Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57676
Printed Date: 26 Apr 2024 at 2:56pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
Posted By: kevincronin2000
Subject: Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:36pm
While I know some people have booked Belgrade I feel this has the most realistic chance of our first competitive away game after the pandemic. While the game will probably be in Lisbon it is possible it maybe somewhere else. For those booking hotels with free cancellation what district in Lisbon are you booking.
While I acknowledge that Irish bars are expensive the area around Hennessy's near the harbour area seems like a decent spot, large open spaces and a square for those who want to kick footballs into balconies, but more importantly it's near pink street where there are a range of bars and clubs open untill dawn. Booked 262 Boutique Hotel myself.
Looking forward to a bit of Sun, Sea and Superbok now.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Replies:
Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:53pm
Porto, Lisbon and Faro have been used by Portugal in the past few years. Knowing us it'll be Madeira. Lisbon is a great city

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 11:01pm
Barrio Alto is the bar/pub/party district, would imagine most will stay there 

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 12:20pm
Given the potential numbers of travelling Irish fans that will go to this match - assuming all is well and we are allowed to attend - it will be astonishing if this match is not in Lisbon.

Posted By: wicklowrunner
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 12:33pm
Ryanair have put flights on for Lisbon and Aer Lingus prices have jumped big time.

Posted By: Donegalman
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 1:00pm
€37 for flights out to Lisbon at the minute worth the gamble anyway even if the game is changed to Faro or somewhere else. Hopefully will be Lisbon as I’d imagine will be a big travelling support.

Posted By: belt
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

€37 for flights out to Lisbon at the minute worth the gamble anyway even if the game is changed to Faro or somewhere else. Hopefully will be Lisbon as I’d imagine will be a big travelling support.

What dates are you seeing the €37 flights for?

Posted By: Jackal
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 1:55pm
Lisbon seems to be for the big games. Anyone ever use the rail service in Portugal? Is it reasonable?

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

What dates are you seeing the €37 flights for?
Everyday from the 25th to the 29th of August or at least it was when I booked anyway

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Lisbon seems to be for the big games. Anyone ever use the rail service in Portugal? Is it reasonable?

Took train from albuferia to Lisbon after we played Gibraltar in 2015 was grand job and was reasonably priced from what I can mind

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Took train from albuferia to Lisbon after we played Gibraltar in 2015 was grand job and was reasonably priced from what I can mind
Very good to hear. 

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:43pm

Very good to hear. 
Ireland is pretty much a third world country when it come to any transport, Portugal was a,ways going to be grand.

Posted By: JUICEBOMB
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Very good to hear. 
Ireland is pretty much a third world country when it come to any transport, Portugal was a,ways going to be grand.

It’s “always”.......a,ways ffs 

-------------
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Very good to hear. 

It’s “always”.......a,ways ffs 
work for the grammar police now do you? Prick.

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:57pm

There was about 15 or so Irish lads in our carriage and they were all unconscious for 95% of the journey so that implies it was a smooth journey . That includes yourself Wink

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

There was about 15 or so Irish lads in our carriage and they were all unconscious for 95% of the journey so that implies it was a smooth journey . That includes yourself Wink
ringer lost his bell...

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:21am

Croatia played in Faro in September 2018 and in Porto in September 2020.  

Posted By: newrynyuk
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 10:20am
Yeah but Croatia were never going to bring large numbers of away support.  Unlikely that Portugal would face the likes of England, Germany, and indeed, us, outside of Lisbon.

Posted By: ConorMac77
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 10:24am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Croatia played in Faro in September 2018 and in Porto in September 2020.  

They were both Nations League games though, weren't they? And we all know it's not been taken quite as seriously as a qualifying campaign. Considering how important this game is bound to be, I would be expecting to see this one being put on in Benfica's stadium in Lisbon. 

-------------
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 10:50am
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

That shows how great the service was since that was probably the best sleep I got all trip LOL

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 11:24am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

While I know some people have booked Belgrade I feel this has the most realistic chance of our first competitive away game after the pandemic. While the game will probably be in Lisbon it is possible it maybe somewhere else. For those booking hotels with free cancellation what district in Lisbon are you booking.
While I acknowledge that Irish bars are expensive the area around Hennessy's near the harbour area seems like a decent spot, large open spaces and a square for those who want to kick footballs into balconies, but more importantly it's near pink street where there are a range of bars and clubs open untill dawn. Booked 262 Boutique Hotel myself.

Booked the Leaf Boutique Hotel myself which is further up near that big park (Parque Eduardo) . It's probably the same company that owns both hotels. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 12:03pm
Lisbon is a cracking city, great nightlife. If the world is back to normal, will build the summer holidays around this. Down to the Algarve for a week or so, then tip up to Lisbon the Tuesday for the game on the Wednesday. 

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Yeah but Croatia were never going to bring large numbers of away support.  Unlikely that Portugal would face the likes of England, Germany, and indeed, us, outside of Lisbon.

Even assuming away fans are allowed in September I doubt that will be their main consideration.  

They do move games around the country.  Denmark went to Braga in the 2016 qualifiers.  If we play in Lisbon then others in our group will play outside the capital.  All I am saying really is allow time to travel elsewhere if booking flights to Lisbon.  It is also best to book free cancellation as always on hotels.   

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 3:20pm
Booking Lisbon for flights not a huge risk regardless of where we play IMO. Faro and Lisbon are the only places where there's regular flights to from here. Think Ryanair only fly to Porto once or twice a week. You won't be screwed for getting eleswhere in Portugal by flying to Lisbon

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: muscles
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 5:45pm

Thats where all the action was back in 2000 anyway and i dont recall it being dear, in fact there some great local bars down side streets that were very cheap though it is 20 years ago Ermm Have booked a hotel in that area anyway. Dont remember Pink St at all.

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 8:42pm

Very good to hear. 
It's handy as there's no flights to Lisbon from Cork, I can fly to Faro and get the train up. Happy days.

Posted By: Kev87
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 11:50pm
Trying to organise a surprise 60th for the aul lad, had a look there flights seem fine free cancellation on hotel etc, been to most home games for the past 5or6 years but yet to make an away.
Considering just booking this week, sh*t happens and there's no away support allowed in are you all going to Lisbon anyway? 

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 6:18am
Originally posted by Kev87 Kev87 wrote:

Trying to organise a surprise 60th for the aul lad, had a look there flights seem fine free cancellation on hotel etc, been to most home games for the past 5or6 years but yet to make an away.
Considering just booking this week, sh*t happens and there's no away support allowed in are you all going to Lisbon anyway? 
Probably too early for most to answer this. For the majority it will depend on the state of play with covid/restrictions etc. I and Most I know are holding off booking anything until things are much clearer. Bear in mind it may not be in Lisbon either.

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 9:32am
I know of a few people who have booked this and will go whether the fans are allowed in or not.

I'm not booking anything myself until we get the all clear - which I doubt we will get.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I know of a few people who have booked this and will go whether the fans are allowed in or not.

I'm not booking anything myself until we get the all clear - which I doubt we will get.

Yep the same as you and Sham , just sitting on the fence until much closer to the time .

Don't mind paying twice as much as those who have already booked as long as we can be inside the ground .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:06pm
I’m booked ,more in hope than expectation 

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 4:03pm
Have a cheap flight out to Lisbon booked since the day the fixtures were released. Hopefully fans will be allowed in by then but very hard to judge the situation yet. 

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 4:37pm

Have a cheap flight out to Lisbon booked since the day the fixtures were released. Hopefully fans will be allowed in by then but very hard to judge the situation yet. 

Funny I have a inbound flight booked as you obviously need to get back to Dublin for the sat game - outbound will depend or whether it will be a 3 nighter or 7 nighter or something in between

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 6:47pm
I've a direct outbound flight for the morning before the match booked for £38 and a hotel on free cancellation.

Won't be booking anything else until we find out about whether we can go or not. 

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 7:15pm
Portugal imposes 14 day quarantine on people coming from Ireland.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 7:16pm

Portugal imposes 14 day quarantine on people coming from Ireland.
I happen to know for a fact that this may or may not be changed in time.

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:02am
Booked accommodation with free cancellation, won't go near flights until nearer the time. Hopefully things have changed massively by September 

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:44am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Booked accommodation with free cancellation, won't go near flights until nearer the time. Hopefully things have changed massively by September 

Yep hope you are right , best just to sit and wait .

-------------

Posted By: brissy
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:51am
I'm going to spend a good few days in Lisbon, maybe four booking into Lisbon central hostel, dirt cheap, I think by then fans will be allowed into grounds

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 1:49pm
booked hotel free cancellation for 7 days won’t touch flights until confirmation fans are allowed.

-------------
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.

Posted By: Tyronebhoy
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 5:58pm
Have done Albufeira to Lisbon by train for Ireland game in 2000 and Celtic v Benfica in 2007, great craic. But think I'll do 4-5 days in Lisbon this time, such brilliant city and easy to get around.

-------------
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All

Posted By: ThrowInDelap
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 3:12pm
Will be back on the away game trail after a few years absence. 
Hopefully starting here, accom provisionally booked. 

-------------
If time's a drug, then Big Ben is a huge needle injecting it into the sky.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 5:21pm
They reckon over here the over 50s will be done and dusted by May. The only Irish away supporters at this game could be the one's living in the UK. 

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

They reckon over here the over 50s will be done and dusted by May. The only Irish away supporters at this game could be the one's living in the UK. 
Irish government still saying it is working towards having most people vaccinated by September and that becomes more likely which each new vaccine getting approved. I'd be hopeful that this would be the first away game back with fans though obviously nothing is certain in this pandemic. 

Posted By: darmack
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 7:50pm
Portugal being one of the worst countries in Europe might have different plans. 
Their vaccination roll out is poor enough, ch4 said they way things are going it will take another 2 years to vaccinate 2/3 of the country. 

-------------
The dark side.. And the light

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Portugal being one of the worst countries in Europe might have different plans. 
Their vaccination roll out is poor enough, ch4 said they way things are going it will take another 2 years to vaccinate 2/3 of the country. 

That's a good point actually - Never considered that Portugal might be behind on this. 

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 9:42pm
Lisbon hospitals overwhelmed.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 10:01pm
ah jaysus i might have to splash out for the azerbajanis in that case. surely they're on top of things Pinch

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: xRedmanLFCx
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Lisbon is a cracking city, great nightlife. If the world is back to normal, will build the summer holidays around this. Down to the Algarve for a week or so, then tip up to Lisbon the Tuesday for the game on the Wednesday. 

This is my plan also. However we're still no wiser the start of February than we were in December. 

-------------
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 7:34pm
I thought Ewan McKenna would have sorted Portugal with his brilliant ideas 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: gmfc90
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Spewan MacKenna. Lives in Portugal and spends all day moaning about Ireland even though Portugal is in a jock

-------------
Danger here, OH NO

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 1:54pm

LOL

He's a real f**king know it all 

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 10:21am
No chance would I be booking flights for anything in 2021 tbh. It's just too unpredictable

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 2:59pm
Yep. Portugal a month or two too soon IMO.  Luxembourg the most likely to have away fans IMO. 

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Yep. Portugal a month or two too soon IMO.  Luxembourg the most likely to have away fans IMO. 
How nice would it be that by next November all we would have to worry about is tickets for Luxembourg and not Covid. 

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 7:10pm

Fook ya Dinny, you're kiling my false hope LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 7:18pm
muf you booked Serbia for feic sake ha ha love your optimism 😀

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Charlton's Child
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 8:22pm
at this point I’d be fecking happy to get into a home game this campaign ! 

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

+1 

I'd be happy just to be at the Portugal game in Lansdowne come November.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 8:43pm

Ah here ffs LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 10:04pm

I didn't book flights or a hotel in Serbia. Liar!!! Tongue  

I did book the annual leave off though LOL Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Apologies muf.  I take it back 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 10:33pm

Strange how UEFA haven't announced anything yet on attendances given the qualifiers start next month. 

You'd expect them to put out a statement confirming that there'd be no supporters permitted for the opening rounds in March and it would be subject to review in the next rounds in September.  

-------------

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 11:03pm

Strange how UEFA haven't announced anything yet on attendances given the qualifiers start next month. 

You'd expect them to put out a statement confirming that there'd be no supporters permitted for the opening rounds in March and it would be subject to review in the next rounds in September.  
Take it that it will be due to individual countries making decisions on how many are let in

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 7:40pm

Luxembourg will probably have finished vaccinating the entire population, the goats and the sheep before we have vaccinated all of the front line staff! LOL

-------------
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 7:42pm

Better chance of getting into a match in Luxembourg (or Azerbaijan possibly!) than getting into Lansdowne Road at this rate. 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 7:47pm

+1 

I'd be happy just to be at the Portugal game in Lansdowne come November.

I am inclined to agree. However it would feel like a big let down/disappointment if the Poles, Swedes, Germans, Britts etc were touring around Europe in the summer, Sept/Oct, when we can't even get into Lansdowne Road.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Better chance of getting into a match in Luxembourg (or Azerbaijan possibly!) than getting into Lansdowne Road at this rate. 
I said this to someone earlier that there’s as much chance of getting into Portugal away game in September as there is of getting into Azerbaijan or Serbia at home in September.

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:24pm
The Irish government look to be following the English Govt regarding mandatory hotel quarantine centres if you arrive from a 'red flag' country - A £1750/2000 euro fee is required to stay in the hotel for 14 days otherwise you can get a £5000 fine and/or a 10 year jail sentence.

Portugal is a country listed on the red flag list and I can't see the stance changing anytime soon.

I think it's safe to say any trip to Portugal to a complete write-off unless you're willing to comply with the soon-to-be law. If there's any hope I can give it's that Azerbaijan is not on red flag list.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/hotel-quarantine-bigger-fines-cards-23471833" rel="nofollow - https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/hotel-quarantine-bigger-fines-cards-23471833

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 12:45am
As every day passes it looks more unlikely that we will get to travel this year.
What a ***t of a virus 

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 8:18am
away with the negativity lads 

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: wanderer
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 8:44am

As every day passes it looks more unlikely that we will get to travel this year.
What a ***t of a virus 

Yeah nobody knows what's going to happen but I'm not optimistic at the moment. Over 2 years without going to a game if this continues into 2022

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:28am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The Irish government look to be following the English Govt regarding mandatory hotel quarantine centres if you arrive from a 'red flag' country - A £1750/2000 euro fee is required to stay in the hotel for 14 days otherwise you can get a £5000 fine and/or a 10 year jail sentence.

Portugal is a country listed on the red flag list and I can't see the stance changing anytime soon.

I think it's safe to say any trip to Portugal to a complete write-off unless you're willing to comply with the soon-to-be law. If there's any hope I can give it's that Azerbaijan is not on red flag list.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/hotel-quarantine-bigger-fines-cards-23471833" rel="nofollow - https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/hotel-quarantine-bigger-fines-cards-23471833

Jaysus, it's 7 months away!

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

And we didn't even have 1 vaccine even approved 3 months ago. A lot can still change in the next few months. Don't be panicking just yet. Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

away with the negativity lads 
Ive travelled with worse ****s 

Posted By: coyne
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 10:14am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

And we didn't even have 1 vaccine even approved 3 months ago. A lot can still change in the next few months. Don't be panicking just yet. Thumbs Up

Ah thought I was being realistic rather than negative.

I'd be the first person on the plane if it was in Faro after all the craic last time! I still laugh occasionally how much of a tit I made of myself LOLEmbarrassed

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 2:24pm

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Ah thought I was being realistic rather than negative.

I'd be the first person on the plane if it was in Faro after all the craic last time! I still laugh occasionally how much of a tit I made of myself LOLEmbarrassed
Redeemed yourself shouting me the pint in the airportThumbs Up

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 2:28pm
we really need some blind optimism based on nothing in particular  - we are Ireland fans after all it comes with the territory

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:27pm
optimism is a hard ask at the moment . The pressure from the media especially to open up early for Christmas and people letting their guard down was a disaster and unfortunately we will be very lucky to have a home holiday never mind foreign travel.

-------------

Posted By: VanBosch
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 11:20pm
if we can’t go to these batch of games I might even consider Qatar 2022!

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

we really need some blind optimism based on nothing in particular  - we are Ireland fans after all it comes with the territory

Ah the whole thing will fizzle out in the summer. Get booking them flights lads Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 12:03am
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

if we can’t go to these batch of games I might even consider Qatar 2022!
Yeah I'm going to look at going to the final if there's no games this Autumn.

-------------

Posted By: brissy
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 4:29am
Do you think you will get a ticket in lisbon for this, if it goes ahead

Posted By: eireland
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 6:57am
Hard to know. I wonder will it be a case of only fans who are vaccinated can go in which case I'd imagine a lot of us would be. 

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 7:14pm
Took the plunge well kind of as i booked time off work for all of the the away apart from Serbia , now not booking flights but at least i have the time off sorted if we do . 

-------------

Posted By: williemc83
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 10:54am
I assume Lisbon would have better facilities than other cities for managing bubbles and distancing so on that basis it's likely that games will be scheduled to take place there.

In the event fans can attend games you'd assume it'll be put in the biggest possible stadium to i). to cater for as many people attending as possible; ii). cater for social distancing within the stadium if only a partial attendance is allowed.

Your really hoping for a perfect storm of both countries (and likely the rest of Europe) meeting their vaccine targets in time and restrictions lifting. Bizzare that the FAI CEO thinks fans will be able to attend Euro 2020 games in Dublin in June when attending games in September look far from certain. 

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 11:32am
Lisbon had huge case numbers haven’t checked in the last fortnight. If people use cop on there’s a chance we could actually get to go in September.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Lisbon had huge case numbers haven’t checked in the last fortnight. If people use cop on there’s a chance we could actually get to go in September.
They did but that peak has already passed and numbers are now down to around 1k cases per day.

If these vaccine passports do become a thing as well, we could indeed get to go. Clap

-------------

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 6:46pm
https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0227/1199793-life-after-vaccines/ " rel="nofollow - https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0227/1199793-life-after-vaccines/  ;

Don't think there's any hope of large scale international travel for a long time

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0227/1199793-life-after-vaccines/ " rel="nofollow - https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0227/1199793-life-after-vaccines/  ;

Don't think there's any hope of large scale international travel for a long time

That’s a ridiculous article

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 7:34pm

It must have been, because it's no longer available through that link. LOL

I do agree with VanBosch's post though, I think it's unlikely there'll be any international travel in mass numbers (for something like a match) for the rest of this year, unfortunately. 

Anyway, we live in hope! 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

It must have been, because it's no longer available through that link. LOL

I do agree with VanBosch's post though, I think it's unlikely there'll be any international travel in mass numbers (for something like a match) for the rest of this year, unfortunately. 

Anyway, we live in hope! 

My post was the article is overly negative! I’ve booked for Luxembourg!!

Posted By: Linzark
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 9:14pm
'' After the pandemic ''

LOL

-------------
Linzark

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 11:57am
Portugal plan unveiled last night. You'llbe able to eat and drink outside restaraunts, bars and cafes from 5 April and inside from 19 April. [Source Ewan McKenna Twitter.] But shur we probably be still stuck within our 5km here.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 11:59am
Ewan McKenna the man who knows everything LOL

-------------

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 12:53pm

Ah here I thought Sid did

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 4:31pm

Portugal plan unveiled last night. You'llbe able to eat and drink outside restaraunts, bars and cafes from 5 April and inside from 19 April. [Source Ewan McKenna Twitter.] But shur we probably be still stuck within our 5km here.
probably end up qewan for a seat

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Maybe Ewan is Sidney Shocked

-------------

Posted By: Jasonic
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 8:42pm

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Maybe Ewan is Sidney Shocked

Still wouldn't be far enough away

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 9:19pm