You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Portugal Away, 1st September 2021- Travel & Accom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 35>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 11:41am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Had a hunch it would be Faro simply because it's well out the way, less densely populated was the logic behind it.

UK based fans can get there without any problems as there's currently a travel corridor between the 2 countries.
It's safe to say The Common Travel Area will be the first flights out of Ireland allowed so can always stop off at a UK airport if there's a foreign travel ban still in place by then.

3 tests apparently required. One before you go. One before you leave Portugal and one two days after you return to the UK. hopefully if you're fully vaccinated by then these will be lifted.
Sponsored Links

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 11:55am
From what I heard tests are required even if vaccinated. £170 a pop.
A couple I know who are both vaccinated are coming to Ireland from Manchester and require a Covid test before travelling at a cost of £170!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

A couple I know who are both vaccinated are coming to Ireland from Manchester and require a Covid test before travelling at a cost of £170!
Hope ta fook that's gonna be a temporary move to have been lifted by then. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

It'll all change with the EU green pass over the summer.

newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 12:47pm
Faro!

Everyone down to Pipers, then.  That back street Irish bar where the late Tommy Feely threw a 60th birthday drinks party the night before the Gibraltar match and was absolutely packed out for the Dublin v Mayo All Ireland semi the day after. 

Edited by newrynyuk - 19 May 2021 at 2:09pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 1:39pm
Booked Shannon to Faro return for 130, Where will most fans base? Albufeira?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Will probably take a look at Albufeira and see what's available with free cancelation 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 2:10pm

On the last trip people seemed to split themselves between Albufeira and Faro, with more staying in Albuferia. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

have flights to faro booked ( just because of cost/availability) with the intention of getting the train . Been to Lisbon and Porto both lovely but hoping for Lisbon as it’s closer 

If they hope to bring European champions you would think they would choose the biggest stadium following it 

Cool
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 2:51pm
I'm gonna wait till i'm vaxxed before booking anything. Not worth the hassle with work trying to leave the country if i'm not.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

I'm gonna wait till i'm vaxxed before booking anything. Not worth the hassle with work trying to leave the country if i'm not.
Tbf they are taking registrations for vaccines for people in their 40's now surely all adults will be vacinated by September.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Tbf they are taking registrations for vaccines for people in their 40's now surely all adults will be vacinated by September.

Do you not have a 12 week turnaround between first and second vaccine?
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I'm hoping to be offered the 1 go J&J vaccine.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 3:14pm

Correct it's something like 12-16 weeks with the AZ Vaccine. Pfizer is 4 weeks as is Moderna I think. J+J is one jab
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 3:14pm

Only for AZ.  Not for the Pfizer or Moderna. 4 weeks for Pfizer
AKA pedantic kunt
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

On the last trip people seemed to split themselves between Albufeira and Faro, with more staying in Albuferia. 
Had flight booked into Lisbon from the day of the draw. Will spend 2 nights there and down to Albufeira for 5 then.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 4:03pm
7 of us booked.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 4:31pm
Only went and booked flights to Lisbon yesterday but was able to change them for free for Belfast to Faro. Landing on the Monday. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 35>
  Share Topic