You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 35>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 3:02pm
pulled the pin on this. heading to dublin for the two home games instead. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sponsored Links

Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

pulled the pin on this. heading to dublin for the two home games instead. 

Have to Aug 14 to cancel accommodation for free, so will hang on till then, but I'd say I'll be doing same. Ah well, Luxembourg it is then (hopefully).
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 4:29pm
Honestly seems that this trip is just becoming too much of a ball ache to do. Disappointing.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Kev87 Kev87 wrote:

Am I right in saying the randox "amber kit" at £84 covers pre test day 2 test when your home and day 8 test when your home (but no longer need)
But that we would also need to arrange and pay for a seperate test over there prior to flying home? 
Would take the above on the chin but the test over there just sounds like hassle wouldn't know where to start arranging that 

AFAIK you need
a test 2 -3 dayss before you leave UK
a test 2-3 dys before you leave Portugal
a test 2 days after you land in UK
the guts of £250

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Honestly seems that this trip is just becoming too much of a ball ache to do. Disappointing.

YOU just need your EU covid passport D69 AFAK
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 6:45pm
the problem is for northern and Uk based supporters. Irish covid passport or proof that you’ve had covid is all that’s needed if your traveling from Ireland.

Edited by gufct - 02 Aug 2021 at 6:58pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 8:23pm
Ah, cheers lads. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Kev87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 8:55pm
Cheers, seems wild expensive at the minute. Seen that randox pre and day 2pack with discount coming in at £84 but you've to get it back to them and wait on results could be tight enough seeing as it's to be 72hours pre flight. 
Lad came back to me there ref getting test in Portugal u can book on randox site to do it in Portugal £60 and drop in at various points wherever suits where your staying. Checked their site today keeps crashing. 
Giving it a week or two here to see if anything changes or tests seem easier 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

the problem is for northern and Uk based supporters. Irish covid passport or proof that you’ve had covid is all that’s needed if your traveling from Ireland.
And God knows how long it will be before Irish passport holders in the '6' will be able to get the EU Vaccine cert.  

So with all the hassle and hefty cost of testing etc and the low likelihood of getting a ticket, it looks like I'm out of this trip. Cry
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 10:09pm
Have the EU Vaccine Passport Thumbs Up
But I'm now back in England Thumbs Down

Am thinking the same as others that this might be to hard to do if nothing changes. 
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Am thinking the same as others that this might be to hard to do if nothing changes. 

A few months ago we were joking that people in the Republic would have to fly to Portugal from Belfast... But now people based in the UK might have to fly to Portugal from the Republic!
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 7:55am
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

A few months ago we were joking that people in the Republic would have to fly to Portugal from Belfast... But now people based in the UK might have to fly to Portugal from the Republic!

Yeah it’s a strange one especially Portugal not accepting nhs equivalence to EU passport cert - it could only be the variant aspect but who knows 

Will check my room cancellation policy and leave it as late as I can but inclined to cancel 

Edited by Newryrep - 03 Aug 2021 at 7:56am
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Yeah it’s a strange one especially Portugal not accepting nhs equivalence to EU passport cert - it could only be the variant aspect but who knows 

Will check my room cancellation policy and leave it as late as I can but inclined to cancel 

If you're flying to Portugal with a UK or NI Covid Cert you only need the following:
All travellers to mainland Portugal (aged 12 or older) are required to show a negative Covid-19 test:
- RT-PCR taken within 72 hours of departure or
- Lateral flow test taken 48 hours prior to departure

If you're flying to Portugal with an EU Cert irrespective of where you're travelling from your covered.

So worst case scenario for those vaccinated in UK/NI/ROI is a lateral flow test. You can collect these for free in England if needed.

Biggest concern for trip is away fan tickets.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 9:28am
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

If you're flying to Portugal with a UK or NI Covid Cert you only need the following:
All travellers to mainland Portugal (aged 12 or older) are required to show a negative Covid-19 test:

If you're flying to Portugal with an EU Cert irrespective of where you're travelling from your covered.

So worst case scenario for those vaccinated in UK/NI/ROI is a lateral flow test. You can collect these for free in England if needed.

What you are posting is misleading and incorrect  

If you haven’t an Eu cert you need at least 3 tests and they are not free 

Edited by Newryrep - 03 Aug 2021 at 9:30am
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 12:05pm

What you are posting is misleading and incorrect  

If you haven’t an Eu cert you need at least 3 tests and they are not free 

Please see my source below:

What source are you publishing?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 12:46pm

That's fine are you  planning on staying in Portugal as  if you intend to return at any stage you need to follow DFA ( Ireland) or Foreign Office ( UK) advice and the UK advice is PCR test before you leave Portugal and PCR test 2 days after you land back in UK

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 4:34pm
We won't have a decent away qualifier we can go to in big numbers until after March 2023 when the qualifiers start for the euros. 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 5:41pm

That's fine are you  planning on staying in Portugal as  if you intend to return at any stage you need to follow DFA ( Ireland) or Foreign Office ( UK) advice and the UK advice is PCR test before you leave Portugal and PCR test 2 days after you land back in UK

Coming into the UK is also an antigen test (or pcr) before departure from the destination country.
  • an antigen test, such as a test from a lateral flow device
As I said earlier in the thread, I have been back and forth to Spain over the last 6 weeks. The last time out in the clinic getting the test before coming home, 5 Danish lads all got postive and were just walking about the place asking where do they go, waving their red cert about. Whole clinic nearly emptied in panic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 35>
  Share Topic