You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 113>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 6:54pm
Tyrone were excellent Clap
Aidan O Shea zero points in 8 AI finals 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Big tube!
Declanus View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 7:22pm
The Virus v The Curse and The Virus deserved to win. Good game. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 11:12pm
anyone see the young lad on camera during the speeches giving the finger and licking the V. f**king gas
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 12:05am
Best team by a country mile won. All over the pitch. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 5:34am
Tyrone were brilliant,  Keegan won a 50/50 free and was in mcurrys face, he walked away  Mayo looked consumed  by the whole occasion,   Tyrone  players game management was excellent, Dooher on the line constantly involved,  Horan had his arms folded 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 6:22am
Tyrone certainly deserved their win and fair play to them but I couldn't believe what I was seeing with Mayo they were so poor in the crucial areas of the pitch.

Edited by Double Maxim - 12 Sep 2021 at 6:23am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 6:48am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

It's amazing how hyped up he is when he's consistently failed to deliver in any of the finals he's played in.

1 or 2, fair enough, but 8 is no coincidence.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 10:29am
Poorest Mayo team to make the final in recent years 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Would someone not smother that one lad whose remaining from the cursed team? Jesus they are absolutely desperate. How the feck did they beat Dublin? LOL
He lives in Kerry. I'm told the locals treat him very well
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Poorest Mayo team to make the final in recent years 

Agreed.

Unlucky that the year that Dublin/Kerry were finally passed their peak, Mayo players seemed to be too. 

I thinkt the whole curse and counting lost all Ireland takes the eyes away from the proper analysis, they have never been the better team in those finals.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 1:51pm
I dont like Tyrone winning. Just dont like them.

Having said that, they deserved the win yesterday.

I think the curse thing is over-played. Mayo have been a very hyped team in terms of their abilities, and on too many occasions, the big occasion has been a let down, be it at the Semi-Final or Final stage, and beating more than one of the top table in any given year seems something they cannot do.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 4:14pm
I don't get the kerry bashing this year. They were very close to beating Tyrone and if they did I'd have no doubt they'd have beaten Mayo too. Dublin threw it away this year. Next year I'm back donegal or armagh for ulster and Dublin to regain Sam. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 5:19pm
The curse thing is a load of nonsense. 

There might be a psychological aspect among the players and manager given the history and expectations but Mayo haven't done it. 

I think 96 and the 2013 were the finals that got away. 

Mayo have missed a huge opportunity this year especially with Dublin and Kerry not being the opponents. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:28pm
Mayo LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

The curse thing is a load of nonsense. 

There might be a psychological aspect among the players and manager given the history and expectations but Mayo haven't done it. 

I think 96 and the 2013 were the finals that got away. 

Mayo have missed a huge opportunity this year especially with Dublin and Kerry not being the opponents. 

It may be nonsense but i would agree it may be in their minds whether they would admit it or not. Although when i seen the game was in 9/11 i said they are goosed. And they miss a peno. I dont knooowwwww.....
I love beer gardens
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:49am
There's no doubt the "curse" is on their minds. They were all talking about it being broken when they beat Dublin but the curse isn't about Dublin.

Ulster, leinster and munster have all won a healthy share of AI titles now in the last 20 years. The last win for connaught was Galway in 2001.

Leinster (8)
Ulster (6)
Minster (6)

I think that's the break down for the last 20 titles. It adds flair to a province when the all Ireland champs are in it and that's something connaught have been lacking. Ulster next year will have a few teams gunning to dethrone the AI champs. Armagh, Monaghan and Donegal in particular. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 6:07am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I dont like Tyrone winning. Just dont like them.

Having said that, they deserved the win yesterday.

I think the curse thing is over-played. Mayo have been a very hyped team in terms of their abilities, and on too many occasions, the big occasion has been a let down, be it at the Semi-Final or Final stage, and beating more than one of the top table in any given year seems something they cannot do.

They're a very entertaining team to watch with the intensity they play at and the speed at which they attack. Very little passive possession.

Dublin surely looked at that final yesterday and thought that if they can get their act together then they'll have a big opportunity to regain the AI next year.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 113>
  Share Topic