wouldn’t mind sharing ?

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 11:54pm
What an unbelievable result for Wicklow today 

Posted By: MayoMark
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 1:59pm
What an opening 15 mins in Ennis!! 

-------------
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

LOL

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

LOL

3 relegations in a row for the Cavan bunch 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 3:02pm
Antrim promoted to D3.

Good job Enda Mcginley 

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: Green Cockade
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 5:45pm
Likewise Kieran McGeeney for keeping Armagh in Division One. Onwards and upwards !

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 6:10pm
Monaghan stay up with a point from the last kick of ET and Cavan relegated yesterday. Not a bad weekend for the Monaghan boys here Big smile

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 6:12pm
Lovely jubley LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Lovely jubley LOL

LOLClap

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Monaghan stay up with a point from the last kick of ET and Cavan relegated yesterday. Not a bad weekend for the Monaghan boys here Big smile
Big smile

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Likewise Kieran McGeeney for keeping Armagh in Division One. Onwards and upwards !
Armagh vs Kildare next year will be tasty.

Cavan v tipp in div 4 both beaten by leinster sides. 

Posted By: Stickittotheman
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 10:29pm
Derry flying at the minute. Donegal up next most likely so that will sort the men from the boys. 

-------------
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:53pm

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Posted By: Neil Armstrong
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 10:26pm

-------------
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 5:52pm
Cavans fine form continuesClap
Mayo destroy a load of lads wearing Leitrim Jerseys
Donegal eventually overcome Derry 

However, wtf is Pat Spillane sniffing, he’s jumping around like a man touching cloth and waffling at a speed of knots a speed boat would be proud of.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 9:09am
Donegal/Derry was a very good game

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 12:11pm
Monaghan U-20 captain killed in a car crash on his way home after beating Donegal in last night's semi

RIP

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 12:23pm
Tragic news 

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 12:26pm
Awful news. RIPCry

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 12:34pm
Awful news. RIP.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 12:57pm
Dreadful 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 1:30pm
Monaghan v Armagh going ahead Confused

Really surprised at this. 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 5:54pm
Well done those Monaghan boys can't have been easy for them

-------------

Posted By: Green Cockade
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 6:55pm
Terrible tragedy with the young boy. The senior game was fiercely competitive nonetheless. Armagh would I believe have won it if their regular goalkeeper Blaine Hughes had been playing. The occasion was too much for the lad who came in for him and soft goals were conceded.

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 11:31pm
Dive by McManus for the free to put them one up in injury time

Was some game. Armagh lost possession three times with hand passes in the last 8 minutes when on the attack which cost them 

Posted By: zizu Kilbane
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 12:25am

Monaghan U-20 captain killed in a car crash on his way home after beating Donegal in last night's semi

RIP

I dont know why, but this has really stuck a chord with me today beyond the obvious of a young lad losing his life tragically. I've no connection to monaghan. But when I read the news this morning I got a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach and its been on my mind all day. 

Very very sad.

-------------
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 9:45am
Shame to see mcmanus diving for the winner but a bigger shame the ref fell for it. I'd love it he gave a free out and booked him.

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 6:37pm
Poorest half of football I have seen from Dublin in the championship since 2014. Very devoid of thought, and seemed relieved to revert to squeezing the game, as they have done in major matches in the past. Although the bench kept getting referenced, missing Cluxton, Mannion, Small, McCaffrey, McCauley, McManamon, adding to the departures since 2019 is taking its toll, especially when it has come to accelerating in games.

On paper it reads as a six point win, but it was flattering.

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 3:55pm
Dessie Dolan sweet f**king Jesus LOL

-------------

Posted By: Trigboy 10
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 3:58pm

What’s the problem? He looks fine 

Posted By: Double Maxim
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 5:42pm
The Kingdom are back.

-------------
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 6:54am

yacht club shorts and flippers LOL

Posted By: bogball88
Date Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 11:27am
Tyrone defeating Monaghan in a big knockout game-feels like groundhog day

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 11:56am
Just about did enough Tyrone
Was an exciting game, some great scores taken, but also a lot of errors and turnovers. 
At half time you'd have said that Tyrone would trouble Kerry but at full time its hard to see anything other than a Kerry win. 

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 5:10pm
A little spark from Dublin yesterday. Certainly superior to the second half against Meath, and I thought there was obviously moments when the decision making was just that cut above (Scully calling a mark in the second half to help Dublin move out to five points).

I still think Kerry will generally be favourites, but this often discussed 'Dublin Decline' is perhaps hyped a little. The bench is undoubtedly less deep, but the team on the pitch is still handling matches well. Kildare had men behind the ball at most points, and Dublin still scored 20.

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 4:08pm
Do Dublin still have more players to return?

I'd imagine Dublin took leinster for granted and have tailered their training to peak for the semi final. Wouldn't be surprised if they beat Mayo by 6+.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 9:30am
I'm not sure really, don't think this Dublin team is up to the levels of the past. Big players like McCaffrey and Cluxton gone, bench looking very weak, players like McCarthy way past their prime. I think they'll be beaten this eyar.

Funny feeling Mayo will knock them out, only for Mayo to be beaten by Kerry in the final

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I'm not sure really, don't think this Dublin team is up to the levels of the past. Big players like McCaffrey and Cluxton gone, bench looking very weak, players like McCarthy way past their prime. I think they'll be beaten this eyar.

Funny feeling Mayo will knock them out, only for Mayo to be beaten by Kerry in the final
Poor Mayo LOL

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 9:52am

Do Dublin still have more players to return?

I'd imagine Dublin took leinster for granted and have tailered their training to peak for the semi final. Wouldn't be surprised if they beat Mayo by 6+.

Robbie McDaid is the only one I can think of off the top of my head, and potentially Kevin McManamon. There has been a huge change in players over the past 18 months, most obviously around the forwards, but as Shedite says, Cluxton, and McCaffrey are huge losses. I would add Paul Mannion to that list too.

The bench isn't nearly as deep as it once was. But what interests me is that I think in Leinster teams set-up not to be beaten by Dublin, and as a result stifled them getting inside. The one concern being the second half against Meath where Dublin scored something like three points in regulation time.

Mayo will be a lot more fluid in the way they play, and attack minded, but that will open things up for Dublin a bit more too, and what is forgotten is that Dublins wins have just been by sub 10 in Leinster. Its not as though the games have been especially close.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 10:39am
Seems like a bit or transition alright. It would probably be damaging long term if this Dublin team in transition still went and won the thing.  

I'd looks like a Kerry championship year

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 11:26am
Interesting that Dublin contested but lost both the U20 and minor Leinster titles this year. A more damning stat is that in both of those games they only managed to score 3 points over the 60 minutes.
There must be a lack of scoring forwards coming through

-------------

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 12:30pm
PP have Kerry as slight favourites over Dublin to win the AI with both Mayo and Tyrone as relative outsiders.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 12:51pm
Definitely not playing as well this year but that was always going to be the case with a good few walking away. I've no concerns over our forward line with the likes of Costello, Kilkenny, Scully, O'Callaghan and Rock still there. The backline obviously isn't going to be the same now that Cluxton isn't there and that was always going to be case give how he marshalled it.

Wouldn't have thought Dublin would be 4/11 to beat Mayo given they seem to be much better form, however if Mayo have a repeat of the first 35 min against Galway the next day (or against Kerry if both win) then game could be over by half time given the forward lines on both teams.

-------------

Posted By: jamo1
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 12:57pm
If Kildare had a few more Daniel Flynn's they might have got a bit closer to the Dubs, you could see he was causing them all sorts of trouble every time he got the ball, i think Mayo with their attacking threat will cause serious trouble for the dubs but i can't see them winning.

-------------
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 2:16pm
Mayo without Cillian is a massively diffeent prospect. The amount of scores he gets is incredible, the amount he sets up is equally as incredible. So it's hard to see us turning anyone over from here. 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 2:18pm
All that being said, Mayo's transition has been massively impressive. I really wasn't sure that blitz was still in us, but after what we did to Galway in the second half, it looks like that has been sustained. Incredible when you consider the amount of youth it there and the amount of the spine of the team we lost over this last 12 months.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 2:23pm
I think Mayo can beat Dublin, but Kerry look head and shoulders above everyone at the minute

Posted By: Trigboy 10
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 2:40pm
Think Mayo have benefited from the retirements last year as it’s given younger players a chance now. Even the media circus with some of them retiring was a bit too much. Agree with a previous poster Mayo could well beat Dublin like they did in 2006 and 2012 and then disappoint in the final.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 2:54pm
It's good for those players absolutely. But would Mayo be stronger with David Clarke, Chris Barrett and Keith Higgins?

Absolutely 100% yes

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 3:08pm
Dublin v Mayo Mens and Ladies semis to be a double header in Croker

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 3:18pm

All that being said, Mayo's transition has been massively impressive. I really wasn't sure that blitz was still in us, but after what we did to Galway in the second half, it looks like that has been sustained. Incredible when you consider the amount of youth it there and the amount of the spine of the team we lost over this last 12 months.

Was needed big time IMO. I was critical of Mayo for not introducing more young players over the past decade. Might have been done out of necessity over the last 18 months but definitely seems to have sparked more life in the team across the pitch.  

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Was needed big time IMO. I was critical of Mayo for not introducing more young players over the past decade. Might have been done out of necessity over the last 18 months but definitely seems to have sparked more life in the team across the pitch.  

In fairness, the 2016 U21 and the U20s from 2 years ago are the teams that were expected to have breakthrough players, and that's where they have come from. 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 3:25pm
Any idea when tickets go on sale? It's going to be utter carnage trying to get one.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 3:26pm
Club only I'd say wallsy. Feeding off scraps then. 

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 3:26pm

Can imagine this will be the case.
Assuming they will only be sold in pods also as they have been up until now. 

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 3:37pm
Young and new players often play without the fear of past problems. If Mayo were still relying on the bulk of the team from 2017 I'd back Dublin to win. But this is different.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 4:32pm
I'm expecting a close game. Dublin have done enough so far to keep competition in Leinster at a comfortable distance without racking up the scores we're used to. Meath definitely gave them a scare in the 2nd half but don't think Dublin were ever at risk of losing. Ignoring Mayo's first couple of games and Galway showed up their defence in the first half before being destroyed completely in the second half. 

I'm hoping for a great game but could anything can happen with Dublin v Mayo as we've seen before.

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 5:10pm
Mayo's defence for the two Galway goals was shocking. Dublin will punish them severely. 

Mayo will be doing well to only concede one goal to them imo. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 5:44pm
The matches in recent years have always been close and no reason to believe this SF will be any different.

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 2:51pm

I got Cork/Kilkenny tickets today for the hurling, back to the nightmare of of 5 hours on the portal refreshing. They might have the football up next week when/if there's retuns from clubs.

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 3:06pm
Same re Waterford v Limerick tickets. Long wait but came good in the end yesterday. 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 6:14am
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

The matches in recent years have always been close and no reason to believe this SF will be any different.

Did Dublin not beat them comfortably in the final last year and by 8 points in the semi recently? 

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I got Cork/Kilkenny tickets today for the hurling, back to the nightmare of of 5 hours on the portal refreshing. They might have the football up next week when/if there's retuns from clubs.

Unfortunately I doubt there will be any returns. I know Westport is massively oversubscribed and I'd imagine that is replicated all over the county. I'd also imagine it's true of Dublin clubs.

Ya got to love the bandwagon though! 3500 allowed in for the Leitrim game in Castlebar and absolutely no issue getting tickets for that.

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 5:56pm
To be fair wallsy 35euro for a terrace ticket was f**king scandalous. I don't blame people for not going. 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:21pm
is McHale Park not technically all seater?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:25pm
Sitting on a wet concrete slab in the pissing rain for 35 f**king euro then LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 9:59pm
it’s not much better in the winter for the league either!

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 10:23pm
At least that's just a 10er for a way, way better spectacle! 

-------------

Posted By: bogball88
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 1:35pm
Tyrone panel hit by covid again-talk about requesting a postponement Confused

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2021 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Tyrone panel hit by covid again-talk about requesting a postponement Confused

Kerry v Tyrone postponed for 6 days.  AI Final put back to Sat 4th September

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net