You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 35>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Please see my source below:

What source are you publishing?

That's fine are you  planning on staying in Portugal as  if you intend to return at any stage you need to follow DFA ( Ireland) or Foreign Office ( UK) advice and the UK advice is PCR test before you leave Portugal and PCR test 2 days after you land back in UK

Coming into the UK is also an antigen test (or pcr) before departure from the destination country.
  • an antigen test, such as a test from a lateral flow device
As I said earlier in the thread, I have been back and forth to Spain over the last 6 weeks. The last time out in the clinic getting the test before coming home, 5 Danish lads all got postive and were just walking about the place asking where do they go, waving their red cert about. Whole clinic nearly emptied in panic

That’s the worry as well - you fail a test over there and are stuck in limbo - fukin brexit again 

Edited by Newryrep - 04 Aug 2021 at 6:46am
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 5:38pm
I see on the Portuguese FA's website under the ticket section it says information will be coming soon.

Just say UEFA give the directive that the 30k Algarve stadium can only have 50% capacity, would UEFA still instruct the Portuguese FA that they would still need to provide 5% allocation of the 15K for away fans?

Or are UEFA just likely to prohibit away fans all across the board for the September international window?

Does UEFA mainly make the call on away fans or the national football association that's hosting the game?

Edited by irishmufc - 04 Aug 2021 at 5:38pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 6:28pm
Well uefa made a blanket ban on @uefa club qualifiers so anything is possible.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

On the Scots TAMB forum they got 1,000 away allocation from the Danish FA (they play same night as us) but it is subject to UEFA's approval. If UEFA don't approve the away allocation they get a refund on the ticket. 

Hopefully the Portuguese FA will provide us with an allocation should UEFA permit it. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 7:25pm
The price of flights is very reasonable. You'd think with the rules being relaxed that it would be high.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

The price of flights is very reasonable. You'd think with the rules being relaxed that it would be high.

It’s the day a lot of schools go back which might be a factor.
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 11:08am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

On the Scots TAMB forum they got 1,000 away allocation from the Danish FA (they play same night as us) but it is subject to UEFA's approval. If UEFA don't approve the away allocation they get a refund on the ticket. 

Hopefully the Portuguese FA will provide us with an allocation should UEFA permit it. 
Uefa are allowing Villareal fans travel to the game in Belfast against Chelsea at 70% capacity. So there's the precedent.  Portugal hosted the champions League final on 29 May 2021 in The Estádio do Dragão in Porto16,500 fans attended, not to mind the one's that went here anyway with NO tickets.  Again, a precedent set by UEFA and allowed by the Portuguese FA. Even if the stadium in Faro had it's capacity reduced to 70%, that would leave just over 21k tickets available. 5% of that roughly gives us 1,060 tickets. this is rough estimates, but even 800 like we got in Gibraltar would be something.
FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 11:24am
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

Uefa are allowing Villareal fans travel to the game in Belfast against Chelsea at 70% capacity. So there's the precedent.  Portugal hosted the champions League final on 29 May 2021 in The Estádio do Drag�£o in Porto16,500 fans attended, not to mind the one's that went here anyway with NO tickets.  Again, a precedent set by UEFA and allowed by the Portuguese FA. Even if the stadium in Faro had it's capacity reduced to 70%, that would leave just over 21k tickets available. 5% of that roughly gives us 1,060 tickets. this is rough estimates, but even 800 like we got in Gibraltar would be something.

A final is different in fairness.

No away fans at UEFA club games until next year at the earliest.  I know our club fans who travelled this summer have had different experiences.  Rovers fans locked out in Bratislava but Dundalk and Bohs fans did get in home ends.  

Scotland have got an allocation for Denmrk subject to UEFA approval.  

At bst UEFA will leave it to the discretion of the national football associations.  

baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 11:31am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Uefa are allowing Villareal fans travel to the game in Belfast against Chelsea at 70% capacity. So there's the precedent.  Portugal hosted the champions League final on 29 May 2021 in The Estádio do Drag�£o in Porto16,500 fans attended, not to mind the one's that went here anyway with NO tickets.  Again, a precedent set by UEFA and allowed by the Portuguese FA. Even if the stadium in Faro had it's capacity reduced to 70%, that would leave just over 21k tickets available. 5% of that roughly gives us 1,060 tickets. this is rough estimates, but even 800 like we got in Gibraltar would be something.

No away fans at UEFA club games until next year at the earliest.  I know our club fans who travelled this summer have had different experiences.  Rovers fans locked out in Bratislava but Dundalk and Bohs fans did get in home ends.  

At bst UEFA will leave it to the discretion of the national football associations.  

A final is different in fairness. - they moved the UEFA games from Dublin to Russia to allow fans !

At best UEFA will leave it to the discretion of the national football associations. - Portugal moved their home games in this campaign to Faro/Algarve to encourage people to travel there and take holidays - which we are doing. I think they may show us some courtesy by granting us some allocation for our effort & costs of getting there.Wink
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 6:09pm
Are Abbey Travel around still? They seems to get a good few tickets.
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 1:42pm

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

A final is different in fairness. - they moved the UEFA games from Dublin to Russia to allow fans !

At best UEFA will leave it to the discretion of the national football associations. - Portugal moved their home games in this campaign to Faro/Algarve to encourage people to travel there and take holidays - which we are doing. I think they may show us some courtesy by granting us some allocation for our effort & costs of getting there.Wink

Still no white smoke from Portugal. Spoke to a lad on holidays there and the locals haven't heard anything either. They expect away fans. We'll see. Be nice to know soon, as people have flights, accommodation booked so cancelations can be done without penalty if needs be. Fingers x'd we get the go ahead.Hug
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 3:15pm
Looks like we will be given tickets subject to UEFA approval.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 07 Aug 2021 at 3:42pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 3:40pm
just a question lads I went to check in on Ryanair but it won’t allow me to upload my passenger locator form saying that I’ve to upload it upto four days before my flight ??
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 5:22pm

That official Kev? out of curiosty, where did that come from

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 5:27pm
story in the star which came from lads checking posts on here!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 5:28pm

That official Kev? out of curiosty, where did that come from

No its not. Lennon pulled a figure out of his arse saying up to 1000 fans waiting on news. Some lads took that as were getting 1000 tickets. A nothing piece.

Edited by Sham157 - 07 Aug 2021 at 5:28pm
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

just a question lads I went to check in on Ryanair but it won’t allow me to upload my passenger locator form saying that I’ve to upload it upto four days before my flight ??

Has to be filled in that timescale as it asks you about covid symptoms, which could obviously change in that time period.

Handy enough, you can add your docs onto the boarding pass at anytime.
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Has to be filled in that timescale as it asks you about covid symptoms, which could obviously change in that time period.

Handy enough, you can add your docs onto the boarding pass at anytime.
I assume Aerlingus is doing the same?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 35>
  Share Topic