You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The No Sun Holiday 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 30>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Honest question. Please tell me how Kerry >Donegal? Please....
Killarney is a rip off. Over a fiver for a pint in some places. It's the type of place you'd see Americans with Aran Jumpers and Flat caps in a nightclub.

Kenmare is much nicer.
For me Kenmare is the poor relation in Kerry Killarney and Dingle would buy and sell Kenmare for me.
Kenmare can be a bit dead compared to the other 2.
The other 2 always have a great atmosphere and much more variety 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 3:52pm
The restrictions last august led to a water downed version of Kerry for me. Was a pain the hoop booking pubs and restaurants. Would only head back if the wet pubs were open and less of the restrictions as felt i packed it all in sightseeing wise. 

Not quite on BSMs wavelength but wouldnt be mad for searching out beach after beach especially if the weather is shoite etc. Just want the craic, bit of sights and pints!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The restrictions last august led to a water downed version of Kerry for me. Was a pain the hoop booking pubs and restaurants. Would only head back if the wet pubs were open and less of the restrictions as felt i packed it all in sightseeing wise. 

Not quite on BSMs wavelength but wouldnt be mad for searching out beach after beach especially if the weather is shoite etc. Just want the craic, bit of sights and pints!
Your last line nails it. 100s for towns offer this. None are any better then the other. 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 5:42pm

Your last line nails it. 100s for towns offer this. None are any better then the other. 

I wouldn't agree with that in fairness. There are certain towns that are much better set up for tourism than others and just have a general buzz about the place during the summer, whether it be families or a group of lads on the lash. You couldn't compare Killarney with Longford for example in my view. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I wouldn't agree with that in fairness. There are certain towns that are much better set up for tourism than others and just have a general buzz about the place during the summer, whether it be families or a group of lads on the lash. You couldn't compare Killarney with Longford for example in my view. 
Agree. How about Killarney and Bundoran? Or Kinsale and Carlingford? Westport and Galway?
If you are on a high stool with folk you like does it matter a fock which one you are in. Personally I like to go within 2 hrs of home. No need to travel further. Why would I want to spend 4/5 hrs going to Donegal or West Cork. Makes zero sense to me
Tribesman91 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:10pm
No need to leave the house at all man, bag of cans and Google earth will do the job
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:11pm

Agree. How about Killarney and Bundoran? Or Kinsale and Carlingford? Westport and Galway?
If you are on a high stool with folk you like does it matter a fock which one you are in. Personally I like to go within 2 hrs of home. No need to travel further. Why would I want to spend 4/5 hrs going to Donegal or West Cork. Makes zero sense to me

Then why even leave Rathfarnham?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Then why even leave Rathfarnham?

Thats a very good question son
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:26pm
LOLLOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:32pm
LOL
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:50pm
LOL
Chips don't bounce
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

More pubs, restaurants, scenery, things to do - it's a lot more popular. 

Go and drive around and you'll see Clap

How does Kerry have more scenery than Donegal LOL

It's more picturesque and there are a lot more places to visit etc...

There is a lot more on offer in Kerry than there is in Donegal.

I suppose what is more picturesque is subjective but I don't really see how Kerry is more or less picturesque than anywhere else along the west coast. I'd imagine there are just as many places to visit in Donegal as there is in Kerry. It's just Kerry is far better advertised and more popular than Donegal. It would be much better set up for large numbers of tourists too in fairness which is absolutely a valid reason to prefer going to Kerry. I just don't understand how Kerry can be considered more picturesque or have more scenery. They are both mountainous counties with rugged Atlantic coasts. 
That’s spot on I said the same earlier in this thread. There’s absolutely feck all invested in Donegal to push tourism apart from what local businesses are doing. Sure the yanks land in Dublin and are bussed down to Kerry to spend the time. Have heard of some great success stories last summer about small businesses so there’s definitely great potential . I’ve never seen the county as busy as last summer it was absolute madness at times. There’s very little difference if you went to any costal area down along the west coast 
They fly down on Aer Arann flights which are subsidised by your tax money so get it up ya 
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Killarney is a rip off. Over a fiver for a pint in some places. It's the type of place you'd see Americans with Aran Jumpers and Flat caps in a nightclub.

Kenmare is much nicer.
For me Kenmare is the poor relation in Kerry Killarney and Dingle would buy and sell Kenmare for me.
Kenmare can be a bit dead compared to the other 2.
The other 2 always have a great atmosphere and much more variety 
That would be correct. Jackal, if you don't like Americans & Aran jumpers you'd be best to avoid Kenmare as much as Killarney 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 9:15am

Agree with that. Will definitely go back when pubs reopen properly. It was a shame because Dingle looked like a great place for a session, pubs everywhere.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 9:19am
Had planned to head back to Dingle in April  - not happening now Cry
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 11:27am
Booked a few weeks in Airbnb's with friends, we've a week in Clifden in May and a week outside Arklow in August. Hot too hopeful of either at the moment
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 11:44am
Really want to do a few days in donegal. Some unbelievable spots in air B n B for good value.

Dying to get away to be honest and have a breather. Can't f**king wait for the sunshine to return. Longer evenings coming back  
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
DamoGUFC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 1:05pm
Clifden Clap

I live in Clifden so If ya need any info let me know.
Galway United,
My love,
My passion,
My Life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 30>
  Share Topic