You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jonathan Hill Gone as FAI CEO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 28>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 7:13am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

He's 2 years into his tenure and he still hasn't moved to Ireland. That's a massive red flag for me. Unprecedented across global FA's surley.

His handling of both the 'video gate' issue after the England game and the 'up the RA' nonsense after the women qualified still don't sit well with me.

IMO there is a better qualified person, an Irishman to boot, who is currently in the equivalent role in the Welsh FA. 

That spoofer shouldn't be let near the place. His performance on BBC Newsnight about gay fans travelling to Qatar was embarrassing.

He was all too happy to to get involved in Delaney's mess too

No thanks

As  for Hill. The fact he is still UK based cannot be a good thing. As is the failure to deliver a main sponsor.

Edited by Saint Tom - 07 Jan 2023 at 7:59am
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 7:29am
I think it’s very hard to compare an ordinary worker commuting to/from the UK and a CEO of operation the size of the FAI. It’s not a good look, and should be a minimum requirement. 

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 11:03am
Maybe he can't afford to rent a place in Dublin or buy a house. Did ya ever think of that folks, ffs.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 11:49am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Maybe he can't afford to rent a place in Dublin or buy a house. Did ya ever think of that folks, ffs.

He's being paid € 207,590 per annum!

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 12:23pm
it’s not the time you spend it’s what you do when you are there 

Get a main sponsor on board and most of the criticism will disappear 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

it’s not the time you spend it’s what you do when you are there 

Get a main sponsor on board and most of the criticism will disappear 
In a normal job I’d agree but with the FAI it’s different, the one area I’d give Delaney a modicum of praise would be his work around the country at clubs. I know why he was doing it was for self gain but it’s still good for the 1000s of volunteers to see it
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 12:38pm
As a volunteer for nearly 15 years I wholeheartedly disagree! I don't want the CEO down cutting ribbons and buying pints. It's a load of sh*te and it's a huge part of the reason he got away with what he was at for so long.

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

As a volunteer for nearly 15 years I wholeheartedly disagree! I don't want the CEO down cutting ribbons and buying pints. It's a load of sh*te and it's a huge part of the reason he got away with what he was at for so long.

Fair enough I didn’t mean buying favor but just to be seen out n about. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Fair enough I didn’t mean buying favor but just to be seen out n about. 

Its parish pump politics 101.

The CEO should be out of sight doing the work behind the scenes, the less we hear and see of him in the public the better.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 3:16pm
Without googling it most people wouldn't be able to tell you who the CEO of the IRFU is never mind what he looks like.

Why, because he actually gets on with doing his job and doing it well. Rather than posing for photos and wanting people to kiss his ass.

Edited by J89 - 07 Jan 2023 at 3:17pm
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 8:01pm

Yeah but has he bought anyone a rake of pints? 

Or even done a drunken speech with the fans
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2023 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Yeah but has he bought anyone a rake of pints? 

Or even done a drunken speech with the fans

Heady days
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

DubLife View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 8:50am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

maybe Grainne has another less expensive house she can rent him.

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 9:02pm
The Government has suspended funding for the FAI after it discovered the association was in breach of the terms of its bailout by making excessive payments to its chief executive Jonathan Hill.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fai-funding-suspended-as-ceo-jonathan-hill-told-to-repay-20000-he-received/a424192290.html
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 9:16pm
Jonafin Fill (yer pockets)
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 10:03pm
They’re a f**king joke LOL
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 11:41pm
Jayus Chris, there is not a hope inhell the Irish Government are going to give the FAI any big lump sums of money to develop Irish football, with all this sh*te after coming out. The top of the FAI are still a mess it seems and can not be trusted.
Hopefully LOI clubs and another clubs can go straight to the government looking for funds to upgrade and build stadiums, youth academies and facilities. Maybe that is the way forward?

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2023 at 11:47pm
I fought he ad moved over to EIRE?  Says eee is still living at ome and gettin loadsa money for travel expenses.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 28>
  Share Topic