Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PL Season 20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 22>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:54pm
Did Tyler say in the first half that Liverpool have never lost 5 home games in a row before in their history?
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:02pm
Yes.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:08pm
Liverpool are so predictable. I don’t know what’s wrong with them. Easy enough win for Chelsea. A tame Wijnaldum header with about 5 minutes left is the only effort I remember on target from Liverpool.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:10pm
Yet another record broken for the champions 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:11pm
When Solskjaer said in early January that not many teams go to Anfield and get a point, he wasn’t wrong.
Most go and get 3 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:19pm
The good news is that our home tie against Monster Energy Drinks Leipzig is back in Fortress Budapest

We've a 100% record there

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:21pm
Thiago was a total passenger again
Most underwhelming signing in many’s a year, so far 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:26pm
When's Van Dijk back? 

Chelsea look a lot better under Tuchel already and they're only 4 points off an inconsistent United. 

I expect Leicester to fall away but Chelsea have an excellent chance of finishing second. That draw for United at Chelsea is looking a better result tonight. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He has been bang average alright! Delighted with how that move has worked out so far! Going from a midfield partner in Kimmich to Curtis Jones is some downgrade in fairness.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

When's Van Dijk back? 

Chelsea look a lot better under Tuchel already and they're only 4 points off an inconsistent United. 

I expect Leicester to fall away but Chelsea have an excellent chance of finishing second. That draw for United at Chelsea is looking a better result tonight. 
Chelsea will finish second comfortably

Manchester United have a massive battle to finish top 4

Leicester have about six matches left which they should be picking up 3 points in each, Manchester United have only three "easy" matches

18 points might be enough for them to finish ahead of Manchester United

Everton have won three in a row but I don't trust them to be consistent enough, they have Chelsea away next which will knock them back

West Ham I think have the best fixture list, they could sneak in, and I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Manchester United at Old Trafford in 10 days 

MTK
Chelsea
Leicester 
West Ham

Four classic lower mid table to relegation struggling names there
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:40pm
You’d get some odds on that being the top 4 at end of the season 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He has been bang average alright! Delighted with how that move has worked out so far! Going from a midfield partner in Kimmich to Curtis Jones is some downgrade in fairness.

It went downhill since he got into the team. I dont think he suits the team.
I think our fast attack from back to front that was backed up by a very physical midfield was what we were all about. 
We have much more possession in midfield this season but not doing anything with it. 

Give me back henderson, fabhino and wijnaldum as the trio 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 8:36am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

When's Van Dijk back? 
He's not the problem when they've scored 2 goals in 6. Salah looks like he doesn't want to be there, Mane is playing like Sinama Pongolle
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 9:33am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Can anyone else hear Martin Tyler breathing heavily constantly on the Sky commentary? Very annoying.

I noticed that a month or so ago but just put it down to the very cold weather they had at the time. It was very noticeable.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 9:42am
Liverpool fans would have said that their front 3 was among the best in the world, if not the best before this season. Same would have been said of their keeper, fullbacks, and they added Thiago who was labelled one of the best midfielders in the world. 

Some drop off by them despite their injury problems
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 9:46am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Liverpool are so predictable. I don’t know what’s wrong with them. Easy enough win for Chelsea. A tame Wijnaldum header with about 5 minutes left is the only effort I remember on target from Liverpool.

There's probably multiple issues at present for them, including injuries of course, but the most noticeable thing is that they are persisting with a high defensive line despite no longer pressing the way they were doing. So in effect they have the worst of both worlds as a high line without the press, not to mention without the quick centre backs likes Van Djik and Gomez, leaves you very exposed. Not sure what has caused this but I'd say player burn out could well be the problem. They've played a very intense style of football for the past three or four seasons and it seems to have caught up with them at this point.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 10:08am
Could it not just be put down to Liverpool massively over performed / over achieved in the last 2 seasons with the squad they have. Was very unlikely the front 3 could replicate the kind of season they were having year after year same with the wing backs and number of assists they were getting 

Their squad as a whole has always been limited klopp had a heavy reliance on core group of maybe 16 players was always going to come a point they couldn't give anymore. 

The  VVD injury was big but I know alot were saying for last 18 months or so ago if anything would happen to him they be in trouble yet no backup was every bought in the numerous transfer windows. I also hear people mention matip been a loss due to injury but when you actually look at his stats he's missed something like 47% of the premiership games Liverpool have played during his time at the club so can't be relying solely on him to offer cover. I

t's going to be a big summer coming up for Liverpool in the transfer window as they do need to strengthen the squad if want to get back competing for the league imo and majority of the clubs above them in the table will plan to spend to improve their own squads. Liverpool owners policy on transfers holds them back in the area too as they use net spend as something to be proud of so in order to he able to sign someone in the window klopp probably going to have to sell someone to fund it 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2021 at 10:30am
I think every single goal conceded by Liverpool this season has been the opposition breaking through the high line. You would think we would adopt a different style. We still have good players all over the pitch who could adapt and then we try break down teams another way. Using Thiago while also using a high line doesn’t make sense for me. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 22>
  Share Topic