You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 819820821822823 839>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

2029 and Ireland will be the only country where you still have to wear a mask everywhere.

I don’t get the issue with masks.  Many countries in Asia use them as part of every day life in public settings.  

The ignorance of how the rest of the world is treating this in that post above is mind boggling. 

They've done that for decades for a multitude of reasons. Mostly air pollution, which is a massive problem over there. I don't think it's a strong comparison TBH.
Based on my experience spending time in China, it wasn't due to air pollution but was to stop the spread of viruses etc. I specifically asked a work colleague one day as was curious. 

Edited by Borussia - 21 Jan 2022 at 11:56am
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 12:07pm
Personal choice on mask wearing should be the option.......the cotton ones are very adaptable and can also be used as budgie smugglers on your holiers.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Scientists: Restrict your move movements, lock downs are needed, the world is f*cked.

TJ: Yes we need to listen to the scientist.

Scientists: Time to end restrictions and get on with our lives.

TJ: No, what do scientists know? We must still stay at home unless it's really really really really really important like going to a roundabout.

Funny because it’s true LOL
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 12:18pm
I think I’ll continue to wear masks. I thought social distancing in shops was good. Nice to have a bit of space in queues. I hop shaking hands is finished also.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 12:35pm
yeah there is a lot of personal space invaders in this country.  Nothing to do with COVID but arseholes right up close and personal in a Q should be sent to the walkinstown roundabout for a month.

Edited by Baldrick - 21 Jan 2022 at 12:35pm
AKA pedantic kunt
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 12:39pm
It's mad how covid precautions have changed everyday things. 

For example, with my new baby and making funny faces at her, I'm cautious not to stick out my tongue and make fart noises with it as I don't want to be sending any saliva droplets her way. 
Or giving her a little kiss I would do it away from her mouth, nose, eyes but just on the head. 

I think social distancing being ripped up I think I would still not feel right with people up my arse in queues. 

Will be awhile before we are fully back to the mindset we were in pre-covid
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

For example, with my new baby and making funny faces at her, I'm cautious not to stick out my tongue and make fart noises with it as I don't want to be sending any saliva droplets her way. 
Or giving her a little kiss I would do it away from her mouth, nose, eyes but just on the head. 

I think social distancing being ripped up I think I would still not feel right with people up my arse in queues. 

Are you for real?  Ffs. Give your baby all the love and affection you would normally have.  Don’t let COVID have legacy impacts it doesn’t deserve to have. 

Edited by Baldrick - 21 Jan 2022 at 1:05pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 1:08pm

Are you for real?  Ffs. Give your baby all the love and affection you would normally have.  Don’t let COVID have legacy impacts it doesn’t deserve to have. 
Exactly 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 1:10pm
You'd be surprised how many people in queues are too stupid to understand how far you're supposed to stand back. I've had a couple of older people have a go at me even with signs everywhere showing them in bright colours what the required distances are.

I'd say the majority of the time I have people right up my arse in queues, particularly younger people, and I leave them to it.

I'm not going to get into a barmy over it every time it happens or it would be happening all the time.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 1:16pm

2029 and Ireland will be the only country where you still have to wear a mask everywhere.

I don’t get the issue with masks.  Many countries in Asia use them as part of every day life in public settings.  

The ignorance of how the rest of the world is treating this in that post above is mind boggling. 
Do ya not think the masks are a pain in the hole? Popping into a shop for 10mns is one thing, but indoors any longer than that and I can't stand them
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Do ya not think the masks are a pain in the hole? Popping into a shop for 10mns is one thing, but indoors any longer than that and I can't stand them

Sounds like you are wearing them wrong 😀😀😀

AKA pedantic kunt
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 1:33pm

And the stares of judgement if you forget them ONE time or have to go into a shop to buy one. 

The amount of times I've had to traipse back to the house after walking for ten or fifteen minutes because I forgot to bring one and I don't want people acting the maggot.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 1:34pm
Keeping masks for the next few months in crowded spaces i think is the sensible thing to do. See how it pans out with lifting the rest of restrictions before we go all out. I suspect a lot of people will just stop wearing them anyway in the next few weeks. It will pribably go that way.
I love beer gardens
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 1:52pm

I might give her a handshake now restrictions are removed.
Ah no, I am not saying I never give her that attention, just a lot more cautious about it so not as slobbering over her as previous child. But your right, I should. 

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 2:55pm

And the stares of judgement if you forget them ONE time or have to go into a shop to buy one. 

The amount of times I've had to traipse back to the house after walking for ten or fifteen minutes because I forgot to bring one and I don't want people acting the maggot.

Do shops not have spares in case people forget them?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

People looking for tax credits for sitting at home watching Netflix and thinking they’re heroes. Laughable stuff.

Many of those people were sitting at home because they were told to do that, as they had lost their job. At least the medics had somewhere to go and something to focus on every day. 

Any loosening of restrictions, in this or any other country earlier than anticipated, is an admission that the restrictions imposed because of Omicron were embarrassingly ott. Instead of handing out tax credits, it would be more appropriate to apologise to the nation for cancelling Christmas and kicking thousands of people out of work, based on wildly inaccurate projections. South Africa deserve an apology also for all the flight cancellations, and draconian restrictions imposed on anyone who was or came from there.

The Department of Hardship conceded last week that the 500,000 cases and other projections they make, is based primarily on "educated guesswork" aka they haven't a clue. South Africa told us from Day 1 that Omicron was not a damaging variant, but we didn't listen to them. If it was the first variant rather than the latest variant, we would have accepted that it was nothing worse than a run of the mill winter flu bug as we used to with no restrictions to endure, rather than the killer plague it was portrayed, when it was merely as lethal to most people as toilet paper. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

People looking for tax credits for sitting at home watching Netflix and thinking they’re heroes. Laughable stuff.

Many of those people were sitting at home because they were told to do that, as they had lost their job. At least the medics had somewhere to go and something to focus on every day. 

Any loosening of restrictions, in this or any other country earlier than anticipated, is an admission that the restrictions imposed because of Omicron were embarrassingly ott. Instead of handing out tax credits, it would be more appropriate to apologise to the nation for cancelling Christmas and kicking thousands of people out of work, based on wildly inaccurate projections. South Africa deserve an apology also for all the flight cancellations, and draconian restrictions imposed on anyone who was or came from there.

The Department of Hardship conceded last week that the 500,000 cases and other projections they make, is based primarily on "educated guesswork" aka they haven't a clue. South Africa told us from Day 1 that Omicron was not a damaging variant, but we didn't listen to them. If it was the first variant rather than the latest variant, we would have accepted that it was nothing worse than a run of the mill winter flu bug as we used to with no restrictions to endure, rather than the killer plague it was portrayed, when it was merely as lethal to most people as toilet paper. 

If only you were in Government the last 2 years. Oh how our lives would have been different. Such tripe people trot out.
I love beer gardens
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Scientists: Restrict your move movements, lock downs are needed, the world is f*cked.

TJ: Yes we need to listen to the scientist.

Scientists: Time to end restrictions and get on with our lives.

TJ: No, what do scientists know? We must still stay at home unless it's really really really really really important like going to a roundabout.

The irony of this is that I'm after testing positive this evening. 
Happy independence Day folks. 
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 819820821822823 839>
  Share Topic