You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 113>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 3:21pm
Has to be a chance that Kilmacud tell them they won't be taking part in any replay. 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Has to be a chance that Kilmacud tell them they won't be taking part in any replay. 

They did say they wouldn't play in the replay.
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 4:14pm

Can only imagine they’ll be stripped and banned for this years club championship if this is the case
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Can only imagine they’ll be stripped and banned for this years club championship if this is the case

Nothing in the rules to allow for that to happen. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

fantastic win for us today... Shut a few of the naysayers in our own county up. Mccolgan and O'Baoill excellent. Roll on Tyrone

Was at the match, conditions weren't great and Kerry missed a number of chances. If it wasn't for that spell in the second half it could have been a very different result. 

Not that yas didn't play well in spells, it was just a poor match overall. Just wouldn't be getting ahead of yourself. Tyrone a good team to be playing next as I think they are poor.

Ah yeah not expecting a huge pile this year...very much a work in progress. Just happy Paddy Carr has gotten off to a good start as he's been written off before a ball has been kicked. 

What is parking like around Healy Park? Will prob tip down to it
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 4:42pm

Without knowing the full rule book, failing to fulfil a fixture under these circumstances surely warrants a punishment? Not to mention it was their own breaking of the rules that has them in this position. Supposedly it’s not the first time a Robbie Brennan managed team has had 16 players on the field during a game 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 5:01pm

Without knowing the full rule book, failing to fulfil a fixture under these circumstances surely warrants a punishment? Not to mention it was their own breaking of the rules that has them in this position. Supposedly it’s not the first time a Robbie Brennan managed team has had 16 players on the field during a game 

They'll get a fine and forfeit the game and that would be most likely it.

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

This is a total clown show. Ordering the replay was the correct decision, it would have made clubs more careful and prevented a recurrence.

As much as I don't like Crokes or any of the "Super Clubs" I don't think they had the extra man on intentionally. Officials mistake here. Have been told the ref was aware of it straight after the 45 but instead of retaking it played an extra minute instead. Madness if true. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 5:45pm
I dont think a replay was the right call on this one. Different if they are playing for 15 minutes or something with the extra man but for 10 seconds, no not for me.

Ok yes it made a little difference having an extra man on the line but it doesn't really have that big of a bearing on the actual outcome of the game given it was a low percentage chance.

It should have been a red card incident really and retake the 45. But since the ref didn't make them retake the 45 (which is the refs fault), then just a retrospective red card and a fine I think would have been the more fair punishment for the crime while also updating the rules to make sure there is no precedent set and prevent it happening again.

Edited by t_rAndy - 31 Jan 2023 at 5:46pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I dont think a replay was the right call on this one. Different if they are playing for 15 minutes or something with the extra man but for 10 seconds, no not for me.

Ok yes it made a little difference having an extra man on the line but it doesn't really have that big of a bearing on the actual outcome of the game given it was a low percentage chance.

It should have been a red card incident really and retake the 45. But since the ref didn't make them retake the 45 (which is the refs fault), then just a retrospective red card and a fine I think would have been the more fair punishment for the crime while also updating the rules to make sure there is no precedent set and prevent it happening again.

What a load of rubbish!

They gained an advantage, a replay was the only sensible outcome. 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 6:20pm

Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

fantastic win for us today... Shut a few of the naysayers in our own county up. Mccolgan and O'Baoill excellent. Roll on Tyrone

Was at the match, conditions weren't great and Kerry missed a number of chances. If it wasn't for that spell in the second half it could have been a very different result. 

Not that yas didn't play well in spells, it was just a poor match overall. Just wouldn't be getting ahead of yourself. Tyrone a good team to be playing next as I think they are poor.

Ah yeah not expecting a huge pile this year...very much a work in progress. Just happy Paddy Carr has gotten off to a good start as he's been written off before a ball has been kicked. 

What is parking like around Healy Park? Will prob tip down to it

If come in the Gortin road can get parked alongside the road just before healy Park is a big carpark at healy Park but not sure if need a pass to gain entry to it 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What a load of rubbish!

They gained an advantage, a replay was the only sensible outcome. 

How is that a load of rubbish? Look at the rules of other sports for having too many players on the field, its pretty unanimous that the punishment is caution to the extra player on the field and cancelling out points scored when the extra player was on the pitch/court. Nowhere is it really that a match is null and void as really its put to the officials to police the correct numbers and fix it during the match if the rules are being broken.

In the GAA the rules are are clear and 3 options available to them, award match to other team, replay or fine. I think this is where you use common sense. Yes for sure if they had an extra man on and they were scoring points with that advantage and the ref doesn't spot it and the match finishes, you have a better argument for replay. But one play where they needed a goal, its way to severe to order a full replay of the match. The option of fine is the just punishment here. 

Another key thing here is its an amateur sport snd they know that players on both sides are not available now and it's going to end up even more farcical. Likely match won't go ahead even. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 31 Jan 2023 at 8:33pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 10:18am
I'm far from a Kilmacud sympathiser but I have to feel a lot of the ager directed at them is due to the "SuperClub" notion. If the shoe was on the other foot do people think there'd be as much outrage? Or if it was Doonbeg from Clare or St.Brigids Roscommon
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 12:45pm
Who is it? Any whispers?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Who is it? Any whispers?

Has a sister known for it, all over the news in the last 6 months 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Who is it? Any whispers?

might be better asking in the hurling thread Wink
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 3:13pm
DJ Carey 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2023 at 4:39pm
really scummy thing to do.
No Pasaran!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 113>
  Share Topic