You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The No Sun Holiday 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 30>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevj266 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 9:36am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Originally posted by kevj266 kevj266 wrote:

Heading Westport the weekend with a few mates. Anyone been recently? Is booking tables in pubs needed or are places taking walk ins? If we should book, any recommendations? Cheers. 

You're probably best off basing yourself out the quay, particular if it's dry. The Towers has a big beer garden and you'll probably get away with a few hours out there. After that for a "session" the Helm would probably be the best bet. They seem to get away with serving later than most and any time I've been past it there was loads of people with pints and no food. The beer garden in the Quays would be a good shout too. You will have to book though, going on how daft town was all July. 

Cheers lads, managed to get a few places booked. Cosy Joes Friday night, the towers for 3:30 Saturday and JJ O Malleys for 9:45 Saturday, no idea what we'll do in between. JJ O Malleys insisting we must order a main course meal once we arrive and last call will be 11, some bollocks. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:01am
I think the sooner people realise that its pubs that behave as restaurants that are open and not pubs as they were before.   

If you go in for a bite to eat and have 2 or 3 drinks like you would with a meal there are no issues.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I think the sooner people realise that its pubs that behave as restaurants that are open and not pubs as they were before.   

If you go in for a bite to eat and have 2 or 3 drinks like you would with a meal there are no issues.  

The issue is the rules make no sense. If the message was they don't want people being able to get drunk, then at least have the balls to say that. This nonsense about time limits and ordering meals has no basis in science. I dont know why pints without food isn't allowed. Guinness and food just don't mix. 

Im away im the west this week and i think I'll scream if another menu is put in front of me. 

Edited by Saint Tom - 06 Aug 2020 at 11:46am
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:48am

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Heading Westport the weekend with a few mates. Anyone been recently? Is booking tables in pubs needed or are places taking walk ins? If we should book, any recommendations? Cheers. 

You're probably best off basing yourself out the quay, particular if it's dry. The Towers has a big beer garden and you'll probably get away with a few hours out there. After that for a "session" the Helm would probably be the best bet. They seem to get away with serving later than most and any time I've been past it there was loads of people with pints and no food. The beer garden in the Quays would be a good shout too. You will have to book though, going on how daft town was all July. 

Cheers lads, managed to get a few places booked. Cosy Joes Friday night, the towers for 3:30 Saturday and JJ O Malleys for 9:45 Saturday, no idea what we'll do in between. JJ O Malleys insisting we must order a main course meal once we arrive and last call will be 11, some bollocks. 

I'd try the Quays but if the weather is nice a bag cans sitting at the pond would do the job. It's right beside the Towers. 
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

The issue is the rules make no sense. If the message was they don't want people being able to get drunk, then at least have the balls to say that. This nonsense about time limits and ordering meals has no basis in science. I dont know why pints without food isn't allowed. Guinness and food just don't mix. 

Im away im the west this week and i think I'll scream if another menu is put in front of me. 

Because you're more likely to go on a bender then, it's as simple as that. I would imagine most people would also drink a bit less while having food.

2 hours is enough for a meal and a drink or two, typically the amount of time you would spend in a restaurant.

If you have to have food, you're also less likely to move on to another place after your times is up in the first place

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 12:39pm

Guinness and oysters
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Because you're more likely to go on a bender then, it's as simple as that. I would imagine most people would also drink a bit less while having food.

2 hours is enough for a meal and a drink or two, typically the amount of time you would spend in a restaurant.

If you have to have food, you're also less likely to move on to another place after your times is up in the first place
Correct, I was left sitting in a pub for 4 hours one night, but as it was set out in restaurant style, we had our steak sandwich and chips, sat and had table service, it was a lot safer than if we were all up and down standing around the bar mingling.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 1:03pm

There was a lot of wasted food in Killarney last weekend.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 6:10pm
are we allowed go to Northie land on our joe holliers?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 9:23pm

there are limerick people who spend the whole summer in Kilkee and same with Lahinch.  Depends what you are into.  Cliffs in Kilkee are better than cliffs of moher and you don’t have to pay for them or Q up either.  
Went to the Kilkee cliffs today Clap lovely drive and no crowds 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

there are limerick people who spend the whole summer in Kilkee and same with Lahinch.  Depends what you are into.  Cliffs in Kilkee are better than cliffs of moher and you don’t have to pay for them or Q up either.  
beaches closed?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

beaches closed?
From today on I think Shocked only saw the news now
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 9:59pm
Has been on and off for the last two weeks.  Get yourself to.the white strand in doonbeg.  Great beach for a swim.   Doughmore nearby is a great beach for a walk but not suitable for swimming as too dangerous 
AKA pedantic kunt
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:06pm

Has been on and off for the last two weeks.  Get yourself to.the white strand in doonbeg.  Great beach for a swim.   Doughmore nearby is a great beach for a walk but not suitable for swimming as too dangerous 
Was there a few weeks ago for a swim...Lovely beach. In the holiday we ended up at 4 white strands for a swimLOL
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 10:59am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Was there a few weeks ago for a swim...Lovely beach. In the holiday we ended up at 4 white strands for a swimLOL
We've a house about 3k from there, grandparents grew up there, spent a lot of summers on that beach
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 1:23pm
baldrick beaches there a lot when he goes for a 'swim'.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

baldrick beaches there a lot when he goes for a 'swim'.

A bit of a surfer too by the sounds of it Clap
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 7:22pm
Booked a house in Renvlye in Connemara end of August. Anyone recommend much to do? Didn't see any resturants/pubs?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 30>
  Share Topic