You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 820821822823824 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 7:23pm
trap must have a Roy Keane shaped voodoo doll 😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

trap must have a Roy Keane shaped voodoo doll 😀😀
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Scientists: Restrict your move movements, lock downs are needed, the world is f*cked.

TJ: Yes we need to listen to the scientist.

Scientists: Time to end restrictions and get on with our lives.

TJ: No, what do scientists know? We must still stay at home unless it's really really really really really important like going to a roundabout.

The irony of this is that I'm after testing positive this evening. 
Happy independence Day folks. 
Sorry but LOL

Speedy recoveryThumbs Up
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

It's mad how covid precautions have changed everyday things. 

For example, with my new baby and making funny faces at her, I'm cautious not to stick out my tongue and make fart noises with it as I don't want to be sending any saliva droplets her way. 
Or giving her a little kiss I would do it away from her mouth, nose, eyes but just on the head. 

I think social distancing being ripped up I think I would still not feel right with people up my arse in queues. 

Will be awhile before we are fully back to the mindset we were in pre-covid

If this from one of your life is good episodes after giving your Mrs a cream pie while you sit back and sip on a can?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

People looking for tax credits for sitting at home watching Netflix and thinking they’re heroes. Laughable stuff.

Many of those people were sitting at home because they were told to do that, as they had lost their job. At least the medics had somewhere to go and something to focus on every day. 

Any loosening of restrictions, in this or any other country earlier than anticipated, is an admission that the restrictions imposed because of Omicron were embarrassingly ott. Instead of handing out tax credits, it would be more appropriate to apologise to the nation for cancelling Christmas and kicking thousands of people out of work, based on wildly inaccurate projections. South Africa deserve an apology also for all the flight cancellations, and draconian restrictions imposed on anyone who was or came from there.

The Department of Hardship conceded last week that the 500,000 cases and other projections they make, is based primarily on "educated guesswork" aka they haven't a clue. South Africa told us from Day 1 that Omicron was not a damaging variant, but we didn't listen to them. If it was the first variant rather than the latest variant, we would have accepted that it was nothing worse than a run of the mill winter flu bug as we used to with no restrictions to endure, rather than the killer plague it was portrayed, when it was merely as lethal to most people as toilet paper. 

If only you were in Government the last 2 years. Oh how our lives would have been different. Such tripe people trot out.

In fairness, what do you disagree with in his above post?
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 9:00pm
It’s the equivalent of Giles and Dunphy analysing a game after the match saying where the manager went wrong. It’s post game analysis.   

AKA pedantic kunt
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 9:47pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 11:07pm

People looking for tax credits for sitting at home watching Netflix and thinking they’re heroes. Laughable stuff.

Many of those people were sitting at home because they were told to do that, as they had lost their job. At least the medics had somewhere to go and something to focus on every day. 

Any loosening of restrictions, in this or any other country earlier than anticipated, is an admission that the restrictions imposed because of Omicron were embarrassingly ott. Instead of handing out tax credits, it would be more appropriate to apologise to the nation for cancelling Christmas and kicking thousands of people out of work, based on wildly inaccurate projections. South Africa deserve an apology also for all the flight cancellations, and draconian restrictions imposed on anyone who was or came from there.

The Department of Hardship conceded last week that the 500,000 cases and other projections they make, is based primarily on "educated guesswork" aka they haven't a clue. South Africa told us from Day 1 that Omicron was not a damaging variant, but we didn't listen to them. If it was the first variant rather than the latest variant, we would have accepted that it was nothing worse than a run of the mill winter flu bug as we used to with no restrictions to endure, rather than the killer plague it was portrayed, when it was merely as lethal to most people as toilet paper. 

Great post this 9
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Sorry but LOL

Speedy recoveryThumbs Up

A couple of days of Lemsip, and he'll be grand. 

We relaxed the restrictions 6 months after the brits did. Of course we did it in the depths of winter rather than the height of summer, so there will soon be another massive spike, and I think the restrictions will all be back before Paddy's Day. Until we can send all the masks into the nearest skip, we can't relax and we're not back to normal. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 11:33pm
By "back to normal" tomorrow, do they mean pre-2020 closing times for pubs and nightclubs, unlimited capacity, dancing and standing at the bar? 

Basically, like it was in Feb 2020?
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 11:53pm

Great post, can’t disagree with any of that.

For what it’s worth, my criticism of the Netflix viewers relates to the public sector workers and people unaffected by Covid who happily sat at home thinking they were heroes.

Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 11:57pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 11:58pm
One of these days you’re going to post a funny Gif Neil, today is not the day. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 2:01am
I wonder what will all the anti restriction/ anti vaxxers do with their free time now? 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 4:31am
Go back to what they were doing before; racism, xenophobia, etc.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 6:25am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

One of these days you’re going to post a funny Gif Neil, today is not the day. 

LOL
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 6:42am
Over 3500 COVID deaths recorded in the US yesterday, Tis hard enough to believe we’re out of the woods just yet. 

That said it’s great to see the excitement about reopening, from pubs and clubs to just people looking forward to being able to see larger family and friend groups. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 8:11am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Over 3500 COVID deaths recorded in the US yesterday, Tis hard enough to believe we’re out of the woods just yet. 

That said it’s great to see the excitement about reopening, from pubs and clubs to just people looking forward to being able to see larger family and friend groups. 

The power of the vaccine programme.  Before anyone is congratulating planning on his post above this is a poster who has consistantly underplayed the severity of the disease since the beginning.  We are opening because of our vaccine takeup simple as that. 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 820821822823824 839>
  Share Topic