Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELAND VS WALES - October 11th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Maybe a mix of Tippy Tappy and hoofball would keep us all happy ?

The idea of playing Tippy Tappy around the back 4 when in injury time when we need to score  is lost on me .

Are you being thick on purpose?

If we are 1-0 down in injury time of course we are going to play the long ball with Duffy up front.

Claret Murph spends more time talking about another posters cock and sex life than debating about football.

This is also the man who glorifies Burnley's brand, would take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Come on GD there was a time on here when you posted about loads of non football stuff.   

Plenty of reasons for for debating with Murph but a bit of gentle sl*gging is no harm.  

Poor old GD gets upset when when people like myself who know nothing about football and dares to say Tippy Tappy on a public forum . Better get my UEFA badges so i get get myself off the America for a coaching job i must say .
Hummm modern posters hummm what is the world coming to . LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Ooooooh goodness, point proven that you're incapable of talking sense or anything that remotely resembles football re the points at hand.

As for your modern posters "jibe, I've been posting here nearly as long as you....

Edited by Green Devil - 12 Oct 2020 at 2:59pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 7:11pm

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Some Mind numbing negativity on this forum. Guys saying SK should get the next campaign at least !!! Ffs . What an absolute load of bollocks statement that is. As someone that would be much more qualified to comment than some of dross comments on here Dave Edwards the former Wales player was really really impressed with the difference and quality of how Ireland looked to him today compared to what we’ve served up in the last few years . I normally like Mick McCarthy but him and Danny Gabbidon were chronic summarisers today 

Agreed I would give Kenny certainly until the 2024 Euros campaign myself and the best compliment I can pay him is you don’t here anyone saying “We don’t have the players to pass the ball” the last few days and the convo has moved from we can’t pass it 2 yards to we can’t score now.

I’m fully in agreement he’s done well a lot better then the results are indicating I’m just gutted for him he hasn’t had a bit of luck you need it in management. 

No good to the fickle idiots especially Irish people who I’m convinced have the attention span/memory of a baboon and I was just being realistic above when I said the reality is if that shower of sh*thouses  had scored one of the 5 sitters they missed in those last 2 games the naysayers would be a lot quieter. 

I hope for his sake a good portion of Brady Hendrick McClean Christie McCarthy and Stevens who was better this time then the September games but still poor and giving the ball away too much are binned and the likes of O’Shea Knight Obafemi Smallbone Cullen Connolly Idah are all brought in over the next 12 months. All fresh Young lads showing promise and playing at least as high a level and in better form as a collective.

If he doesn’t bin them I don’t think hel last 2 years as they will leave him down.

This isn't football manager, if you think any manager will - quote "bin" above players with all their experience and the level their club sides operate at you're in for a surprise.

You simply cannot just start fielding 5 or 6 extremely young, raw and inexperienced young players in competitive football at international all at once. 

A gradual weening out process will/needs to take place, i.e. phasing certain players out but not all at once. There has to be a transition and some level of continuity. 

Egan Duffy Doherty Coleman Randolph Hourihane McCarthy Stevens Mcgoldrickthere would be plenty continuity although I do understand what your saying. 
I would say look at Wales Rodon Morrell Cabango Williams Smith etc the first 4 of them playing in the championship and Williams only playing cup games for Liverpool yet Wales bring them in early get them familar and if you look at Wales 25 man squads it’s packed with young talent on top of the 8-10 core senior players they have Ampadu Wilson countless others too.

Kenny has made more effort in a month to start that then any manager has in about 10 years for us but even still McClean in at Obafemis expense even the likes of Arter Christie and Williams when you have Knight Smallbone Obafemi O’Shea Manning and Cullen playing at least the same level if not higher than McClean Christie and Derrick Williams for us. The imprortant part of that is the younger ladshave a far higher ceiling potentially and are on the up. 
It shouldn’t have taken a complete gutting of the squad to finally bring O’Shea into it this time for a stand out example even though Kenny might give the U21 game as a reason for that who knows. 

McClean and Christie in at O’Shea and Obafemis expense is the equivalent of Wales having Ashley Williams Tom Lockyer instead of Rodon and Cabango or Joe Ledley in at Ampadu or Joe Morrells expense for complete context.  

Edited by kevin100 - 12 Oct 2020 at 7:12pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 7:47pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Maybe a mix of Tippy Tappy and hoofball would keep us all happy ?

The idea of playing Tippy Tappy around the back 4 when in injury time when we need to score  is lost on me .

Are you being thick on purpose?

If we are 1-0 down in injury time of course we are going to play the long ball with Duffy up front.

Claret Murph spends more time talking about another posters cock and sex life than debating about football.

This is also the man who glorifies Burnley's brand, would take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Come on GD there was a time on here when you posted about loads of non football stuff.   

Plenty of reasons for for debating with Murph but a bit of gentle sl*gging is no harm.  

Poor old GD gets upset when when people like myself who know nothing about football and dares to say Tippy Tappy on a public forum . Better get my UEFA badges so i get get myself off the America for a coaching job i must say .
Hummm modern posters hummm what is the world coming to . LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Ooooooh goodness, point proven that you're incapable of talking sense or anything that remotely resembles football re the points at hand.

As for your modern posters "jibe, I've been posting here nearly as long as you....

Well that was very under hand i must say , poor show from an UEFA badge person like yourself .
Shocked
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 7:52pm
My coaching qualifications or badges etc have absolutely nothing got to do with the points at hand, again you've proven yourself incapable of being able to debate.

Anyhow, swiftly moving on.......
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 8:05pm

Some Mind numbing negativity on this forum. Guys saying SK should get the next campaign at least !!! Ffs . What an absolute load of bollocks statement that is. As someone that would be much more qualified to comment than some of dross comments on here Dave Edwards the former Wales player was really really impressed with the difference and quality of how Ireland looked to him today compared to what we’ve served up in the last few years . I normally like Mick McCarthy but him and Danny Gabbidon were chronic summarisers today 

Agreed I would give Kenny certainly until the 2024 Euros campaign myself and the best compliment I can pay him is you don’t here anyone saying “We don’t have the players to pass the ball” the last few days and the convo has moved from we can’t pass it 2 yards to we can’t score now.

I’m fully in agreement he’s done well a lot better then the results are indicating I’m just gutted for him he hasn’t had a bit of luck you need it in management. 

No good to the fickle idiots especially Irish people who I’m convinced have the attention span/memory of a baboon and I was just being realistic above when I said the reality is if that shower of sh*thouses  had scored one of the 5 sitters they missed in those last 2 games the naysayers would be a lot quieter. 

I hope for his sake a good portion of Brady Hendrick McClean Christie McCarthy and Stevens who was better this time then the September games but still poor and giving the ball away too much are binned and the likes of O’Shea Knight Obafemi Smallbone Cullen Connolly Idah are all brought in over the next 12 months. All fresh Young lads showing promise and playing at least as high a level and in better form as a collective.

If he doesn’t bin them I don’t think hel last 2 years as they will leave him down.

This isn't football manager, if you think any manager will - quote "bin" above players with all their experience and the level their club sides operate at you're in for a surprise.

You simply cannot just start fielding 5 or 6 extremely young, raw and inexperienced young players in competitive football at international all at once. 

A gradual weening out process will/needs to take place, i.e. phasing certain players out but not all at once. There has to be a transition and some level of continuity. 

Egan Duffy Doherty Coleman Randolph Hourihane McCarthy Stevens Mcgoldrickthere would be plenty continuity although I do understand what your saying. 
I would say look at Wales Rodon Morrell Cabango Williams Smith etc the first 4 of them playing in the championship and Williams only playing cup games for Liverpool yet Wales bring them in early get them familar and if you look at Wales 25 man squads it’s packed with young talent on top of the 8-10 core senior players they have Ampadu Wilson countless others too.

Kenny has made more effort in a month to start that then any manager has in about 10 years for us but even still McClean in at Obafemis expense even the likes of Arter Christie and Williams when you have Knight Smallbone Obafemi O’Shea Manning and Cullen playing at least the same level if not higher than McClean Christie and Derrick Williams for us. The imprortant part of that is the younger ladshave a far higher ceiling potentially and are on the up. 
It shouldn’t have taken a complete gutting of the squad to finally bring O’Shea into it this time for a stand out example even though Kenny might give the U21 game as a reason for that who knows. 

McClean and Christie in at O’Shea and Obafemis expense is the equivalent of Wales having Ashley Williams Tom Lockyer instead of Rodon and Cabango or Joe Ledley in at Ampadu or Joe Morrells expense for complete context.  

You mentioned McCarthy and Stevens about possibly being binned in one breath and then held them up as an example for continuity in the next?

Also, you need to realize our squad depth is only starting to get somewhat better/deeper and moving on 5/6+ senior professionals for younger players will still result in a massive hole in the squad for reinforcements.

We have absolutely no idea how ready O'Shea, Smallbone, Obafemi (on a consistent basis) , Knight etc are for international football. You only have to look at what was said about Molomby after the Finland game, we need to protect these young lads and not expect too much too soon.

The gradual phasing out of McClean, Shane Long etc should all happen soon but not all at once.

It is great to look into the future and be positive about what could be around the corner for Ireland if a lot of these young lads fulfil their potential!

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 8:05pm

My coaching qualifications or badges etc have absolutely nothing got to do with the points at hand, again you've proven yourself incapable of being able to debate.

You remind me of Muskie in the Wacky Races cartoon who always wanted a badge LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Do you wear them to bed LOLLOLLOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 9:11pm
LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 9:33pm

You remind me of Muskie in the Wacky Races cartoon who always wanted a badge LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Muskie? 

I don't know what's worse, that fact that you couldn't even get the characters name right (Muttley) or the amount of laughing emoticons in an unfunny and childish reply.

Anyhow for the second time, I can't be arsed derailing the thread further.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 9:41pm
Enough of the sh*te talk in the match thread lads.

Murph, put a sock in it. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 9:55pm

You mentioned McCarthy and Stevens about possibly being binned in one breath and then held them up as an example for continuity in the next?

Also, you need to realize our squad depth is only starting to get somewhat better/deeper and moving on 5/6+ senior professionals for younger players will still result in a massive hole in the squad for reinforcements.

We have absolutely no idea how ready O'Shea, Smallbone, Obafemi (on a consistent basis) , Knight etc are for international football. You only have to look at what was said about Molomby after the Finland game, we need to protect these young lads and not expect too much too soon.

The gradual phasing out of McClean, Shane Long etc should all happen soon but not all at once.

It is great to look into the future and be positive about what could be around the corner for Ireland if a lot of these young lads fulfil their potential!

Just to answer that apologies I did but Stevens and McCarthy would probably be the least of those evils mentioned above for me so yeah I’d have them in intially. 

Again I would point to Wales as a template similar country to us don’t exactly have oceans of depth and bring in their players early regardless of how “ready” they are look at their past 25 man squads or even this one youl see how well packed it is with young quality playing at a very similar level to what the young lads I mentioned above for us are playing at. You can be certain sure if the likes of Joe Rodon Cabango and Mepham and 36 year old Ashley Williams were Irish Ashley Williams would probably still be in our squad.

Yeah the reaction to Molumby against Finland was bizarre I thought he did okay in that game and was the best player on the park against Wales. Connolly got similar abuse for being wasteful which he was but again only 20 a young lad learning his trade.

How high their ceiling is I don’t know know one knows really let’s hope it is really high. To touch on Connolly I get Shane Long vibes about him even at this stage for all he’s an exciting attacking talent one we haven’t seen burst on the scene for years whilst I’d regard Knight and Nathan Collins as two I’d have huge hopes for that aren’t talked about as much as some yet. Who knows about any of them. 

Edited by kevin100 - 12 Oct 2020 at 9:58pm
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Christ what I'd do for a Robbie for the next 15 years. Surely one of Obafemi, Connolly, Idah, Parrott will become at least a 25-goal career type

We'll only know that for sure if they actually go out and score those 25 goals. I hope one of them does but they'd only be the second irish player in history to do it.
https://www.orourkeda.blog

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 10:01pm
In regard to Wales, they've had numerous young players at far more glamourous clubs than ours (many with dual nationality also) which makes them an easier pick.

It's easy justify capping top young talent when they're at Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Chelsea etc whereas prior to the last year or two we haven't had that sort of luxury and in truth Wales are a few years ahead of us in that regard.

Take a glance at their top prospects who aren't fully established and do the same with ours, you can see that the likes of Roberts, Matondo, Ampadu, Mepham, Rodon etc are all around the 20-22 mark whereas our crop are 18-20 and it makes a big difference.

We will get there though, I'm confident that the future is bright for Ireland! 

orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 10:05pm

Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

Portugal, spain, Italy, croatia,, germany, belgium, Netherlands, belgium, england, France. That’s ten teams with clearly better players than us. 

So we are fighting it out with the poles, Swiss, Swedes, Ukraine, Czechs, serbs, Finns, scots, welsh, Northern Irish, icelanders, Norwegians, Greeks, Slovaks, Turks etc etc and so in for three places and if we fail Kenny should automatically go.

Our fans are deluded.

Who said that if we don’t qualify for the WC Kenny should go ? 

We're not going to the world cup so that's neither here nor there.
https://www.orourkeda.blog

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by orourkeda orourkeda wrote:

[QUOTE=Dots1982]Portugal, spain, Italy, croatia,, germany, belgium, Netherlands, belgium, england, France. That’s ten teams with clearly better players than us. 

So we are fighting it out with the poles, Swiss, Swedes, Ukraine, Czechs, serbs, Finns, scots, welsh, Northern Irish, icelanders, Norwegians, Greeks, Slovaks, Turks etc etc and so in for three places and if we fail Kenny should automatically go.

Our fans are deluded.

Who said that if we don’t qualify for the WC Kenny should go ? 
[/QUOTE

We're not going to the world cup so that's neither here nor there.
What’s eating Gilbert grape?

Edited by King_Kenny - 12 Oct 2020 at 10:28pm
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 10:32pm

In regard to Wales, they've had numerous young players at far more glamourous clubs than ours (many with dual nationality also) which makes them an easier pick.

It's easy justify capping top young talent when they're at Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Chelsea etc whereas prior to the last year or two we haven't had that sort of luxury and in truth Wales are a few years ahead of us in that regard.

Take a glance at their top prospects who aren't fully established and do the same with ours, you can see that the likes of Roberts, Matondo, Ampadu, Mepham, Rodon etc are all around the 20-22 mark whereas our crop are 18-20 and it makes a big difference.

To be honest, from what I've seen very few of these Welsh boys that are playing for big clubs are going to make careers at those teams. Ampadu might make it at Chelsea, but I'd still have my reservations. You'd not be surpised to see Dan James leave United for more regular football. 

The two lads who started in midfield, Smith and Morrell have played a few games on loan at League 1 level. Molumby and Knight are miles ahead of those two with regular game time in the Championship.

Obafemi has scored a couple of Premier League goals, as has Connolly, has Roberts even played in the Premier League?

The Welsh squad looks good on paper because they've a lot players at big clubs, but how many of them will make it at those teams? Serious Jack Byrne / Conor Clifford vibes off a lot of them, and some of them are only in the squad to stop England from cappng them.

The likes of David Brooks and Chris Mepham are good young players who will have good careers, Amapdu probably will too. 

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

To be honest, from what I've seen very few of these Welsh boys that are playing for big clubs are going to make careers at those teams. Ampadu might make it at Chelsea, but I'd still have my reservations. You'd not be surpised to see Dan James leave United for more regular football. 

The two lads who started in midfield, Smith and Morrell have played a few games on loan at League 1 level. Molumby and Knight are miles ahead of those two with regular game time in the Championship.

Obafemi has scored a couple of Premier League goals, as has Connolly, has Roberts even played in the Premier League?

The Welsh squad looks good on paper because they've a lot players at big clubs, but how many of them will make it at those teams? Serious Jack Byrne / Conor Clifford vibes off a lot of them, and some of them are only in the squad to stop England from cappng them.

The likes of David Brooks and Chris Mepham are good young players who will have good careers, Amapdu probably will too. 

That’s exactly it Green Devil is right in that most of them Wilson Rodon James Brooks Morrell etc are 20-23 as opposed to 18-21 with our lads. I don’t look at the Welsh lads and think there young lads are vastly superior to ours. They have a lot of lads knocking around at “big clubs” but it’s very much a case of stat padding isn’t it bit like Kelleher for us at Liverpool he won’t be there long term. 

Ampadu I have huge time for think he’s very good and was unlucky his loan at Leipzig didn’t go great as regards game time he can kick on at Sheffield Utd now though and looks a shoe in for a top half PL club if not Chelsea. 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 11:37pm

Muskie? 

I don't know what's worse, that fact that you couldn't even get the characters name right (Muttley) or the amount of laughing emoticons in an unfunny and childish reply.

Anyhow for the second time, I can't be arsed derailing the thread further.

"Muskie" was the Muskrat in Deputy Dawg:

Hope This Helps

LOL

Edited by Territorial - 12 Oct 2020 at 11:43pm
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 8:58am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Fully convinced the naysayers didn't watch any of the games in the latter part of MO'N's and all of Mick's reign. If they had, there is no way they could forgot how poor performances were and how unprepared the teams were.

PM has said it previously and he's spot on. Mick's 2nd reign was a complete waste of time and money, and we would definitely be in a more positive position now if Kenny had the opportunity to work with the players for the last 18 months.

I don't think many posters have an issue with the style of play, I think most of them have an issue with Kenny and his suitability for the job. Some of them are still pining for Mick, to come back for the third time to complete his "unfinished business". I notice that the post match inquest on TV after the  Slovakia game wasn't the usual Oscar speeches about ten year plans, but whether Kenny is up to it or not, because we lost a penalty shoot out. 

You'll get a few hoofball heads like Roddy Collins going ballistic over not getting 3 points, but I think most of us recognise that we've qualified for 2 tournaments in 20 years, and the traditional "put em under pressure" tactics we've revelled in for the past 35 years no longer work, and we need to rebuild the team and how the team plays. That was never going to be Mick, it's not going to be the likes of Allardyce either. It needs someone with the time and the will and the energy to do a radical reform of the side and it needs the fans to have the patience to put up with it, and be prepared to write off a campaign or two, in order to be competitive again. It's not about the next campaign, it's about where we want to be in 4-6-10 years time. Every country has to do it at some point, if they want to be successful. 

The game was everything I expected it to be. It was never going to be a classic. They had no interest in scoring and we can't score at all. Then McClean launched into one of his traditional challenges and became the first player to be dismissed at home since 2011. He can go back to Stoke and fight his one man war against poppy wearing for the next month. 
In his absence we're off to Finland, to face a country whose level of progress and achievement, are the model we have to look to during the long rebuilding phase to come. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738>
  Share Topic