Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELAND VS WALES - October 11th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 35363738>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:57am
I've not seen or heard anyone looking for Mick to come back.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:08am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I've not seen or heard anyone looking for Mick to come back.

Mick himself on commentaryLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 1:37pm
Not sure what line up we will have tonight or Finland for that matter .

Love to see us score from open play .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Fully convinced the naysayers didn't watch any of the games in the latter part of MO'N's and all of Mick's reign. If they had, there is no way they could forgot how poor performances were and how unprepared the teams were.

PM has said it previously and he's spot on. Mick's 2nd reign was a complete waste of time and money, and we would definitely be in a more positive position now if Kenny had the opportunity to work with the players for the last 18 months.

I don't think many posters have an issue with the style of play, I think most of them have an issue with Kenny and his suitability for the job. Some of them are still pining for Mick, to come back for the third time to complete his "unfinished business". I notice that the post match inquest on TV after the  Slovakia game wasn't the usual Oscar speeches about ten year plans, but whether Kenny is up to it or not, because we lost a penalty shoot out. 

You'll get a few hoofball heads like Roddy Collins going ballistic over not getting 3 points, but I think most of us recognise that we've qualified for 2 tournaments in 20 years, and the traditional "put em under pressure" tactics we've revelled in for the past 35 years no longer work, and we need to rebuild the team and how the team plays. That was never going to be Mick, it's not going to be the likes of Allardyce either. It needs someone with the time and the will and the energy to do a radical reform of the side and it needs the fans to have the patience to put up with it, and be prepared to write off a campaign or two, in order to be competitive again. It's not about the next campaign, it's about where we want to be in 4-6-10 years time. Every country has to do it at some point, if they want to be successful. 

The game was everything I expected it to be. It was never going to be a classic. They had no interest in scoring and we can't score at all. Then McClean launched into one of his traditional challenges and became the first player to be dismissed at home since 2011. He can go back to Stoke and fight his one man war against poppy wearing for the next month. 
In his absence we're off to Finland, to face a country whose level of progress and achievement, are the model we have to look to during the long rebuilding phase to come. 

LOL

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:40pm
Brian Kerr not overly complimentary about the performance against Wales.  He's as bitter as a lemon that lad.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Brian Kerr not overly complimentary about the performance against Wales.  He's as bitter as a lemon that lad.

Kerr seems to have that chip on his shoulder alright. 

For all the criticism of McCarthy commentating and I don't think he should be either on his successor, I think he's been generally supportive enough and is probably mindful of that fact tbh. It's better though if he doesn't commentate on the Ireland games while Kenny is in charge.
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:18pm
No issue with Mick , he has more love and passion to this country than many born and bread Irish people at times . 
Good luck to him I say . 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

No issue with Mick , he has more love and passion to this country than many born and bread Irish people at times . 
Good luck to him I say . 
Nonsense! He was only out to earn a crust.

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Good luck to him I say . 

He was only in it for the dough
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:05pm

Good luck to him I say . 

The poison for an Irish hero like Mick From fans is really unedifying. I dunno, I get down looking at the absolute poison aimed at the likes of Mick and Roy Keane from balloon heads.

Seems like for Irish fans you’re a hero if you’re doing it on the pitch or if you’re useful in some way. But once you aren’t, the mob Will take their pound of flesh.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

Good luck to him I say . 

The poison for an Irish hero like Mick From fans is really unedifying. I dunno, I get down looking at the absolute poison aimed at the likes of Mick and Roy Keane from balloon heads.

Seems like for Irish fans you’re a hero if you’re doing it on the pitch or if you’re useful in some way. But once you aren’t, the mob Will take their pound of flesh.
And make a sandwich. 
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:49pm
There’s an unholy obsession with bread puns on ybig , the Mark Bunn thread (remember him ?) was the pinnacle of bread puns 

Edited by Rodneytrotter - 13 Oct 2020 at 10:50pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:55pm

Good luck to him I say . 

You might be touching on a false equivalency there as I think Roy Keane is defended by more balloon heads than the ones defending Mick Wink  Mick had total commitment both as a player and a manager to our national side. Keane simply didn't have that commitment irrespective of what your views of who was right or wrong about Saipan or anything else. There is justifiably more disdain among Irish supporters generally speaking  towards Keane rather than Mick when it comes to our national side imo. (Mick's current role commentating on the Ireland games isn't doing him much favours mind LOL)

Your second point about a player not doing it on the pitch anymore and the mob taking its pound of flesh is moot. This would apply in any case with any fanbase.  Irish fans are no more fickle than any other set of fans in that regard. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:55pm

Edited by pre Madonna - 13 Oct 2020 at 10:56pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:56pm

There’s an unholy obsession with bread puns on ybig , the Mark Bunn thread (remember him ?) was the pinnacle of bread puns 

You raised the subject.
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Good luck to him I say . 

You might be touching on a false equivalency there as I think Roy Keane is defended by more balloon heads than the ones defending Mick Wink  Mick had total commitment both as a player and a manager to our national side. Keane simply didn't have that commitment irrespective of what your views of who was right or wrong about Saipan or anything else. There is justifiably more disdain among Irish supporters generally speaking  towards Keane rather than Mick when it comes to our national side imo. (Mick's current role commentating on the Ireland games isn't doing him much favours mind LOL)

Your second point about a player not doing it on the pitch anymore and the mob taking its pound of flesh is moot. This would apply in any case with any fanbase.  Irish fans are no more fickle than any other set of fans in that regard. 

Roy Keane dragged ireland to a World Cup. That’s the bottom line. 

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:00pm

It’s our Holy Communion 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 11:08pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Good luck to him I say . 

Roy Keane dragged ireland to a World Cup. That’s the bottom line. 

There's no doubt we wouldn't have qualified without Roy Keane.  Does that justify his lack of commitment when it came to showing up for international duty? 

Would you afford the same leniency on his namesake Robbie Keane who always showed up to play for his country? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 35363738>
  Share Topic