You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 35>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

Any hints of an update? 

Portugal had 2650 new cases yesterday with the Algarve being one of the worst hit. There's a night time curfew too. Slim chance
Danger here, OH NO
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 4:00pm
Albuifera is one of the areas in Portugal which has seen a massive surge in cases. Pubs and restaurants have to close at 10.30 pm weeknights and even earlier at the weekends.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Any hints of an update? 

Portugal had 2650 new cases yesterday with the Algarve being one of the worst hit. There's a night time curfew too. Slim chance

A lot can change in 6 weeks. 
The problem is there isn't much (and there won't be much) time left to agree/decide on away tickets. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 7:15pm
Would love to know one way or another. Disapprove

Hopefully we'll have an idea by the end of the month. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 8:13pm
'At this moment, it’s still not clear if the Portuguese authorities will allow spectators. They expect that a decision will be taken in early August'

odds have lengthened a bit would of been confident enough a few weeks ago  - see  what early Aug brings , will be going anyway just for the break
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Any hints of an update? 

A lot can change in 6 weeks. 
The problem is there isn't much (and there won't be much) time left to agree/decide on away tickets. 

There is still a strong chance UEFA will decide no away fans for any games.

Even if they do allow away fans I imagine they will leave it to the discretion of the home federation.

A lot can change but not looking good for an away allocation for Faro.  
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 9:44pm
Yah it is getting very tight for the possibility of an away allocation as the game is exactly just 7 weeks away to this day.

The good thing is given the high vaccination roll out is that we will still be able to travel to Portugal with the slim hope of potentially getting a ticket on general sale or home ticket. It's better than nothing.  
Kev87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 7:06pm
Lads just a heads up, booked flights this week for Monday 30th back Thursday 2nd sept Belfast to Faro return Ryanair £32.99 
Have booked accommodation in Faro itself very cheap and free cancellation should sh*t hit the fan and still the odd decent price in albufiera. 1st away for us, have booked as a surprise for my das 60th. Anyone booked already and if so where's everyone staying Faro or albufiera? 
Taking my chances with getting lucky on tickets out there any advice appreciated pints in the sun with the oul lad sounds good anyway
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Kev87 Kev87 wrote:

Lads just a heads up, booked flights this week for Monday 30th back Thursday 2nd sept Belfast to Faro return Ryanair £32.99 
Have booked accommodation in Faro itself very cheap and free cancellation should sh*t hit the fan and still the odd decent price in albufiera. 1st away for us, have booked as a surprise for my das 60th. Anyone booked already and if so where's everyone staying Faro or albufiera? 
Taking my chances with getting lucky on tickets out there any advice appreciated pints in the sun with the oul lad sounds good anyway

Albufeira would probably be the better spot to stay and it's on the beach whereas Faro is a small bit in from the coast (though you can seemingly get a ferry to Faro beach). There'll be a lot less Irish staying in Faro as opposed to Albufeira so if you want to avoid the crowd, stay in Faro. 

I brought my auld fella to Albufeira for his 70th for the Gibraltar game in 2015 but I don't think it'll be 4-0 this time to us. LOLWink. Enjoy Thumbs Up

Edited by irishmufc - 16 Jul 2021 at 5:14pm
ThrowInDelap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThrowInDelap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2021 at 11:36pm
Took some time off to buy a gaff etc..back at the Away games now. 
Has anything changed ? Business as usual about ticket panics etc..? Good to be back. 
If time's a drug, then Big Ben is a huge needle injecting it into the sky.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 9:41am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Kev87 Kev87 wrote:

Albufeira would probably be the better spot to stay and it's on the beach whereas Faro is a small bit in from the coast (though you can seemingly get a ferry to Faro beach). There'll be a lot less Irish staying in Faro as opposed to Albufeira so if you want to avoid the crowd, stay in Faro. 

I brought my auld fella to Albufeira for his 70th for the Gibraltar game in 2015 but I don't think it'll be 4-0 this time to us. LOLWink. Enjoy Thumbs Up

Yeah seems like everyone is basing themselves in Albufeira for this one! Vaccine got just there sitting here for the 15 minutes! Roll it on now! Only thing is for everyone to keep an eye out for the free cancellation policies on a lot of hotels on booking.com and other sites now, it is only until 30 days before arrival just incase anything changes!
Kev87 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 10:25am
Cheers will get the accommodation swapped to albufiera this weekend. Big lads like paddy lusty pint man better having a beach to keep him out of a var for a few hours haha. Cheers ref the booking.com cancellation seen majority are minimum 2weeks before for free cancellation. Got my second vaccine there on Wednesday evening as well hopefully this vaccine passport is sorted in the north by then should be grand.
#ybig Big smile

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 12:54pm
Just keep an eye on curfews lads, they vary by district 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 2:11pm
Free cancellation was running out on the apartment so canceled it there this morning.

If we get to go then great, will book something else but at the moment just can't see it 

Edited by wanderer - 17 Jul 2021 at 2:12pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 12:02pm
Flights out and back are decent from here in the West now as for staying somewhere again not too bad , but have changed plan as not going to book anywhere until a week out before the game if we do get to go to the game that is .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 9:14pm
https://www.rsvplive.ie/life/irish-pub-owner-portugal-shares-24563071

varies from districts alright. As for accommodation, I'll wait to see if we get tickets from the Portuguese FA before booking anything. @NewryREP where was this posted 'At this moment, it’s still not clear if the Portuguese authorities will allow spectators. They expect that a decision will be taken in early August'.  I was onto some lads in Alvor and they hadn't heard that.. just curious.

FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 9:27pm
I took a chance and booked flights last month,165 euro Cork to Faro return with Ryanair.Still going to go if no away fans left in, just have to wait and see.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2021 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by baresi41 baresi41 wrote:

https://www.rsvplive.ie/life/irish-pub-owner-portugal-shares-24563071

varies from districts alright. As for accommodation, I'll wait to see if we get tickets from the Portuguese FA before booking anything. @NewryREP where was this posted 'At this moment, it’s still not clear if the Portuguese authorities will allow spectators. They expect that a decision will be taken in early August'.  I was onto some lads in Alvor and they hadn't heard that.. just curious.

you know what curiosity did  ? Smile

an impeccable source  Thumbs Up
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 35>
  Share Topic