You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 35>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 10:59am
Is it fair to say we'll be watching this match and there'll be 50-100 obvious Irish fans spread throughout the ground.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
Sponsored Links

limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 11:01am
I will still go and see if I can get into the home end. Slim chance I suppose but everything booked so might as well try. 
just hit the fecking thing
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 11:10am
Yeah still gonna go and try and get in

Worse come to worse could do worse than sitting in a bar on the algarve watching us

ybig!!!
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 11:14am
see you there lad .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 11:21am
Bit of a downer all right, Few pints of super bock and all will be ok again. It's gas uefa had no issue with fans travelling around Europe to make their competition in the summer look good.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 11 Aug 2021 at 2:03pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 11:47am
Disappointing granted the vacciantion levels across europe, Covid Certs etc but mostly dud to UEFA's showcae event being hearlded such a great success being able to accomodate fans all over europe being able to travel and let in for games!!

Will still head over anyway and mae the holiday out of it. With the Curfews lifted there could be a right bit of craic to be had for a day and night at some bars across Albufeira the day of the game, no doubt many others will do the same. Will stay and watch it from a bar rather than trecking out to the stadium and back with no sure access even to the home end!

ybig
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 11:49am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Bit of a downer all right, Few pints of super bock and all will be ok again. It's gas uefa had no issue with fans travelling around Europe to make their competition in n the summer look good.

This exactly, I don't understand this decision at all, what is the justification for it when the EU Covid cert is in place?

Have it booked so will still go and have my holiday, what's the craic with home end tickets?
Jimboy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 1:28pm
It's a pity and makes no sense after having fans all over Europe. 
Oh well, we'll still be there. Cya on the strip in albufeira.
🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 1:48pm
UEFA super cup on Windsor park tonight people need proof of double  vaccination or PcR tests !!!!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 1:50pm
Meanwhile there’ll be 100+ Bohs fans in Greece tomorrow 
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Unofficially
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Unofficially
Oh I know, I just enjoyed the timing of the announcement, made as a load of Bohs fans enjoy a pool in Thessaloniki 
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

Disappointing granted the vacciantion levels across europe, Covid Certs etc but mostly dud to UEFA's showcae event being hearlded such a great success being able to accomodate fans all over europe being able to travel and let in for games!!

Will still head over anyway and mae the holiday out of it. With the Curfews lifted there could be a right bit of craic to be had for a day and night at some bars across Albufeira the day of the game, no doubt many others will do the same. Will stay and watch it from a bar rather than trecking out to the stadium and back with no sure access even to the home end!

ybig
And the Portuguese FA switched all their home games to Faro to encourage away fans to make a holiday around the games. Well that's back fired now. FFS UEFA make me laugh, 18k in Belfast tonight proof of vaccination or pcr test. champions League final in May with fans in Porto. The Euro haf fans in every stadium.. bizarre decision. 1k of all away fans wouldn't make ajot of differnce to covid figures in most of the European Countries.

Anyway, I'll go for the holliers and super boc. If a ticket comes my way I'll use spray tan and the biggest face mask to hide the white mush etc. And Tommie  and co. can jump the stiles... notWink  
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 12:07am
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

ybig
And the Portuguese FA switched all their home games to Faro to encourage away fans to make a holiday around the games. Well that's back fired now. FFS UEFA make me laugh, 18k in Belfast tonight proof of vaccination or pcr test. Champions League final in May with fans in Porto. The Euro's had fans in every stadium. 1k of all away fans wouldn't make a jot of difference to covid figures in most of the European Countries.

Anyway, I'll go for the holliers and super boc. If a ticket comes my way I'll use spray tan and the biggest face mask to hide the white mush etc, cause a distraction while Tommie & Co. can jump the stiles... notWink  

From the wee north !

Some fans took to social media to criticise Uefa, with Twitter user Phil Leckey writing: “Yet villareal fans will be in Windsor tonight.”

Wednesday’s Uefa Super Cup in Belfast will feature a contingent of supporters who have travelled from the Spanish city to support their team.

The Northern Ireland Executive agreed an exemption to allow Uefa VIP guests and Villarreal fans to travel to attend the match without the need to isolate.(800) I believe.

The Amalgamation of Official Northern Ireland Supporters’ Clubs tweeted: “Disappointing news this morning, courtesy of our colleagues at Football Supporters Europe.

“Certain groups of people can travel freely for events, but football fans once again are treated differently...”

The Chairman of the group Gary McAllistrer added: “Ordinary punters bottom of the list again...”

Uefa has yet to issue an official statement and has been contacted for a response.

"but yet we can still travel to Portugal the same dates as the game with our EU digital pass etc. and there's no bother." and every other Irish person still going on holidays there.. bizarre decision. 

Edited by baresi41 - 12 Aug 2021 at 4:41am
    FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
    OohAah... View Drop Down
    Ray Houghton
    Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 10:40am
    Any chance of a backlash against Uefa on this?
    Borussia View Drop Down
    Roy Keane
    Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 11:05am
    Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Any chance of a backlash against Uefa on this?

I think it's a FIFA decision and not a UEFA one. 
    OohAah... View Drop Down
    Ray Houghton
    Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 3:47pm
    Same question RE FIFA

gufct View Drop Down
    Jack Charlton
    Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 3:54pm
    Irish papers hardly mentioned it today nobody gives a f**k about supporters.
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 35>
      Share Topic