You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finland away October 13th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

I honestly don’t see away fans being allowed if these games go ahead with any fans in attendance 

Would that mean an amendment to UEFA rules? It sounds logical but potentially unworkable and if UEFA are going to go down that route they are setting a precedent for the euros which they’ll look to avoid. 
Sponsored Links

Éire2206 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Éire2206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

I honestly don’t see away fans being allowed if these games go ahead with any fans in attendance 

Would that mean an amendment to UEFA rules? It sounds logical but potentially unworkable and if UEFA are going to go down that route they are setting a precedent for the euros which they’ll look to avoid. 
l think UEFA won’t change the rules but the fai may decline the allocation on public health advice from the government
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Éire2206 Éire2206 wrote:

l think UEFA won’t change the rules but the fai may decline the allocation on public health advice from the government
That’s more plausible alright but if the FAI announce that its unsafe to travel to country A yet sending their players to it is it not sending mixed messages? Willing to put their players at risk but not the supporters..

Also, if papers are to be believed they are hoping for 15-20k in the stadium in September yet they say they don’t want fans travelling?

To avoid questions being raised like the above, they’d be best off going along with UEFA rules and saying nothing.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 3:26pm

That’s more plausible alright but if the FAI announce that its unsafe to travel to country A yet sending their players to it is it not sending mixed messages? Willing to put their players at risk but not the supporters..

Also, if papers are to be believed they are hoping for 15-20k in the stadium in September yet they say they don’t want fans travelling?

To avoid questions being raised like the above, they’d be best off going along with UEFA rules and saying nothing.

I think there’s a big difference on what the players will be doing and what the fans will be doing 

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:04pm
If we are permitted to attend I assume it'll be played at their newly renovated Olympic Stadium which is due to be ready in August? 

(Unless the coronavirus delayed the renovations)
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:46pm
Booked outbound via Luton and St Petersburg for €35 on the off chance fans are allowed to this
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

If we are permitted to attend I assume it'll be played at their newly renovated Olympic Stadium which is due to be ready in August? 

(Unless the coronavirus delayed the renovations)

Looks like opening is going ahead as scheduled according to an article from yesterday 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Booked outbound via Luton and St Petersburg for €35 on the off chance fans are allowed to this
I hope for your sake fans aren’t allowed LOL

Edited by Pipkin - 27 Jun 2020 at 10:04pm
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 10:16pm

I think there’s a big difference on what the players will be doing and what the fans will be doing 

You’d like to think so anyway!

There are so many different variables - what’s the story with quarantine for the teams - is it just waived because there’s an international football match.. lots for the Associations to figure out over the next few months and I won’t be booking anything until closer the time and there is more clarity.

The only thing certain is that no way will all matches be played as scheduled over the coming months. There are too many variables
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 8:43am
So many questions hang over all our games home and away , now the players are checked twice a week for covid so cant see a problem there as for the fans anything is possible .
For myself my flights were never canned for Helsinki so as it stands we are still on for flying no matter what happens , now on the other hand at present i still have to take 14 days at home after going overseas and the company i work for says this has to be taken out of my own holidays . Now come Oct this maybe set to all change who knows i just have a feeling that this virus will be back with a bang come winter again like the flu .
One thing for sure is i have not booked anything for Brat as i got my money back for flights and i am in no hurry to book anything . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 9:05pm
KLM pulled one of my flights for Helsinki , so i would say that's the end of that one now . 

Pi$$ed off i must say as i have now got nothing trip wise to look forward to .
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

KLM pulled one of my flights for Helsinki , so i would say that's the end of that one now . 

Got an email earlier and they only changed my AMS to Dublin leg. Its just 2 hours later now. No word on any other leg of the trip.

Edited by Sham157 - 08 Jul 2020 at 9:47pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Got an email earlier and they only changed my AMS to Dublin leg. Its just 2 hours later now. No word on any other leg of the trip.
 Ours was Helsinki to Amsterdam , kind of the last straw so feed up with it all as our summer hols in Monty went up in smoke on Tuesday .
So cashing in my chips and leaving the table as dont think i will travel to any away game this year .
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 7:47pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Ours was Helsinki to Amsterdam , kind of the last straw so feed up with it all as our summer hols in Monty went up in smoke on Tuesday .
So cashing in my chips and leaving the table as dont think i will travel to any away game this year .
The refund option is valid up until departure date, so you can request it anytime between now and then. sh*t hits the fan the day before, can still cancel with a refund. No brainer unless you defo dont want to go.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 9:01pm
Just sick of it all Sham if i am honest as it's the hope that kills you .

Just need a month  or two when i am not fighting with airlines and hotels trying to get my money back . 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 11:14pm
fair enough
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 12:05am
Madness booking hotels and flights over the last few months.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Madness booking hotels and flights over the last few months.  
Had them all booked prior to Covid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic