You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 774775776777778 839>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Pause for thought 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/10/stringent-uk-covid-measures-needed-within-a-week-leak-reveals?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

nobody gives a sh*t over here. i was out last night, the pubs and restaurants were packed to the rafters.

sadly an almighty surge is underway here with nearly 60k cases in past 24hrs. there's signs from south africa that the exponential growth of the variant looks to be over however the uk is about 4 weeks behind SA. there's likely to be chaotic scenes in hospitals in a few weeks, bojo has made an absolute pigs ear of things.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 4:01am
Omicron doubling in Scotland every 2.3 days which is an 8 times increase in 1 week and by 64 over 2 weeks if there’s no slowdown.

Their hospital numbers between now and New Year will be a trend to watch.

Our government telling folk returning from UK for Christmas to self test seems a bit of a weak response.

Edited by Dalymount79 - 11 Dec 2021 at 4:02am
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 5:53pm
Hospital numbers down 30 today and we aren't even close to being near NPHET's most optimistic projections and Tony and the lads still spouting the concern and 2 weeks to save ChristmasClap 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Hospital numbers down 30 today and we aren't even close to being near NPHET's most optimistic projections and Tony and the lads still spouting the concern and 2 weeks to save ChristmasClap 
Nphets optimistic estimate for December was 200,000 cases commutes to approx 6,450 per day, while actual per day so far in December is 4,450. Nphets optimistic estimate is out by only a mere 2,000 cases per day.....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 7:09pm
Tony has the limelight. He wont let that go while he can now be some sort of national hero and gloss over the cervical smear test cover up. A f**king gangster like the rest of them.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 8:17pm
Their get out of jail card will be omicron. It seems it'll only be a matter of time before it overwhelms the health service when NPHET will turn around and say see told you so. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 8:25pm
And we forget all the previous mismanagement in the HSE, including but not limited to, 12hr+waiting in A&E, years long waiting lists for routine treatment and surgeries, corridors full of trolleys, people just dying in said corridors and going unnoticed, when I say people i mean the elderly etc. Hospital closures, hours long Ambulance waits around the country, botched procedures, cover ups, multi million payouts of taxpayers money to compensate the f**k ups. 

Its all grand though, my granda voted FF or FG so ill do the same...repeat repeat
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Their get out of jail card will be omicron. It seems it'll only be a matter of time before it overwhelms the health service when NPHET will turn around and say see told you so. 
Nope, the December case models of 200k &400k were in the public domain before the emergence of Omicron.Even, they wouldnt try that. But they are using the arrival of omicron now to suit their agenda...
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

And we forget all the previous mismanagement in the HSE, including but not limited to, 12hr+waiting in A&E, years long waiting lists for routine treatment and surgeries, corridors full of trolleys, people just dying in said corridors and going unnoticed, when I say people i mean the elderly etc. Hospital closures, hours long Ambulance waits around the country, botched procedures, cover ups, multi million payouts of taxpayers money to compensate the f**k ups. 

Its all grand though, my granda voted FF or FG so ill do the same...repeat repeat
But sure this is why Paul Reid is on 420k pa Clap
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 2:39am

And a vote for SF is a vote to bankrupt the country, ignoring the fact that FF literally did bankrupt the country!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 3:22am
re case numbers: the 4.5k average is identified +ve pcr tests so doesn’t include those that were never tested. The 6.5k number doesn’t look inaccurate in that light.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 3:29am

The age profile of SF voters in the last general would suggest your last comment is inaccurate or less relevant in the last election. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

The age profile of SF voters in the last general would suggest your last comment is inaccurate or less relevant in the last election. 
A slowly turning tide, but my comment was more a general ine covering the last couple of decades as a whole.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

re case numbers: the 4.5k average is identified +ve pcr tests so doesn’t include those that were never tested. The 6.5k number doesn’t look inaccurate in that light.
Maybe, but you are assuming that the 'never tested' were included as a risk factor in the modelling analysis. Do you know this ? And what other factors were included in the modelling projections ? 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

And a vote for SF is a vote to bankrupt the country, ignoring the fact that FF literally did bankrupt the country!

At very least it’s a vote to repeat 2004-2008. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 4:27pm

Is there already a thread on Covid benefits? 

1) I sometimes unintentionally talk out loud to myself in public, so the mask is providing a good cover for my affliction. I’m able to wander around the shops yapping away to my hearts content.

2) Another one is the lack of client events at Xmas this year. Normally it’s a ball ache having to head to a few poxy evenings held on a Tuesday or Wednesday with stilted awkward conversations. The danger of getting gargled to alleviate the boredom at these things is real too. 

3) The masks also provide a good cover so you don’t have to smell peoples breath if they do get close. 

4) The end of handshakes. I always hated getting someone’s disease riddled greasy cold wet hand slapped across mine at a gathering such as a funeral or wedding. 

El Puto Amo
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 7:45pm
Question:  I got my 2nd dose 5 months ago.   That doesn't qualify me to go to a booster walk in centre does it?  I presume I have to be be called or texted?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 7:58pm
walk in is over 50s at the moment.  

However I think they will do walk in over 40s soon and so on. 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 774775776777778 839>
  Share Topic