You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2022 World Cup Qualifiers Group A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 52>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

All in all, another tragic weekend of football for irish players.

Parrott, brady, hogan, manning, knight, horgan, Shane Long all getting game time but knight the only.one of them to complete 90mins (but was on the losing team)

idah, molumby getting token minutes to see out the game or not even get that. 

Lenihan and hourihane the only.2 players to play 90.mins and be on the winning team for the championship upwards.

Hourihane may have been on the winning team but he was anonymous again. Games passing him by just happen far too often for it not be a huge concern. 

It really is amazing that there's literally no good news story surrounding any Irish player.

The only positivity surrounds McGeady but the politics of him coming back in is something Kenny needs to consider first. 
What are the politics? Just his age? For me he's a banker to get the squad anyway he has experience in squads as well which could be crucial 
Sponsored Links

AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 6:22pm
I just feel really sorry for Stephen Kenny. I think you can argue this is the worst Irish squad ever and he has to manage all his previous games in empty stadiums during a global pandemic. Every international break he’s had constant disruptions to his squad as well. Look he may not be good enough but he’s had a ridiculously hard start and I worry that if we lose heavy against Serbia then he could be gone. This is his dream job and imagine if he doesn’t get at least one game at home with fans in the stadium. 
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 8:27pm
Yeah we are f**ked. 3 years in the doldrums and I don't see an end in sight. 
Some of our great white hopes are looking like they are bang average.

Edited by t_rAndy - 06 Mar 2021 at 8:28pm
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Yeah we are f**ked. 3 years in the doldrums and I don't see an end in sight. 
Some of our great white hopes are looking like they are bang average.

We really are fooked. Unless Kenny is going to conjur up some alchemy from the players available or he somehow makes them far more than the sum of their parts... 

Not one player from our first 11 is performing at a standard to give you any hope. Truly amazing. 
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 9:49pm
At least we can't get much worse, this must be rock bottom. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 9:51pm
In terms of forward players I would say the below are what's available to us in order of best to erm... least best.

I think its fair to say a lot rests on connollys shoulders 

1. Connolly
2. Robinson 
3. Collins
4. Hogan 
5. Maguire 
6. Scully
7. Parrott
8. Idah
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 9:54pm

In terms of forward players I would say the below are what's available to us in order of best to erm... least best.

1. Connolly
2. Robinson 
3. Collins
4. Hogan 
5. Maguire 
6. Scully
7. Parrott
8. Idah
Long?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 10:09pm

1. Connolly
2. Robinson 
3. Collins
4. Hogan 
5. Maguire 
6. Scully
7. Parrott
8. Idah

I said it aong time ago, we will never be able to rely on connolly.  I do think he plays if fit but its going to be a situation of him showing up 50% of the time. 

Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 10:17pm

1. Connolly
2. Robinson 
3. Collins
4. Hogan 
5. Maguire 
6. Scully
7. Parrott
8. Idah

I’d have Shane Long ahead of a lot of them 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 11:19pm
This thread can be summed up  in the words of Bill Murray in Ghostbusters - MASS HYSTERIA.

Look at the recent succes of the orange state north of the border, Iceland, Finland etc...international football isn't elite. While we've a poor team, we've enough decent players to get results 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 11:56pm
Conmebol qualifiers postponed as a result of the restrictions. Be interesting to see if something similar happens with UEFA 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 4:40am
thats just because clubs said they wouldn't release players, Brazil are on most countries red list
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 7:32am
Will the games go ahead is a very big question , my gut feeling that most will .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 9:18am
My Depth Chart that's fit for Serbia

LW:
1) Connolly
2) Robinson
3) Mcgeady
4) Horgan 

ST:
1) Connolly
2) Long
3) Robinson
4) Collins
5) Hogan
6) Idah
7) Parrott

RW:
1) Robinson
2) Brady
3) Mcgeady 
4) Horgan 

I might be missing a few
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 9:58am
The European games will go ahead, as mirrored by the switch of country/venue currently being utilised in European club football.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:35am
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

My Depth Chart that's fit for Serbia

LW:
1) Connolly
2) Robinson
3) Mcgeady
4) Horgan 

ST:
1) Connolly
2) Long
3) Robinson
4) Collins
5) Hogan
6) Idah
7) Parrott

RW:
1) Robinson
2) Brady
3) Mcgeady 
4) Horgan 

I might be missing a few
I have little knowledge of Serbia, but if they don't batter us they should be ashamed.
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:46am
Jamie Mcgrath might have a chance of making the squad. 10 goals for St mirren this season and kenny knows him well from time at Dundalk
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 1:03pm
I see Portugal have moved their game against Azerbaijan to Turin
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 52>
  Share Topic