You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Home bar / Kegerator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 20>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

you can’t use your supermarket vouchers for drink

They can’t have 4 for a tenner type deals when the unit price is say 3 euro.  

It’s still unclear on cheap trays etc. the 4 for 10 rule is really only going to affect the smallest breweries, Which is a big shame. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 2:01pm
I love the 4 craft for 10 option, the saving is only about 2 euro in reality but it does make a little difference. 

Will they still be able to do 18 Miller for 14 like they do at Christmas etc? 

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 2:08pm
Think so, think it's only promos that last three days or less that are affected 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 2:10pm
they should get rid of below cost selling of drink.  

2 crates of Guinness before x mas was 35 euro.  Madness. 48 cans for 35 quid is a crazy price.  Shouldn’t be allowed.  I remember buying six cans of scrumptious back in 1996 for 5 Pound.  How many products are cheaper now than in 1996.  Flights maybe ? And clothes 
AKA pedantic kunt
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 2:17pm

2 crates of Guinness before x mas was 35 euro.  Madness. 48 cans for 35 quid is a crazy price.  Shouldn’t be allowed.  I remember buying six cans of scrumptious back in 1996 for 5 Pound.  How many products are cheaper now than in 1996.  Flights maybe ? And clothes 
Lots of electronics, clothes and groceries are cheaper now than the 90’s.

Anyway, I don’t know what the cost of goods nearly 30 years ago has to do with the price of cans of Guinness now. 

Absolutely ridiculous that cans are going up in price in my opinion. Already one of the most expensive prices in Europe for booze. Alcoholics will just have less money to spend on food.

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 2:22pm
we used to pay way over the odds for a slab of beer in the 90s. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Lots of electronics, clothes and groceries are cheaper now than the 90’s.

Anyway, I don’t know what the cost of goods nearly 30 years ago has to do with the price of cans of Guinness now. 

Absolutely ridiculous that cans are going up in price in my opinion. Already one of the most expensive prices in Europe for booze. Alcoholics will just have less money to spend on food.

The reason that it’s important he because it’s cheaper now than the 90s and that’s not taking wage inflation into account. The quantity of cans/bottles one can buy with the average wage or with social welfare or with a well paid job has gone through the roof.  When you are dealing with a dangerous drug that needs to be licensed there comes a point when it is far too cheap and those sort of crazy sales should not be allowed.  Below cost selling whether that is financed by the suppliers or the shop (largely by the supplier) should not be allowed.  
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 3:00pm
Great story Baldy, stick it in Murphy’s book 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 3:02pm
Who the fock buys 4 cans
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Who the fock buys 4 cans

Thst was just an example 😀😀😀

I have many times though.  I know my Da would too
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 4:00pm
Down in dunnes, the 4 for 10 was gone already, but the drinks usually in that offering were all on sale, 30-50 cent cheaper, so it worked out the same. 
If that's how it continues, fine by me
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 4:03pm
Great value of Guinness before Christmas alright Tesco had 2 slabs for €35 the 500ml too let's not Forget. Shame if you don't see the likes of that no more. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 4:46pm

Who the fock buys 4 cans

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Down in dunnes, the 4 for 10 was gone already, but the drinks usually in that offering were all on sale, 30-50 cent cheaper, so it worked out the same. 

Good news so. I like getting 8 cans of craft of a Friday for 20 bucks
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 5:00pm

Who the fock buys 4 cans

LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 5:49pm
12 sticks of Heinomite for 15e in Centra. They can hammer da fock outta all that craft nonsense Clap
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Good news so. I like getting 8 cans of craft of a Friday for 20 bucks

That out of Dunnes? What would be your choice? 

If I am just having 4 (e.g. midweek or where missus is at me about drinking to much) then i would also go for the 3 for 9 euro option plus 1. 
2 mccargles big banging, 1 Double banging and 1 grafters IPA. Series kick off that combo. One or two more and a series hangover will be on the cards the next day
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 6:35pm
Always see dopes with there 3 different craft beers in the Q. Thinking they are the dogs bollox. Give them a good sneer😏
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 20>
  Share Topic