Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PL Season 20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 22>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

Leeds missing their best player and pretty much everyone signed for all that money in the Summer bar the one who cost the least.....can't be done at this level particularly for one finding it's way in it

I’ve read that four times and don’t follow at all 

Bar Kock (who looks very poor) he meant that Llorente, Rodrigo, Raphinha etc were all missing.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Leeds missing their best player and pretty much everyone signed for all that money in the Summer bar the one who cost the least.....can't be done at this level particularly for one finding it's way in it

I’ve read that four times and don’t follow at all 

Bar Kock (who looks very poor) he meant that Llorente, Rodrigo, Raphinha etc were all missing.

And Kalvin Philips .....4 international payers taken out of what is a relatively small squad anyway

Koch has been excellent for the most part but badly at fault for a couple last night........erros compounded by Bamford at the other end missing 2 gilt edged chances

Edited by gazurtoids - 03 Nov 2020 at 9:54am
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 10:04am
Koch was at fault for 2 goals on his debut against Liverpool also, if memory serves me right?

From what I've seen of Leeds, they're decent and will comfortably stay up but they have nowhere near a good enough squad to get anywhere near the top 6.

Meslier offers zero physical presence in goals also, I suspect teams will target him more and more as the season progresses.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 10:09am

Koch was at fault for 2 goals on his debut against Liverpool also, if memory serves me right?

From what I've seen of Leeds, they're decent and will comfortably stay up but they have nowhere near a good enough squad to get anywhere near the top 6.

Meslier offers zero physical presence in goals also, I suspect teams will target him more and more as the season progresses.

Was thinking that too

Leeds will be grand though, probably finish around 10th
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 10:28am
Agree fully re Leeds.

They're probably a bit unfortunate being in the PL this season as opposed to last season, given how poor the quality was last season and turmoil surrounding so many clubs! Leeds would of benefitted massively and could of pushed for Europe imo.

This year, they've no chance as most of the top 6 sides aswell as Wolves and Everton have invested heavily and look even stronger.

Edited by Green Devil - 03 Nov 2020 at 10:33am

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 10:37am
I'd be surprised if West Brom and Fulham are anywhere close to staying up. Leeds should be fine
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 10:58am

And Kalvin Philips .....4 international payers taken out of what is a relatively small squad anyway
Leicester were missing several internationals too, including Castagne, Evans and Pereira (and one or two others?)

Edited by Territorial - 03 Nov 2020 at 10:59am
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I'd be surprised if West Brom and Fulham are anywhere close to staying up. Leeds should be fine
Sounds about right.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 12:34pm
There’s potential for another Leicester season on the cards, obviously not a 5000/1 shot winning the league but I wouldn’t be surprised if a small club like Spurs ended up winning it! There is no stand out team this season. 

Edited by BrendanD88 - 03 Nov 2020 at 12:36pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

There’s potential for another Leicester season on the cards, obviously not a 5000/1 shot winning the league but I wouldn’t be surprised if a small club like Spurs ended up winning it! There is no stand out team this season. 

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2020 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Leicester are a very clinical team. Half the possession and half the amount of passes and still won 4-1.

When OTB interviewed Jimmy Dunne he was saying that when he played against Leicester they looked at the goals they conceded and couldn't see how they could have prevented them. No obvious errors, positioning reasonably good etc. The movement and passing was so quick. Think they scored 5 that day.  
4-2 RL , i did think they looked good on the day , but the Clarets had chances also .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 3:45pm

Offside apparently
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 4:00pm
Yep , offside all day in fact Leeds should have 38 points taken off them before the season has started . 
 Why ..................... Do you really need to ask Censored
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 4:24pm
I'm a big fan of Bielsa, he's a very good manager "but" I'm actually glad the media wankfest over Leeds is starting to quieten down a lot over the last few weeks.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 8:31pm

Offside apparently
bizzare one. Looks like the only bit of him offside was the bit of him pointing to where he wants the ball to be going
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 8:35pm

going to be quite the turnaround to keep Sheffield United from going down too. Similar squad (added Brewster, lost Henderson) and tactics as last year, but far less goals. Seems others have figured out their famous “overlapping centre backs”, not sure where they’re going to get goals from.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 9:45pm

Offside apparently
bizzare one. Looks like the only bit of him offside was the bit of him pointing to where he wants the ball to be going

Took a comment from one of the British tabloid websites. The comment is spot on. 

Offside has to go back to the position of the player's feet; this nonsense about the body (even the armpit) leaning into an offside position is utter nonsense; are they trying to cancel out all of the forward's guile? People pay to see goals. A forward will be naturally leaning towards goal, while the defender will naturally be moving away to play the offside trap, so this robs the forward when he makes a perfectly timed run. It's so much nonsense, and has made determining an offside decision almost impossible. The authorities have muddied the rule and made a simple game more complicated and harder to control.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 11:33pm

Offside apparently

That's exactly what it was, the rest of his body was not just in line but a few inches onside
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 22>
  Share Topic