You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many away games have you been to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

82 Holland
88 Stuttgart
88 Hanover
88 Gelsenkirchen
91 England
94 West Ham
94 NY/NJ
94 Orlando
94 NY/NJ
94 Orlando
95 Anfield
07 Slovakia
07 Czech
09 France
12 Poznan

So 15, I think. And about ten Rovers away games.
Talk about picking your games 😀😀😀😀
And EVERY home game from 1979-2012.

I maybe would have attended more away games if I wasnt too busy bringing grassroots kids teams away to tournaments all over Europe over the past twenty years you fcuking smug arsehole LOL

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 5:26am
Did a quick tally up there and got 26.
Can only imagine that this roughly breaks down as 10 trips to Georgia, 10 trips to Denmark and the rest being Wales.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 11:45am
37 incl 7 tournament games
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Deco View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 10:16pm
Been going to home games since the early 2000's, but away games took a little longer to come.

2013: London
2014: Glasgow
2015: Gibraltar via Portugal
Euro 2016: Paris, Bordeaux and Lille
2017: Wales
2018: Paris again
2019: Geneva

9 away trips (3 in the Euros) not a bad tally.
Let the Games begin ...
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 6:22pm
33 including five tournament games and an U21 game. First was Malta in 1999. Longest trip, New York in 2013 for Spain friendly.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2020 at 7:16pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

82 Holland
88 Stuttgart
88 Hanover
88 Gelsenkirchen
91 England
94 West Ham
94 NY/NJ
94 Orlando
94 NY/NJ
94 Orlando
95 Anfield
07 Slovakia
07 Czech
09 France
12 Poznan

So 15, I think. And about ten Rovers away games.
Talk about picking your games 😀😀😀😀
And EVERY home game from 1979-2012.

I maybe would have attended more away games if I wasnt too busy bringing grassroots kids teams away to tournaments all over Europe over the past twenty years you fcuking smug arsehole LOL

You forgot.riding all the milfs  and producing a steady stream of players . :)   

A bit touchy there gary :) 
AKA pedantic kunt
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 12:40am
Had to delve into the memory a bit there. 
But 43 away games for Ireland since I broke my duck in Paris '04

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 4:25pm
18 I reckon since 2012, that's including the euro finals

Edited by greenlad - 24 Apr 2020 at 4:31pm
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2020 at 4:48pm
First away was Paris '09 and most recent was Geneva last year, 13 aways in total including three matches at Euro 2012  and one at Euro 2016.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 4:22pm
Just seen a clip on FAI FB of Robinsons goal in Rotterdam in 1981. Seemed to be a large Irish crowd in De Kuip that night. Anyone there from here?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Just seen a clip on FAI FB of Robinsons goal in Rotterdam in 1981. Seemed to be a large Irish crowd in De Kuip that night. Anyone there from here?

My first away game.  I reckon about 5,000 and about half of that came from London (and other English cities).  Emigration was huge in those days.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

My first away game.  I reckon about 5,000 and about half of that came from London (and other English cities).  Emigration was huge in those days.
decent away crowd soClap
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

First was 1985, have missed a handful since thenLOL, but this thread reminds me of being on a train from Aarhauus to Copenhagen with Aido, listening to Pipkin on Liveline

Joe,,,,, So Z..., your an accountant, How much do you reckon you have spent watching Ireland on away Trips

Z..., Well Joe, I might be an Accountant, but I am not that good of an Accountant

Classic

Only responded how anyone here would Tongue

Some great memories reading this thread. My favourite trip was France 2016. It had everything including probably the 2 and a half best games of football we played in the decade. Great viewing the Two Shades RTÉ documentary on Sunday.

Plenty more to look forward to after this pandemic
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 10:21pm

Was chatting to two auld fellas who were at it and they reckoned there was around 6k away Irish fans at it. I was surprised at that high of a number for Irish away fans especially before the Charlton glory years. 

Would most of them been day trips or Irish working on the continent at the time? I assume flights would've been expensive enough.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 10:06am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Was chatting to two auld fellas who were at it and they reckoned there was around 6k away Irish fans at it. I was surprised at that high of a number for Irish away fans especially before the Charlton glory years. 

Would most of them been day trips or Irish working on the continent at the time? I assume flights would've been expensive enough.

auld fans and exaggerations eh? have you ever heard auld lads talk about Football or the GAA in the 60,70 and 80s? when you look back now the standard was donkey piss
SeanPeadir View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanPeadir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Some great memories reading this thread. My favourite trip was France 2016. It had everything including probably the 2 and a half best games of football we played in the decade. Great viewing the Two Shades RTÉ documentary on Sunday.

France was class. Good football memories, great weather, easy travel and big Irish crowds having the craic. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by SeanPeadir SeanPeadir wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

France was class. Good football memories, great weather, easy travel and big Irish crowds having the craic. 

Confused weather was sh*t

Paris - meh
Bordeuax sh*t bar matchday - note - the glorious sunshine the preceeding 2 weeks
Lille - sh*t
Lyon - decent
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 2:39pm
I got burnt alive in Lyon!
Here we go again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic