You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Home bar / Kegerator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 20>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 9:22am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Bad time for more restrictions as the builder was hoping to be done and gone by the end of next week.

You building a man cave?

Basically building an additional room down the back of the garden. Being built to be used as a bar to start but I'd presume what it is used for will change over the years, although hoping not.

The builder was hoping to be finished by the end of this week but the freezing weather delayed the plastering and the place drying out. Still hoping to have it decorated and scooping in it by the end of the month. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 9:27am
That must be costing a fair few $$
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 9:48am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Yes it is!!! But good time to build it and will add value to the house. And obviously it will get plenty of use!Beer 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 9:54am

I'd say anyone that's added a home bar over the last year will agree that budgets are hard to stick to LOL

Edited by ringerbell - 11 Jan 2021 at 2:33pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 9:57am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

I'd say anyone that's added a hone bar over the last year will agree that budgets are hard to stick to LOL

We're not even at the decorating or kitting it out stage yet!!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 10:25am
get the scientist to do your budgets lads.  He will even throw in a free microwave 
AKA pedantic kunt
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 11:15am
https://www.dellonda.co.uk/products/dh49-5l-universal-beer-dispenser-tap-with-integrated-cooling
My wife got me this for Christmas. Fits any 5l keg or cask (comes with a few adapters).
Was a pain in the bollocks getting it set up - wasted a few gas canisters setting it u - but once I got the hang of it it's been brilliant.

Great having a pint at home.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 2:25pm

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Bad time for more restrictions as the builder was hoping to be done and gone by the end of next week.

You building a man cave?

Basically building an additional room down the back of the garden. Being built to be used as a bar to start but I'd presume what it is used for will change over the years, although hoping not.

The builder was hoping to be finished by the end of this week but the freezing weather delayed the plastering and the place drying out. Still hoping to have it decorated and scooping in it by the end of the month. 

PM there
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 12:31pm
Electrics and plumbing finished yesterday so hopefully only a few days left before we can get started on the inside.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 12:47pm
You doing the inside yourself or leave the pro at it?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:07pm
We'll be doing the inside ourselves. Shouldn't be that much to it.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:19pm

Better off IMO, anyone can throw money at something but you’ll be a hell of lot more proud if you do some/all of the work. 
Plus there’s f**k all else to be at these days
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:24pm
What do you all use for Cleaning beer Glasses I've been just doing the Hot water then cold and drip dry but still can't get my glasses beer clean. Seen on an FB page of some using Dishwasher with Renovate Glass cleaner product. 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Better off IMO, anyone can throw money at something but you’ll be a hell of lot more proud if you do some/all of the work. 

when I say "we'll be doing the inside", the girlfriends brother is an aspiring carpenter so he can have a go it.

Rented out an industrial dehumidifier yesterday so the place should be ready to paid this weekend.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 2:43pm

when I say "we'll be doing the inside", the girlfriends brother is an aspiring carpenter so he can have a go it.

Rented out an industrial dehumidifier yesterday so the place should be ready to paid this weekend.
Paint👀
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

What do you all use for Cleaning beer Glasses I've been just doing the Hot water then cold and drip dry but still can't get my glasses beer clean. Seen on an FB page of some using Dishwasher with Renovate Glass cleaner product. 

Picked up one of these, quite good. It doesn't work on some of my more obscure glassware so they go into the dishwasher.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Paint👀

yep paint sorry, however it is also paid day this weekend.
Tribesman91 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2021 at 6:19pm
Never use a detergent on glasses, but use renovate on your glasses every few months. Don't believe any advert you see claiming to be a good product for cleaning them. I've 20 years experience of this
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 20>
  Share Topic