You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 35>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:59pm
Wouldn't mind Porto to be honest, I kind of like matches away from capital cities.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 10:04pm
Hoping it’s faro to make a sun holiday out of it but it’s looking like Lisbon, looking very hopeful now. 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

If champions league final goes ahead in Lisbon as being suggested than its a massive boost to our game you would think.

Looks like  like Lisbon all right. UEFA have some demands the UK won’t meet.
almost guaranteed to be. uefa want 1000+ sponsors to be exempted from quarantine. ain't gonna happen.

i wonder having this in lisbon make porto the more likely option for our game as lisbon has hosted several internationals recently and now this. 

is it 60 or 90 days before the match they have to decide?

Even in normal times the p1ss was pulled with this rule, Andorra, Gibraltar etc . Even now we don't know where the champions League final is being played in a couple of weeks time.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 10:33pm
Portugal can host our game anywhere, they fully opened up as of last week albeit at a limited capacity.

You could argue Estadio Algarve in Faro is more desirable due to the fact it's out the way thus limiting the temptation for Home support to go thus making it a lesser risk.

The capacity of the Estadio Da Luz or Algarve is irrelevant because the same attendance will be the same because of the limited capacity.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Hoping it’s faro to make a sun holiday out of it but it’s looking like Lisbon, looking very hopeful now. 
No chance it’s Faro 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Portugal can host our game anywhere, they fully opened up as of last week albeit at a limited capacity.

You could argue Estadio Algarve in Faro is more desirable due to the fact it's out the way thus limiting the temptation for Home support to go thus making it a lesser risk.

The capacity of the Estadio Da Luz or Algarve is irrelevant because the same attendance will be the same because of the limited capacity.

More desirable for us going on the piss for the week in Albufeira LOL

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

More desirable for us going on the piss for the week in Albufeira LOL

I'm not gonna lie it was first thing on my mind LOLLOL
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

No chance it’s Faro 

Yah it's unlikely. They played Lithuania in Faro in a Euro 2020 qualifier but I couldn't see them playing us anywhere outside Lisbon in September. Maybe Porto at a push but they didn't play any of their Euro 2020 qualifiers there. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 5:11am
have flights to faro booked ( just because of cost/availability) with the intention of getting the train . Been to Lisbon and Porto both lovely but hoping for Lisbon as it’s closer 

If they hope to bring European champions you would think they would choose the biggest stadium following it 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Allnighters11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allnighters11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 1:35pm
Do we expect the FAI to get much of an allocation? Yee thinking they'll allow 100% capacity? 

Edited by Allnighters11 - 11 May 2021 at 1:35pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Allnighters11 Allnighters11 wrote:

Do we expect the FAI to get much of an allocation? Yee thinking they'll allow 100% capacity? 
Far too early to answer any of that to be honest. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Be towards the end of the year before we see full capacity I reckon
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 2:34pm
Many people booked this yet?

I assume it's going to be Lisbon and not Porto.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Be towards the end of the year before we see full capacity I reckon

Yah would be shocked if there was a full capacity allowed at games in September. Bit too early. 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 8:13pm
Can't see why not if everyone is vaccinated.

The Premier league is hoping to have capacity crowds in August. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 11 May 2021 at 8:15pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 8:18pm

Can't see why not if everyone is vaccinated 

It's still a long way off things can change in a matter of days just look at India how that got out of control .
As it stands i think fans will be in the stadium now will away fans be allowed is the big question the way  i am looking at it is if i dont see the point going if i cant get to see the game . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

It's still a long way off things can change in a matter of days just look at India how that got out of control .
As it stands i think fans will be in the stadium now will away fans be allowed is the big question the way  i am looking at it is if i dont see the point going if i cant get to see the game . 

India got out of hand as they are way behind with vaccinations. Its in no way comparable to Europe.

I'll probably do what NR is doing and spend the trip on the coast if away fans are not allowed. I'd be shocked if we're not by next season tbh. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 11 May 2021 at 9:04pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

As it stands i think fans will be in the stadium now will away fans be allowed is the big question the way  i am looking at it is if i dont see the point going if i cant get to see the game

the big shiney hot thing in the sky

if home fans are allowed in why wouldn't away fan be allowed in given that they are allowed into the country in the first place

Edited by Newryrep - 11 May 2021 at 10:21pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 35>
  Share Topic