You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 113>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 11:25am
Yea thought they should have beat Meath the other week!

Was hoping to play Antrim, the missus is a big Antrim head, can’t see them troubling Meath.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 11:37am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Mayo v Galway! Brilliant.

About time there's going to be big game in the Championship.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 11:49am
The matches at the weekend were good. There is a lot at stake in the finishing positions in the group. For example any team that finished third is going to find it extremely tough now to make the semi final, they'll have to win an away game next week followed by an away game against a group winner. 

The teams that finished third are arguably better overall than those that finished second though, so next week's games should be good!

I think GAA Go ruins the excitement a bit though. For example yesterday with the Armagh-Galway game on RTE, there was no mention at all that Westmeath had a late free to knock Tyrone out. Ideally RTE would have one live game on RTE2 and RTE1 would have a soccer saturday type show showing highlights from around all the games on a day like yesterday. 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The matches at the weekend were good. There is a lot at stake in the finishing positions in the group. For example any team that finished third is going to find it extremely tough now to make the semi final, they'll have to win an away game next week followed by an away game against a group winner. 

The teams that finished third are arguably better overall than those that finished second though, so next week's games should be good!

I think GAA Go ruins the excitement a bit though. For example yesterday with the Armagh-Galway game on RTE, there was no mention at all that Westmeath had a late free to knock Tyrone out. Ideally RTE would have one live game on RTE2 and RTE1 would have a soccer saturday type show showing highlights from around all the games on a day like yesterday. 

honestly, that's RTEs fault. I was watching the Tyrone Westmeath game and they had constant updates from Galway-Armagh with the implications for the table etc. Compared to RTE who would occasionally pop up the score and no mention of it from the commentators, it was sh*te. Sure Joanne in studio at one point at Mayo winning by 2 points and then went "Oh it's actually Cork by 2, wait by 3 points now!" They really don't have a good set up and their radio coverage was awful too with nobody understanding how close Tyrone came to being out of championship completely.

GAA Go the day before was good as well with Donegal-Monaghan, the Derry Clare match had plenty of updates even though it was less important really once Derry got well ahead in the 2nd half. I know it's in partnership with RTE so it's a bit baffling that they can get that side of it done well but the RTE side so horrible - the cynic in me would say that's on purpose so that the subscription model can be justified.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 4:39pm
Donegal vs Tyrone fixed for 7pm this Saturday evening in ballybofey. Should be some atmosphere at the game hopefully the Donegal support comes out in force to get behind the team 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 6:07pm
Cork game seems to have been moved from 2pm to 4:45pm for that GAA GO.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 3:54pm
What an absolute bunch of battlers our minors are, fantastic result against Kerry in Tullamore.Clap
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2023 at 7:29pm
great day for MonaghanClapClap

Kildare will be sick. They shoulda beat us but we will take it
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 7:37pm
It’s safe to say Down will definitely win an All Ireland in the next 5 years. 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 9:42am
One of these days a team has to turn around and say that they are not playing Dublin in Dublin. There's Cork, Thurles and soon to be Belfast.  

Dublin GAA opt out of all votes on Croke Park so it's not their fault.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 9:48am

At most, possibly 3
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

One of these days a team has to turn around and say that they are not playing Dublin in Dublin. There's Cork, Thurles and soon to be Belfast.  

Dublin GAA opt out of all votes on Croke Park so it's not their fault.

Sending Mayo to Cork or Thurles wouldn't really be too fair.
I can imagine they are happy to play in Croke Park. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 9:50am
Draws for the GAA are getting suspiciously predictable 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 10:05am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Draws for the GAA are getting suspiciously predictable 

Why do they do it on the radio at 8.30 on a Monday morning?
Whats wrong with on the Sunday game?
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 10:29am
Great opportunity for Monaghan 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 10:50am

At most, possibly 3
Any talk like this a year ago and I would have been sending for the men in white coats to have both of you collected. LOL

Just shows what you can achieve when you've a manager whose heart is fully in it and not just doing the job to pull the county board out of a hole (as JMcC himself admitted).

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Clap
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 10:53am
I'm joking obviously, but the signs are good. Serious pace in the team and it seems Laverty has trained them to peak around now to win the Tailtean. 
Who knows what will happen next few years, I think they lack the players in certain areas to compete at the highest level but we will see

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 12:04pm

I'm joking obviously, but the signs are good. Serious pace in the team and it seems Laverty has trained them to peak around now to win the Tailtean. 
Who knows what will happen next few years, I think they lack the players in certain areas to compete at the highest level but we will see

Midfield is a concern though Odhran Murdock from Burren is going to be an exceptional player, in the mould of Rian O’Neill, will play in many positions depending on opponent.

Goalkeeper isn’t good enough imo either.

Kerr and Magill are brilliant, some speed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 113>
  Share Topic