You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 113>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 10:22am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Kerry seem way out in front at the minute alright. But Mayo really helped them look unbeatable on Sunday with 70 minutes of terrible and naïve defending.  
Mayo looked like they had a training session Sunday morning, that was nowhere near their peak performance. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Kerry seem way out in front at the minute alright. But Mayo really helped them look unbeatable on Sunday with 70 minutes of terrible and naïve defending.  
Mayo looked like they had a training session Sunday morning, that was nowhere near their peak performance. 

I don't think Mayo were holding themselves back on Sunday for Galway at the end of the month. It was a national final and they would have gone out on the pitch 100% focused on winning that game.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Benhur Benhur wrote:

think kerry will easily win sam this year and can still see limerick winning the Liam mccarthy ... could be a handy double 

The current All Ireland Champions might have something to say about that
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

think kerry will easily win sam this year and can still see limerick winning the Liam mccarthy ... could be a handy double 

Doubt it.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 1:45pm

I don't think Mayo were holding themselves back on Sunday for Galway at the end of the month. It was a national final and they would have gone out on the pitch 100% focused on winning that game.
I don't agree, for a must-win game you take an easy week training in the build up. I've a feeling they went hell for leather last week and this, and will taper down for the Galway game next week
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 1:54pm

I don't agree, for a must-win game you take an easy week training in the build up. I've a feeling they went hell for leather last week and this, and will taper down for the Galway game next week

This is exactly what happened. I don't personally like it, but it's exactly what happened.

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

This is exactly what happened. I don't personally like it, but it's exactly what happened.

Still doesn't explain Mayo's defensive strategy on the day of leaving massive gaps between their full and half back lines for Kerry to drop balls into.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 4:03pm
Definitely not. It was ridiculous. Pure Horan stubbornness

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 4:11pm
Maybe this one should be in the crime thread but today a former Armagh county footballer, Robbie Tasker, was in court for assaulting a woman, trying to hijack her car and damaging it with a crowbar. Tasker was a member of the Armagh minor team that won the All-Ireland in 2009 and has played for the seniors. A deeply unloveable cokehead, he and another lowlife from Cullyhanna were jailed some years ago for hijacking a taxi and threatening the life of the driver.
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

yous were notoriously bad the year after winning Sam in the 00's, I think the trend is continuing with this setup especially with all the lads leaving the panel? Hard to sustain it again but it would be very Tyrone to have another run anyway - I heard Ciarán Murphy on Second Captains say Tyrone are the worst All-Ireland Champions of the last 30 years which was just an awful shout LOL

From a Donegal POV I definitely hope yous are on a down year. Hard to know where we're at, probably our best performance under Bonner in a long time came against Tyrone last year in championship and the pure knockout meant that was it. We were shocking at times in the league but really have no idea what kind of shape we're in until a do-or-die championship game really. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 6:30pm
Kerry are certainly favourites, but they were at this time last year too. 

I'd have Tyrone as the team most likely to get near them

Benhur View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 8:13pm
Agree with this ... thnk jack o connor will make a huge difference and think Tyrone would be best hope of beating them... hope I'm wrong though 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 3:03pm
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

https://www.balls.ie/gaa/offaly-u14-footballers-dropped-soccer-506000

GAA losing the run of themselves. Kids ffs, let them play what they want.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Offaly GAA losing the run of themselves, they hardly speak for the rest of the country. Jason Sherlock played LOI while playing for the Dubs, Anthony Tohill of Derry another example of doing the same.

Didn't Offaly lock their own players out of the O'Connor Park in Tullamore before also?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 4:15pm

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Offaly GAA losing the run of themselves, they hardly speak for the rest of the country. Jason Sherlock played LOI while playing for the Dubs, Anthony Tohill of Derry another example of doing the same.

Didn't Offaly lock their own players out of the O'Connor Park in Tullamore before also?

I don't see the problem with it. They'll be replaced by lads who can commit fully. I and 2 others were dropped from my school's rugby panel for playing GAA and we were replaced by rugby lads who would attend every match and training.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 5:25pm
Commit fully. 13 year olds ffs. 
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 5:53pm
Scandalous decision from Declan Kelly. This wasn’t about the lads missing training at all, it was done purely to prove a point that if picked for a county panel, you should be privileged enough to prioritise it over EVERYTHING else. Not a chance were the 4 lads going to miss the opportunity to play rovers in a national cup QF. Have a feeling they will be back on the panel by Monday morning, purely due to the backlash

Edited by Greener92 - 08 Apr 2022 at 6:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 113>
  Share Topic