You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mick McCarthy sacked as Cardiff manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 24>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 12:04pm
lads, he is taking a 1 million euro bonus  for leaving his job early, from a financially crippled organisation. 

Leaving personal feelings aside, JD did it and got slaughtered for it. But to me it puts him in the same league as him. Another manager just dipping from the well. He got paid well enough to manage us. To take a bonus in good conscience is wrong

Like all of our ex managers, welfare of Irish football my bollix.
Sponsored Links

Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 12:09pm
can we move this thread to the ROTW section where McCarthy belongs. absolute creaming it he is! disgrace! 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

lads, he is taking a 1 million euro bonus  for leaving his job early, from a financially crippled organisation. 

Leaving personal feelings aside, JD did it and got slaughtered for it. But to me it puts him in the same league as him. Another manager just dipping from the well. He got paid well enough to manage us. To take a bonus in good conscience is wrong

LOL Comparing it to Delaney? Give over, ffs. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 12:15pm

If I’m not mistaken he was getting this payment when ever he left it was in the deal from day 1.
Nothing todo with going early.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

LOL Comparing it to Delaney? Give over, ffs. 
LOL A tad extreme 
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 12:19pm
any man who can take a lump sum from a crippled organisation is in league with Delaney

The crime is the same. 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Exit bonus was clearly negotiated to replace the original second campaign that was mooted before the succession idea came to the fore. 

Talk now the qualification bonus will be shared with Kenny if that's achieved. 

His contract is reported as 1.2m a year. His exit bonus reported as 1.13m. So effectively, they paid him for 2 campaigns, but specified that he would only have to work for one campaign. That's some shrewd negotiation tactics from the FAI there alright. 

The qualification bonus also reported as a million, to be split pro-rata between Mick & Stephen, if we qualify. Mick has played 8 games, Kenny will play a max of 2. Lets allow for the fact Kenny's (playoff) games are more difficult and say that bonus gets split 50/50. 

That's just short of €3 million for Mick, for a total of 10 games managed. Nearly €300k a game. 

Given the less frequent nature of international football V club football, Mick's contract, as agreed with FAI, is probably among the most lucrative out there for the workload. And yes, I'm aware of the fact the nature of the jobs differ, but when ya take into account that contracts for Mick & his staff were agreed by an organisation that was more or less insolvent, it really beggars all belief. 

Jesus, that is stark reading. 

But I'm still of the opinion that Mick will not take the full amount he's entitled to. I'll wait and see 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 12:35pm

any man who can take a lump sum from a crippled organisation is in league with Delaney

The crime is the same. 

Clap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 12:41pm

The crime is the same. 
The organisation crippled itself. I don’t think there is a single person involved with Irish football, past, present or future, that would have turned it down.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 12:52pm

Yep totally agree his only interest was money like all football managers Mick is no different yet some people here think he’s a great lad altogether. He’s also getting very little criticism from the media as everyone has to portray the image that we all love Mick.

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 06 Apr 2020 at 12:53pm
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 12:53pm

The crime is the same. 

There is no "crime", the FAI crippled itself through recklessness and frivolity. Mick had nothing to do with it and should not be expected to pick up the pieces for their mistakes. How can you blame someone for something they played no part in creating?
We're decent enough..
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

see the hungry **** asking for tickets to the euros if we qualify, lol. f**king buy your own you feckin robber. Worse than a bleedin plumber this ****LOL

Ignorance personified 

It’s his taking of the big hand out at the end, then looking for a freebie that annoyed me, but obviously he’s not just wants to be a fan I suppose. Nice to see he cares so much.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 1:17pm
love this. Can't blame Mick. I can't blame him for been offer d the money and contract , but I do blame him for taking the money in light of everything.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

can we move this thread to the ROTW section where McCarthy belongs. absolute creaming it he is! disgrace! 
Give over ffs, he played for and managed Ireland. He stays here where he belongs.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Give over ffs, he played for and managed Ireland. He stays here where he belongs.

Have lunch yet Sham?

Surprised at you rising to the bait. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Have lunch yet Sham?

Surprised at you rising to the bait. 
No, not long up, back on nights tomorrow so trying to prepare the sleep pattern.
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 3:27pm
The problem is not that Mick takes the payoff to which his contract entitles him but that such a ridiculous contract was agreed in the first place. It’s normal for a manager to get a pay off when their contract is terminated by the employer (MON RK) but not when it expires at the end of its term.  

The Robbie Keane contract is just as daft, possibly worse. You appoint managers and they have their backroom team. You don’t then pay 250K a year for someone else who has no job description and manager doesn’t particularly want.  Then again this is the FAI. Nothing against Robbie but it was some mess.  

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 3:31pm
Keane wasn't earning 250k a year.

"Keane, meanwhile, is understood to currently earn well short of the €250,000-a-year that has been reported"

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/potential-robbie-keane-exit-could-prove-costly-for-fai-1.4221480

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 24>
  Share Topic