Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=57575
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 11:47am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Home bar / Kegerator
Posted By: t_rAndy
Subject: Home bar / Kegerator
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 11:58am
Anyone have experience with setting up a permanent home bar and a beer tap / kegerator or did some research into it? 

Starting to look into this but some questions if anyone has experience in this area

Replies:
Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 12:05pm
A few mates of mine setup a Facebook group called "the ireland blade beer owners group"

%20" rel="nofollow - https://uk.blade.shop/heineken-professional-bundle.html

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

A few mates of mine setup a Facebook group called "the ireland blade beer owners group"

%20" rel="nofollow - https://uk.blade.shop/heineken-professional-bundle.html

Nice on hb 

Posted By: Deane
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 2:12pm
That actually looks pretty cool

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 3:25pm
Gerk set one up recently. Has all the gear,taps,gas,cooler etc. I’m sure he could answer any questions 

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: Baldrick
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 3:31pm
how many pints would you want to be drinking a week to keep a good flow going.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

About 35 is the required dosage 

-------------

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Gerk set one up recently. Has all the gear,taps,gas,cooler etc. I’m sure he could answer any questions 
His looks the business Clap

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 5:15pm
I hadn't even looked into the Blade ones until seeing that info from HB. Looks a lot more easy to set up anyway!

I was going to go down the full road of kegerator/fridge combo, full keg, gas, etc. but the Blade thing looks a lot more simple. That said, looks like the range is limited at the moment whereas with a proper set up you could get any type of keg (love me IPAs).
Maybe with Blade growing in popularity more will enter the market.

Did have a space in mind for the beer tap which would ultimately be part of a living room redesign, but the Blade is ready to plug in and go so bit of thinking to do....

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 5:18pm

About 35 is the required dosage 

I would try the AA ( and not the auto crowd)

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Pints are excellent also

-------------

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 10:01pm
Have one of the blades ordered for the bar i put into the garage during lockdown they look the job 

I also looked at the perfect draft machine they have more options available for kegs (mostly available from the uk) but is a crowd in Ireland now selling them too. Still thinking about adding  it to the bar in the future 

https://www.thebeergals.com/collections/all" rel="nofollow - https://www.thebeergals.com/collections/all

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 11:04pm

Pints are excellent also

What’s the company like, pick pocket situation?

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 1:33pm
thinking of getting one of those Phillip perfect draft machines.  Anyone tried one? Only small kegs but they do goose Island and a few other beers that I like.

https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/perfectdraft-keg-machine?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&utm_content=perfectdraft-keg-machine&gclid=CjwKCAjw8MD7BRArEiwAGZsrBZ3rjVpnmIrhFOSUTqwrYVmOAq4XyUoL3PC1ZZnuSneL6K4TUf7-UBoCgqcQAvD_BwE" rel="nofollow - https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/perfectdraft-keg-machine?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&utm_content=perfectdraft-keg-machine&gclid=CjwKCAjw8MD7BRArEiwAGZsrBZ3rjVpnmIrhFOSUTqwrYVmOAq4XyUoL3PC1ZZnuSneL6K4TUf7-UBoCgqcQAvD_BwE

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 3:38pm
What's a kegorator?  Sounds like a robot who is sent back in time to get you pissed

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Have one of the blades ordered for the bar i put into the garage during lockdown they look the job 

I also looked at the perfect draft machine they have more options available for kegs (mostly available from the uk) but is a crowd in Ireland now selling them too. Still thinking about adding  it to the bar in the future 

https://www.thebeergals.com/collections/all" rel="nofollow - https://www.thebeergals.com/collections/all

Didn't take look for me to give in and but the perfect draft machine bought 1 from beergals with 3 kegs of Jupiter beer. Both it and the blade machine should be here by end of the week will review then which is better 

-------------
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:00pm

Didn't take look for me to give in and but the perfect draft machine bought 1 from beergals with 3 kegs of Jupiter beer. Both it and the blade machine should be here by end of the week will review then which is better 

Am i missing something or are they charging €4 a pint? Understand its not cheap thought that was very pricey. Am looking at getting a set up like this, but unit cost is huge

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Am i missing something or are they charging €4 a pint? Understand its not cheap thought that was very pricey. Am looking at getting a set up like this, but unit cost is huge

Yeah when taking cost per pint into it they aren't working out much cheaper than the average cost of a pint. The cost of kegs has went up last number of months it seems for obvious reasons 

-------------

Posted By: 1888
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2020 at 11:42pm
Hi i've a PD machine, got it two weeks ago from the beer gals with 6 kegs. i've only tried the Lagers, Juplier, Diekirch and Lowenbrau- they are lovely. Don't know where you are getting €4 per pint, are ya counting the €5 refund per keg - it works out around 3.20 or so per pint and it's worth that. I've Kwak locked and loaded for tomorrow ,so will let you know how i get on - 8.4% - mind blowing

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 11:02am
The PD or Blade would be fairly chunky for a kitchen top wouldn't they?

I've been looking at them and it would be a quicker fix to my goal of having beer on tap at home, but I think going all in and getting the full system with CO2 has its own appeals too, especially when it comes to the selection available, all my favourite IPAs you can get only in the big kegs.

My gaf has the chimney through the centre of the house and there is a 104 x 70cm space on either side that we are are going to get units built and inside my unit is going to have the home bar, so hidden behind the door until opened and the doors slide into the wall  Big smile
That's the dream anyway, still have to figure out of the space works for the operation im looking for. 

So thinking kegerator and bottle fridge combo and then beer keg and tap.  Might then get the blade or PD too to sit on top of the bottle fridge to have a second choice option since my taste is generally towards IPAs which not everyone enjoys

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 11:39am
How many pints would have to be consumed over what period to justify it? 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 11:46am
Isn't Jupiler just Stella with a different badge? 

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

They keep for 6-8 weeks. About 104 pints in a 50L keg.
So on your own its about 13-17 a week. Id say my average week is about 15 pints and that would be putting the brakes on my self a little.
Then considering there would probably be more reason to invite brothers or brothers in law over to watch a game and have a few pints, prob go through a keg every 4-6 weeks

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

And where would one find this ‘jupiler’ Smile

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

So on your own its about 13-17 a week. Id say my average week is about 15 pints and that would be putting the brakes on my self a little.
Then considering there would probably be more reason to invite brothers or brothers in law over to watch a game and have a few pints, prob go through a keg every 4-6 weeks

Jesus, that's a worrying amount I would think

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 12:48pm
Wouldn't say I even had 15 pints all year. 

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

And where would one find this ‘jupiler’ Smile

Comes on the perfect draft machine. Was having pints of it last night 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 1:19pm

This was the exact reason I went against putting the full draft system into the home bar. I like the idea of having a pint every now and again but wouldn't be drinking enough to make it viable in the long run

I had 6 or 7 pints last night but that's really down to the novelty of having the new machine it will mainly be used for few casual pints when watching football etc and its perfect for just that

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Funny enough, I haven't had any in the last month apart from non-alcoholic beers as I am on a fitness buzz (probably why I am dreaming about the beer tap more frequently than usual).
But normally, and I'm talking 500ml bottles, I'd have about 12 bottles beteeen Friday and Saturday, maybe a few on a Sunday and midweek 3 or 4. Now that is kind of when I am not watching my figure, e.g. during lockdown. 

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by 1888 1888 wrote:

Hi i've a PD machine, got it two weeks ago from the beer gals with 6 kegs. i've only tried the Lagers, Juplier, Diekirch and Lowenbrau- they are lovely. Don't know where you are getting €4 per pint, are ya counting the €5 refund per keg - it works out around 3.20 or so per pint and it's worth that. I've Kwak locked and loaded for tomorrow ,so will let you know how i get on - 8.4% - mind blowing

Hi PD Machine sales Star

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 3:32pm
I think if more brands are entering the 8l keg market by the time I am getting my set up then that might change my frame of thought.
I think they all work out about 3 euro a pint anyway whether the 50L keg or 8L

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 3:40pm

Funny enough, I haven't had any in the last month apart from non-alcoholic beers as I am on a fitness buzz (probably why I am dreaming about the beer tap more frequently than usual).
But normally, and I'm talking 500ml bottles, I'd have about 12 bottles beteeen Friday and Saturday, maybe a few on a Sunday and midweek 3 or 4. Now that is kind of when I am not watching my figure, e.g. during lockdown. 

On the non alcoholic buzz myself after a heavy week and a half out west, great there's so much choice these days. 

I don't know you from Adam but if it was a friend of mine drinking that much every week I'd definitely be having a quiet word to say I had concerns about them. 

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 5:05pm

On the non alcoholic buzz myself after a heavy week and a half out west, great there's so much choice these days. 

I don't know you from Adam but if it was a friend of mine drinking that much every week I'd definitely be having a quiet word to say I had concerns about them. 
I had that much on Thursday, never mind the rest of the week.LOL

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 5:20pm

I go in and out of phases. Lockdown was bad. 
Yeah there is great choice actually, I am finding the urge to have a nice beer is getting filled by the non alcoholic. Then I'd only have a couple as not going to keep skulling them back while not getting tipsy. Plus half the calories even if you are in a situation that you are having 4 or 5 at a get together 

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 5:24pm
Just cant take to the non alco stuff. Just dont see the point personally. But it's most likely all in my head. I get that some taste just as good as regular beers but id rather have a glass of quash or a rock shandy.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 5:51pm
Non Al can FRO

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 5:56pm

Just cant take to the non alco stuff. Just dont see the point personally. But it's most likely all in my head. I get that some taste just as good as regular beers but id rather have a glass of quash or a rock shandy.

I do that, might have a rock shandy and then a na beer, not often but if I fancy being off it for a weekend 

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 6:44pm
Don’t see the point of non alcoholic beer.

15-17 pints a week would be normal if you are going out say 2 nights, no?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

It tastes nice and better for you, can drive after, sleep better, but get why people don't like it or don't see the point. 

15-17 pints in two sittings would cause you serious damage if doing that every week. 

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 7:19pm

very normal in my mind anyway LOL

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 7:48pm
Two very civilised nights at that.

-------------

Posted By: theheff1989
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 8:23pm
Never had a non alcoholic beer. If wasn’t drinking. I’d have an oul mineral. 

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 8:26pm

Sure nipping in for one is usually 5/6 pints anyway. 

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 8:45pm
Must say 3 or 4 pints in a quiet session is fine in these times  

Once I go into the 6 pints area it impacts on the next day which is fine but wouldn't want to be doing it more than once a week and haven't done it since the early days of lockdown and the online quizzes with the scientist and others.  

Think 3 -5 is the perfect amount once  week. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Sure nipping in for one is usually 5/6 pints anyway. 

Imagine if the Euros were on this summer - you’d be doing well to keep it down to 15-17 pints per weeks.

And obviously that’s assuming no weddings!! 

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 9:04pm
Put the finishing touches to the home bar this week happy enough with how its looking at the minute now the plan is to stock up on kegs for the perfect draft and the blade machine.

*anyone wondering were the ireland flag is its on the opposite wall hence not seeing it in picture 

-------------

Posted By: The White Cafu
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 9:12pm
Looking good Ringer 👍 just missing a jäger tap LOL

Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 9:17pm
Are you Dexter RB ?

-------------
l hear you are a racist now, father ?

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 9:22pm
Tongue and groove the walls Ringer and it will look the business. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 9:28pm

Put the finishing touches to the home bar this week happy enough with how its looking at the minute now the plan is to stock up on kegs for the perfect draft and the blade machine.

*anyone wondering were the ireland flag is its on the opposite wall hence not seeing it in picture 

Pool table in all, nice one. 

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 9:31pm
Nicely done RB

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Looking good Ringer 👍 just missing a jäger tap LOL

I had looked at the jager machine but didn't think was worth the money so just invested in proper bar measurements and a bottle of jager LOL

-------------

Posted By: Artie Ziff
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 10:32pm

There is a poster called The Walls

-------------
It would damage this forums' reputation

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2020 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I had visions of poor oul wallsey tied up in a gimp mask getting tormented by some sexual deviant LOL

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2020 at 8:47am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

I had visions of poor oul wallsey tied up in a gimp mask getting tormented by some sexual deviant LOL

LOLLOL

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: cardwizzard
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 7:09pm
Giving serious consideration to getting something for the house with pubs shut and the craic gone out of them.

Can someone tell me the difference between the blade and the pd. I like the look of the blade is that the better pint/value? How's delivery to Ireland, service etc.

Sound

Posted By: sausy
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 10:50am

It tastes nice and better for you, can drive after, sleep better, but get why people don't like it or don't see the point. 

15-17 pints in two sittings would cause you serious damage if doing that every week. 

Had more than that yesterday alone. I can confirm it's definitely not good for you.

-------------
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 11:34am
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Giving serious consideration to getting something for the house with pubs shut and the craic gone out of them.

Can someone tell me the difference between the blade and the pd. I like the look of the blade is that the better pint/value? How's delivery to Ireland, service etc.

Sound

I have both so in good position to give opinion on both. The first main difference in them is the kegs that go into them the pd is 6l kegs (roughly 10.5 pints) and the blade is 8l kegs (around 15 pints)

In terms of better pint is no difference in either machine get decent pints from both. The blade does look like a more professional looking machine. 

Limited options on the blade in terms of beers i mainly use mine for moretti but do have keg of tiger in the garage too. The pd has something like 40 different types of beer available for it a lot of them European beers but do have the likes of bud, corona etc available on it too.

In terms of price the perfect draft is that bit cheaper and is a company here in Ireland that sells them directly (the beergals) i paid €390 for my machine and 3 kegs of jupiler beer and it was next day delivery. They are that bit dearer for the kegs than the sites based in the UK but the small things like next day delivery is worth the extra imo.

The blade can't be bought directly here in Ireland atm it needs to be bought from the uk. So far from what I can see beershark are the only company that delivery directly to here all others you need to go via parcel motel or dpd wizard. The initial outlay is more on the blade was just shy of €500 for the setup I got from beershark (machine, 2 moretti, 1 tiger and 6 moretti glasses) the biggest disadvantage was the wait for it to arrive took almost 2 weeks for it to be delivered and from reviews online beershark have recently a lot of complaints recently (personally think they struggle with recent spike in demand)

In summary both machines are great i can't find fault with either of them. I find myself using the perfect draft more simply because jupiler is a great pint but having pints of moretti available when I want is no bad complaint either. Having an Irish company available is another pro for the perfect draft and they are forever expanding what kegs they have available. Get whatever one fits your price range im sure you won't be disappointed 

-------------

Posted By: cardwizzard
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 10:11pm
Top man RB, made decision little easier. Thinking I'll go with PD. While it's a little bit cheaper, I'm thinking its the ease of ordering, more variety of beers and next day delivery all sounds good. I'll take the plunge this week Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 11:21pm

Top man RB, made decision little easier. Thinking I'll go with PD. While it's a little bit cheaper, I'm thinking its the ease of ordering, more variety of beers and next day delivery all sounds good. I'll take the plunge this week Thumbs Up

You won't be disappointed in it highly recommended jupiler on it too if you a larger fan. Beer gals currently doing 5% of all kegs as well 

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2020 at 11:56pm

You won't be disappointed in it highly recommended jupiler on it too if you a larger fan. Beer gals currently doing 5% of all kegs as well 

About 3.80 a pint then yeah? Would you need to back it up with a few bottles as well or how many 6l kegs you going through in a week?

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 1:15am

About 3.80 a pint then yeah? Would you need to back it up with a few bottles as well or how many 6l kegs you going through in a week?

I always have 2 or 3 kegs spare here so haven't torched a bottle or can since I got the machines. I would really only be drinking over the weekends but the novelty of having draft beer is still there at the minute so could easily go through 2 kegs a week with no hassle at all.

I'm waiting on 3 more kegs to arrive this week so that will see ne having 4 spare 6l kegs and have 2 spare 8l ones as well. Starting to stock up for Christmas exactly too as the demand is expected to be large this year

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 6:30am
what’s the deal here are lads knocking back 20 pints a week on their own in the garage or what.  

Sounds like a recipe for disaster long term LOL

I get the whole draft thing with Guinness but is there that much difference between a bottle of morretti and a pint of it.  Or getting a decent IPA and a pint of bud or corona.  

Seems like the start up costs are pricey The unit costs are pricey too.  Really can’t see the attraction If there is no Guinness. 

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 7:31am
Can usually get a case if Stella for £10 20x284ml works out about £2 a pint

-------------

Posted By: Gaz
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:46am

what’s the deal here are lads knocking back 20 pints a week on their own in the garage or what.  

This is exactly why I didn't buy one. I'd be horsing the gargle in to me every week

-------------
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:51am

I get the whole draft thing with Guinness but is there that much difference between a bottle of morretti and a pint of it.  Or getting a decent IPA and a pint of bud or corona.  

Seems like the start up costs are pricey The unit costs are pricey too.  Really can’t see the attraction If there is no Guinness. 
Morreti is much nicer from the bottle. It gets very watery on draught. There is something nice about a proper pint, regardless of the beer, but paying hundreds to have a pint of lager in the garage does make me think the Celtic Tiger is immune to the virus.

-------------

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:54am

Morreti is much nicer from the bottle. It gets very watery on draught. There is something nice about a proper pint, regardless of the beer, but paying hundreds to have a pint of lager in the garage does make me think the Celtic Tiger is immune to the virus.

Or that because people haven't been going out for months and therefore might be using the money not spent on that for something else.

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 9:56am

This is the thing that is putting me off. 

Not to mention the fact that you'd have to horse through the pints fairly sharpish for fear of them going bad. 

I joined one of the groups on FB and it seems as though the machines are not only costly but they are high maintenance and anybody with a woman in their life doesnt need anymore of that shhhhite. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Or that because people haven't been going out for months and therefore might be using the money not spent on that for something else.
I don't know about that. Spending a fortune for a pint? It smacks a bit  of 'wait until I show yer man next door', but if they are happy paying hundreds for a pint then go for it!

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Hit the nail on the head with that one my disposable income has increased during the past 6 or 7 months since I haven't been going anywhere 

Home bar won't be for everyone but its been a bit of a release for me to get away from everything going on at home and the world in general. I can go out there stick the sport on play some pool or darts and enjoy few social drinks not like skulling pints everyday 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 10:52pm
living the dream there RB, that’s a quality set up. 
Would love similar myself but haven’t got the space in the back garden.
Going to have to get creative to create my home bar but have some ideas in mind. Wife has agreed I can use my annual bonus on it (we usually use it for the summer holidays but we already have a holiday fully paid for ready to go as soon as this sh*t is over) 

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 11:56pm
Shed Andy?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 11:44am

living the dream there RB, that’s a quality set up. 
Would love similar myself but haven’t got the space in the back garden.
Going to have to get creative to create my home bar but have some ideas in mind. Wife has agreed I can use my annual bonus on it (we usually use it for the summer holidays but we already have a holiday fully paid for ready to go as soon as this sh*t is over) 

Have seen few great bars online that been made from garden sheds can do a lot with a bit of imagination. I'm happy out with how my setup is now still looking at few other small things to the walls etc and need to put a heater or something in it for the winter months (if get my hands on a small stove that could be an option too)

Its an investment for the long term will have this long after covid is gone 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 12:22pm
my issue is I haven’t even got the room for a shed as I already got an extension and there would be no back garden left if we built a shed. I already have a small shed but its full with a drier and storage items.

So i have 3 options. Move house, build a bunker and put a bar in it (I actually looked at a few videos and there are some cool ones out there) or fit it into me gaf somehow. So my idea is to have a bottle fridge and kegerstor and tap with a couple of shelves then all fitting into the space I have between my chimney and wall, it’s about 150cm wide and 70cm depth. So will be tight enough on the depth but think it could work. Would put then like a fancy unit door then in front of it so that it’s generally hidden behind the door by day, but then can be opened up when the bar is open (with doors sliding into the wall). Would also get shelf’s and unit on the other side of the chimney and get like a fake fire and cut the space out of the chimney for the flat screen tv to fit into so it all looks well together as one design. 

Then I was thinking I could get me brother in law to make me some sort of bar like table that can be put assembled and dissembled easily and that I could store in my small garden shed. So again, by day it’s the living room, but when the bar is open I can whip something together quickly. 

No dart board or pool table possible but good spot to watch me sport with some juicy beers or having people over 

Posted By: whitesideOnside
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 1:38pm

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 1:52pm
I hear ya Andy. Got lucky and bought a gaff with a block built shed. It was just a dumping ground so for less than circa 350, i did it up and put a bar in it. Built a false wall at the back where i have racking so garden sh*te and tools are accessible but out of sight and nicely tucked out of the way. It had no power so i ran power from the gaff in and bought one of those tower power yokes and sorted. The internet also extends from the gaff to the shed so have NowTv and all the football and apps. Fridge and dart board etc. but no room for a pool table. Sneak peek below -

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 1:54pm
how many can it fit MCG and how does one get an invite post covid.  

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 1:55pm

Do you mean how many post covid or how many with social distancing? LOL

8 or 9 comfortably. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 1:56pm

I hear ya Andy. Got lucky and bought a gaff with a block built shed. It was just a dumping ground so for less than circa 350, i did it up and put a bar in it. Built a false wall at the back where i have racking so garden sh*te and tools are accessible but out of sight and nicely tucked out of the way. It had no power so i ran power from the gaff in and bought one of those tower power yokes and sorted. The internet also extends from the gaff to the shed so have NowTv and all the football and apps. Fridge and dart board etc. but no room for a pool table. Sneak peek below -

I would come to Dublin for that.LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 2:01pm

8 or 9 comfortably. 

At an ante natal class so I would come over now if I could 😀😀😀😀 some lad asked could he bring a guitar into the delivery room ffs.  Images of David Brent 😀

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 2:05pm

8 or 9 comfortably. 

At an ante natal class so I would come over now if I could 😀😀😀😀 some lad asked could he bring a guitar into the delivery room ffs.  Images of David Brent 😀

LOL

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 2:09pm

8 or 9 comfortably. 

Is one of you pregnant? Congratulations, I hope it's you!LOL It would make today more bearable. 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 2:13pm
Thats quality McG and for not that much money either. Well done.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 2:57pm

Quality looking McG Clap

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 3:08pm

8 or 9 comfortably. 

Is one of you pregnant? Congratulations, I hope it's you!LOL It would make today more bearable. 

I blame the Scientists quiz they were so sh*te 😀😀😀

-------------
AKA pedantic kunt

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Quality looking McG Clap

That's class 

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 3:25pm

8 or 9 comfortably. 

You were hardly going to blame the Scientist!LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:12pm
Stop fishing for likes McG you whore. 

Gerks bar on Facebook, yours on twitter, now yours again here!! I’m not jealous in the slightest!!!! LOL

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:16pm

8 or 9 comfortably. 

You were hardly going to blame the Scientist!LOL

No way Baldie pics or Feck off you know the score 

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:46pm

Stop fishing for likes McG you whore. 

Gerks bar on Facebook, yours on twitter, now yours again here!! I’m not jealous in the slightest!!!! LOL

This is the Home Bar thread LOL

Make it happen 9f

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 3:34pm
Broke ground on Monday on the new bar Beer

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

What you planning?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:03pm

What you planning?

Something that will no doubt go over budget!! New shed with a jacks and all. Will get someone to knock up a bar when the shed is up. Beer wise don't think I'll go down the route of taps, cooler, regulators, gas etc. Think a blade will do the job for me.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:05pm

What you planning?

Something that will no doubt go over budget!! New shed with a jacks and all. Will get someone to knock up a bar when the shed is up. Beer wise don't think I'll go down the route of taps, cooler, regulators, gas etc. Think a blade will do the job for me.

I know a lad that "plumbed" an old style saloon jacks but with urinal only in his shed bar... 

He dug a trench and piped down into it. Back to nature for the pish.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: Borussia
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:11pm

What you planning?

What's your door policy and music policy?

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:12pm

What you planning?

A blade/ PD machine would be enough IMO. 

I’m currently converting my garage at the side of the house into a workshop/ bar area. It was used as dumping ground since we bought the house so glad to be doing something with it. 
Doing it stages based on time & money. Having a 15month old ive f**k all of either but hoping to have stage 1 done before Christmas. 

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:13pm
Post pics lads of the progress Thumbs Up

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:15pm

Post pics lads of the progress Thumbs Up
Will throw up a few in a couple of weeks when it all comes together 

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 4:45pm
Got the perfect draft system on the back of ringers suggestion and am very happy with it. So much so my da went and bought one too.

Have tried jupiler, spaten, goose & fransizkaner and have a Stella and Hertog Jan to try as well. All the beers are nice in their own way and the quality is very good. 

Using http://www.thebeergals.com" rel="nofollow - www.thebeergals.com who are a start up distributing from portarlington. Normally next day delivery on kegs. 

Free delivery if 12 bought. Typically have 6 months shelf life. Easy collection for keg return for a fiver back a piece.

Plenty of other options for beers. Can justify the spend on the machine as it will be handy for Christmas and bbq. 

Would recommend. 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 6:13pm

What you planning?

I've plans to improve mine next year with the extension been added to existing garage to put all the gardening stuff into. Want to get it insulated as at the minute it's baltic in it a lot of the time and thinking of adding a toilet into it as well 

On the beer front I've a sub machine been added to go with the perfect draft and blade machines and I'm hoping to add a Guinness surger to it as well (know Guinness drinkers will be disgusted at this but I don't drink Guinness so its only for few mates who do and thats not good enough reason to justify putting proper Guinness system in)

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net