You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PL Season 20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 22>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 5:24am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Offside apparently
bizzare one. Looks like the only bit of him offside was the bit of him pointing to where he wants the ball to be going

Took a comment from one of the British tabloid websites. The comment is spot on. 

Offside has to go back to the position of the player's feet; this nonsense about the body (even the armpit) leaning into an offside position is utter nonsense; are they trying to cancel out all of the forward's guile? People pay to see goals. A forward will be naturally leaning towards goal, while the defender will naturally be moving away to play the offside trap, so this robs the forward when he makes a perfectly timed run. It's so much nonsense, and has made determining an offside decision almost impossible. The authorities have muddied the rule and made a simple game more complicated and harder to control.

I've a feeling I'm going to be in a minority here but I'm actually in favour of the arm being ruled offside. I know you can't score with your arm but you use it to propel yourself forward when running and that gives an advantage to the attacking player if their arm in an offside position.

I'll wait for the abuse LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 8:53am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Offside apparently
bizzare one. Looks like the only bit of him offside was the bit of him pointing to where he wants the ball to be going

Took a comment from one of the British tabloid websites. The comment is spot on. 

Offside has to go back to the position of the player's feet; this nonsense about the body (even the armpit) leaning into an offside position is utter nonsense; are they trying to cancel out all of the forward's guile? People pay to see goals. A forward will be naturally leaning towards goal, while the defender will naturally be moving away to play the offside trap, so this robs the forward when he makes a perfectly timed run. It's so much nonsense, and has made determining an offside decision almost impossible. The authorities have muddied the rule and made a simple game more complicated and harder to control.

I've a feeling I'm going to be in a minority here but I'm actually in favour of the arm being ruled offside. I know you can't score with your arm but you use it to propel yourself forward when running and that gives an advantage to the attacking player if their arm in an offside position.

I'll wait for the abuse LOL

Well that was the old rule regarding non-scoring parts of your body but for all I know this could be all gone and it's any part of your body. After Henderson's disallowed goal at Everton, they were saying on BT Sport that there's no such thing as being level anymore because Mane looked level there. 

That old rule should've stayed and I disagree and think forwards should be rewarded for timing their runs perfectly as long as the rest of their body stays onside. 

I think a great striker like Inzaghi would've had a hell of a lot of goals disallowed if he was playing today with VAR in place which would've been a shame. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 4:57pm
Its a joke. Full stop.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Its a joke. Full stop.

That's VAR for you.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 8:54pm
Liverpool still the team to beat, they’ll get away without VVD for most games and still have Thiago to come back in. Before today’s game I expected city to win given that Liverpool’s defence have been leaking goals. When I saw the teams named that changed, Liverpool still strong 

Chelsea are improving every week, their signings starting to gel. Wouldn’t surprise me if they put a title challenge together

City seem flat in a lot of games. Look at their scoring, 1 v Leeds, 1 v west ham, 1 v Liverpool, 1 v sheff United, what’s happened to the free scoring team who used to hammer teams. They’ll have to put a run together soon you would think

Spurs could be thereabouts too in a season that no team are over impressive so far
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 10:27pm
 A maximum of 4,000 fans will be allowed at outdoor events in the lowest-risk areas when the four-week lockdown in England ends on 2 December.

Up to 2,000 people will be allowed in tier two areas but none in tier three.

Indoor venues in tiers one and two can have a maximum of 1,000 spectators, with capacity across indoor and outdoor venues limited to 50%.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/55010011

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 7:44pm
Nuno Espírito Santo would be safer dropping Coady for any games against Liverpool if he wants to get anything 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 06 Dec 2020 at 7:44pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2020 at 12:19am
Doesn't sound like Ozil will be leaving Arsenal till the Summer if his reported £350,000 a week wages are true?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 7:22pm

Dreadful Manc Derby.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Dreadful Manc Derby.

Awful 

Man City have become very cautious this season.
There is no urgency to go out and win games.

One sub made by pep. He can’t complain about the 5 subs rule again.

For Man U that’s a good result. There are only 4 pts behind Spurs/Liverpool.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 9:19pm
You would almost think that Pep has morphed into Jose in the last year or so. He isn't a risk taker anymore to go out and try to blow teams away. Tonight's game reminded me of the one against Liverpool a few months ago, they seemed to settle for a draw a long time from the full time whistle. 

Very little to get excited about, but John Stones' return to form continues. Cue, he'll make a f**k up soon i suppose. 

Mahrez had the best chance from a City perspective. For all the talk from Tyler and Neville of how De Bruyne wasn't getting supported well enough by his team mates, i didn't think he was anywhere near his best. 

Not much for Liverpool, Spurs or Chelsea to fear there this evening in Manchester

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 9:35pm
must be an age thing..
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

You would almost think that Pep has morphed into Jose in the last year or so. 
Jose has morphed into Ron Atkinson circa 1992

If it wasn't for Covid he'd be bringing Spurs away for a few days relaxation at a hotel in East Anglia before a big FA Cup tie, with long games of cards, a few hot ports each night and everybody singing their party piece on stage to copious laughter 

And the whole thing would be featured on Sportsnight with Ray Stubbs remarking how much camaraderie existed within the squad

Jose would even get Stubbsy up on stage to do a duet of a Chas and Dave song with him
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 10:19pm
Actually Mourinho has now become "José"

Pep has become "Guardiola"
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 4:45pm
Another 2 points dropped by spurs today. Should have won that comfortably. 

Im sure Jose will be livid as Man U/City and Chelsea didn’t win this weekend.
Liverpool have a chance to pull away if they win today and beat spurs on Wed. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 7:03pm
Liverpool drop a couple of points in a game I could only see them winning

Strange season 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 13 Dec 2020 at 7:03pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Liverpool drop a couple of points in a game I could only see them winning

Strange season 

I still think Liverpool will win the EPL.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I still think Liverpool will win the EPL.

Going out on a limb there, DM Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 22>
  Share Topic