You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2022 World Cup Qualifiers Group A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 52>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Is McCarthy injured?
No he's managing Cardiff... 
Sponsored Links

flaghunter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 3:15pm
I see it goes to goal difference if level on points rather than head to head - makes us even less likely to finish in the top 2 IMO.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Unpopular opinion but at some point we will all love Ronan Curtis. I’m sure he’s going to either score an important goal or kick Ronaldo up the hole

I don't think Curtis did that bad in the NL tbh. He was very unlucky with his header in Finland and as inexcusable as his miss was against Bulgaria, he looks like he's getting into the right positions at least. It wouldn't surprise me to see him get on the scoresheet in one of the Azerbaijan matches. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 7:53pm

first set of projections from one of the twitter accounts that tracks this sort of thing

average of 11 points for us across their multiple simulations and a solid non qualifier

we really need to start taking the Nations League more serious if it's going to consistently provide a playoff safety net, looking at this table
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 8:35pm
You know things are bad with the national team when none of the blind optimists that normally pop up on here in the build up to a qualifier have mentioned "I fancy us to win 2-1, [insert team here] are no great shakes" 

Edited by irishmufc - 23 Mar 2021 at 8:36pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 8:42pm
I kind of fancy us to sneak this 2-1, Serbia are no great shakes,
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 10:01pm
1-0. Don’t know how we will score or who will score but sure look if we don’t have hope we’ll have nothing.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

1-0. Don’t know how we will score or who will score but sure look if we don’t have hope we’ll have nothing.

That's the spirit. I hope we only lose 1-0 too.

Wink 
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 10:15pm
I'd take a draw in a heartbeat for this one.
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

I'd take a draw in a heartbeat for this one.
f**k off. 3 points in the bag.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 10:23pm
Didn't realize Serbia had 3 group games in this international window. Home to Ireland & Portugal and then away to Azerbaijan which isn't ideal.

I don't think we'd get anything other than 4 points from those opening three fixtures if the roles were reversed. For us to have any hope we can't afford Serbia getting anything more than 4 points from those three games, then we'll already be on the back foot. 

I think they'll get a result against Portugal which'll probably be a draw.

Edited by irishmufc - 23 Mar 2021 at 10:26pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

There is nothing like the excitement on the day of the Match. 
We’ve been dreaming all night of the goals we are going to score. 
C’mon IRELAND:  1-0 with our Hendrick scoring a cracker.

The day and life of an Irish fan:

2 weeks before the match: We have no goal scorers, nobody in midfield who can pass the ball and all our defenders are crap.

Day of the match: I’d say we’ll win 1-0 or maybe 2-1.

After 5 mins in: Ah book, we are rubbish 

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:02am
if you aren’t excited about the start of a campaign then there is something wrong with you 

Cmon Ireland 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

if you aren’t excited about the start of a campaign then there is something wrong with you 

Cmon Ireland 
I am painfully aware that there's something wrong with most football fans, but if you're excited by this campaign I would suggest seeking advice.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:07am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Cmon Ireland 
I am painfully aware that there's something wrong with most football fans, but if you're excited by this campaign I would suggest seeking advice.

I just rang them up and they said as it was non urgent it would have to wait until after the pandemic. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:08am

Cmon Ireland 

Cmon PM don’t be a moany git .......
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:12am

Cmon Ireland 

Cmon PM don’t be a moany git .......
Hi Pot, this is Kettle here. I'm not being 'moany' here at all, but I would say that genuine excitement about this is unlikely. I would say any excitement would have to be  forced, but if it is genuine I wouldn't let it go unresolved. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:15am
Yep all set , didn't sleep well last night i must say .

Time for talking is over , it's time to deliver .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 52>
  Share Topic