You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bulgaria Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 62>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:02am
allot of what is said is right but Kenny will need time and will get time.
But ultimately if results are poor and we lose the playoff he will be under big pressure early on which could make his job more difficult hopefully results are positive and this pressure doesn’t come on.

On the game last night would suggest that Coleman is a better right back than Doherty.
Leaving obafemi at home and not at least having him on the bench was the wrong call.
We lack a spark in midfield.

Randolph was solid
Brady did well when he came on.
Great to see Shane long back
Sponsored Links

Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:13am
Hendrick, Hourihane, McCarthy, Browne, cullen,  Molumby, Arter etc etc are much of a muchness. The idea to drop premier league midfielders and replace them with lads on loan in the championship and all will be well is delusional.

We have a poor midfield because our midfielders are poor.

Similarly doherty and coleman are much of a muchness. There is no winning or losing of a game in this selection. 

The change to be made to last nights team that can really change what the team achieves is Mcgoldrick for Idah.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Olaf Olaf wrote:

The LOI fans are out in force. Sorry fellas, the games up here. This can’t continue, if we don’t win our next 3 games he should go. I’ll also point out the obvious, we’ve a very important game in the near future. And starting Idah who can’t get many minutes at Norwich, yet we left Obafemi In the u21s who plays regularly for a Southampton side in the PL is nothing sort of ridiculous. It wasn’t a Denmark or hell even Germany. It was Bulgaria. Could anyone even name a Bulgaria player on the street, I doubt it.
LOLLOLLOL
Even by your own high standards of nonsense Byrner, this is right up there Clap
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:24am
New manager, new system & 2 days training..... 
some lads expecting a 3/4-0 win pre Game Clap never change YBIG 
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:26am
Dominated possesion had the better chances and conceded from one lapse of concentration, some lads literally cant wait for Kenny to fail just so they can say I told you so. Mad.
Dots1982 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dots1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:38am
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Dominated possesion had the better chances and conceded from one lapse of concentration, some lads literally cant wait for Kenny to fail just so they can say I told you so. Mad.

We didn’t look right defensively all night to be honest. A good team could have done us serious damage last night. Bulgaria were blunt.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

We didn’t look right defensively all night to be honest. A good team could have done us serious damage last night. Bulgaria were blunt.

Correct....I rewatched the game last night and we were blessed we were playing a poor Bulgarian side.they actually got in behind us a good few times,their center forward fell over while going through on goal at one stage,and that’s a huge concern for me.a half better team would of cut us open last night easily,and I don’t care what people say about transition of manager,tactics etc what we put out on the pitch last night should of beaten that Bulgarian team they were that poor.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:48am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

It's a double-edged sword, the standard of the opposition was extremely poor but because of the circumstances it's wrong to be overly critical.

It's right to expect a result on Sunday too. Finland are a right bunch of boomers ranked only 1 place above Bulgaria with the only positive results they've had are the powerhouses of Lichtenstein and Armenia
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:52am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

It's a double-edged sword, the standard of the opposition was extremely poor but because of the circumstances it's wrong to be overly critical.

It's right to expect a result on Sunday too. Finland are a right bunch of boomers ranked only 1 place above Bulgaria with the only positive results they've had are the powerhouses of Lichtenstein and Armenia

Finland dominated wales for large periods of the game last night and should of got a draw when a Finnish player hit the post from 4 yards out.....they’ll make it very tough for us.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:55am
We really lack quality in midfield. Hendrick works hard but offers little else, Hourihane is a good set piece taker but struggles without legs around him whilst McCarthy looked unfit but at least was showing for the ball. We need a better chemistry in there. Molumby and Arter may offer better chemistry beside Hourihane. A lot of our midfielders are similar which is a problem. O'Dowda should make the right of midfield his own if we stick with 4-3-3. We are so short there- Robinson seems much more suited centrally. 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 8:57am

The LOI fans are out in force. Sorry fellas, the games up here. This can’t continue, if we don’t win our next 3 games he should go. I’ll also point out the obvious, we’ve a very important game in the near future. And starting Idah who can’t get many minutes at Norwich, yet we left Obafemi In the u21s who plays regularly for a Southampton side in the PL is nothing sort of ridiculous. It wasn’t a Denmark or hell even Germany. It was Bulgaria. Could anyone even name a Bulgaria player on the street, I doubt it.
LOLLOLLOL
Even by your own high standards of nonsense Byrner, this is right up there Clap

Yeah this is complete and utter drivil. He takes the award in this thread and that’s some doing. Jesus Christ.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:16am

Hey everybody look at me !!! Get rid of the L.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:20am
The players lacked match fitness ffs, Duffy for example was absolutely brutal yesterday, not just on the ball but defensively too. 

I'm no massive fan of Duffy but I know 100% he can play better than that when match fit. Id of course pick him for Sunday though.

Disappointing performance from all players but we're not lumping the ball up the field. I'm happy with that for a first game.

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:22am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Apart from the Simpsons meme, this thread is a load of sh*t.

If we’re serious about rebuilding the senior team, and all of Irish international football, there’s going to be some bumps in the road. I’d take two years of sh*tty results if it means we start actually playing football — which I don’t think we have done for over a decade.

Have some backbone for f**ks sake 

+1
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

We really lack quality in midfield. Hendrick works hard but offers little else, Hourihane is a good set piece taker but struggles without legs around him whilst McCarthy looked unfit but at least was showing for the ball. We need a better chemistry in there. Molumby and Arter may offer better chemistry beside Hourihane. A lot of our midfielders are similar which is a problem. O'Dowda should make the right of midfield his own if we stick with 4-3-3. We are so short there- Robinson seems much more suited centrally. 
Stephen Elliott on the radio after the match last night advancing the case of Glenn Whelan to be the holding player in midfield. Couldn't believe my ears, then realised both Elliott and Whelan are the same age and both began their pro life as apprentices at the old Man City. We are trying to introduce new ideas and develop younger players and yet a former player promoting his past it mate. FFS. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:25am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Finland dominated wales for large periods of the game last night and should of got a draw when a Finnish player hit the post from 4 yards out.....they’ll make it very tough for us.
Good. That’s what we need. 
Lads need to forget about results for a while, especially in friendlies/nations league games. 
An improvement on last nights performance & I’ll be content 
jimjims View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimjims Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:27am
Giles said he seen nothing different. Some pundits are going to dig in already.
Olaf View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2020 at 9:29am
I’m not buying this we lack quality in midfield. No we don’t, I’d in fact argue our strongest position is midfield. We’ve James McCarthy, Jeff Hendrick, Robbie Brady, Browne, Hourihane, Arter. With the exception of Browne they all play in the PL, and have literally years of experience in the top flight. McCarthy is the anchor that we need, Hourihane Hendrick are naturally creative footballers. The issue is the managers deployment of them. The only logic I can see for Idah is he’s tall, and a different option. But he’s miles of the standard required right now in his career. It sounds to me like people are trying to make excuses for what is a poor result against a poor side. We’ve nearly all the team playing PL football, and we’re struggling v Bulgaria. For all this talk of Kenny will get us playing football.. we still scored from a set piece. Luckily.

Edited by Olaf - 04 Sep 2020 at 9:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 62>
  Share Topic