Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish club managers thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 2:03pm
Swindon taking a punt on someone different rather than picking from the usual managerial merrygoround in England
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

A well regarded coach. That seems to be a phrase thrown around an awful lot these days. Im not saying he isnt by the way.

Managers have to get their first jobs somewhere. Plenty have coached at clubs before they move to take their first managerial job. Brendan Rodgers being a good example. 
Would have heard him talked about a lot as being a promising coach at Chelsea and that's just because I knew of people who would have known him. You can imagine clubs would be doing a lot more homework and would be more than aware of people with good reputations. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2023 at 2:23pm
True but if its your club you want to see some sort of body of work before he takes over. Assistant manager etc. There is no right or wrong formula but they would be taking a bit of a chance especially as they are in the play off places for L1. 

Edited by doherty - 17 Jan 2023 at 2:24pm
I love beer gardens
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 9:12pm
RIP Jim Goodwin
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

RIP Jim Goodwin

Goodwin seems to alienate people wherever he goes, it's hard to feel too sorry for him. Oh yeah, and he has a funny accent Big smile
We're decent enough..
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 1:32pm
Sounds like Mick McCarthy is going to be the manager of Blackpool till the end of the season.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Sounds like Mick McCarthy is going to be the manager of Blackpool till the end of the season.
donkey rides on the beach?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

donkey rides on the beach?

Same as the ones on the pitch really 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

RIP Jim Goodwin

3-0 down at Hibs at half time. And Hibs only have about 13 fit senior players and have had to fill the bench with kids. Probably the end for Goodwin at Aberdeen.

Edited by You Tell Me - 28 Jan 2023 at 3:50pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 4:52pm
6-0 down now. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

6-0 down now. 
If Hibs are beating you 6. Forget about it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 5:03pm
It's not even a good Hibs team by their own standards, they're having a poor season also.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 5:04pm
He may as well just start packing his desk up. 
I love beer gardens
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 5:20pm
I'm surprised they didn't sack him after they got knocked out of the Scottish cup by a junior team from like the sixth tier.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 5:25pm
Completey imploded in recent times. His position is now untenable and he's probably doing serious damage to his prospects of getting another SPL job with this succession of results.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

He may as well just start packing his desk up. 

Won't even get the chance to. Sacked at Easter Road within 20 minutes of the final whistle. Does he have to find his own way home now or will he still hitch a lift to Aberdeen on the team bus?!
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 5:43pm
Kevin Maher who represented Ireland at U17 and U21 level being linked with the Oxford United job in L1 and a few L2 jobs. He's done an amazing job with Southend, pulled them out of relegation from the national league last season and has them in them fighting for playoffs this year.

The background to this is that Southend were relegated from league 1 in 2020 under Sol Campbell and relegated from league 2 in 2021 under Phil 'Mahogany' Brown, after 101 years in the league. The players have not been paid since December and the owner has until the end of the month to settle a 2 million tax bill for unpaid PAYE. The stadium is in bits and is rented off the owner's property company while he's been trying to sell the site for 15 years and build a new stadium.

dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 5:57pm
Mick on the chopping board now surely
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic