You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 773774775776777 839>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 12:28pm
Once we keep the school kids outta nightclubs we’ll be a1 Clap
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Heading to Galway next Sunday for a couple of nights. Looking forward to strolling around the Xmas Markets and a few pints.
If there was ever an excuss to stay in that that was it Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 12:18pm
Anyone know if you get a new EU covid pass when you have had your 3rd  ? Or what you get to show the date of your third the 3rd jab ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Anyone know if you get a new EU covid pass when you have had your 3rd  ? Or what you get to show the date of your third the 3rd jab ?

Just was given a card on Saturday saying that i had the booster , now if i hear anymore i will let you know but i expect something from the HSE
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 1:22pm

Not in the plan yet.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Just was given a card on Saturday saying that i had the booster , now if i hear anymore i will let you know but i expect something from the HSE

This the same panic merchant who was throwing a strop on here he wasn’t going to be the last to get a vaccine and now he has had the booster and it’s not even Christmas 😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 4:45pm

The EU health ministers met last month. Greece wants new covid certs for everyone. It wasn't agreed.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 7:43pm
Went for an antibody test at the weekend and got the results there.

Traces of natural immunity found which indicates i had the bug in some way shape or form in the past (no sickness of real note last two years. Odd slight headache and sore throat but nothing to stop my day) and my vaccine antibodies (Pfizer) are strong. 

Compared results with a pal who got the J&J and he has no defence whatsoever.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 8:05pm
With over 90% of the adult population double vaccinated and icu numbers dropping. Even if there is a surge of more cases later it shouldn't be too difficult to manage. 

I think they should open up the private hospitals and have them ready for any excess ICU needs. These beds can be for the unvaccinated and they can pay for their care. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Traces of natural immunity found which indicates i had the bug in some way shape or form in the past (no sickness of real note last two years. Odd slight headache and sore throat but nothing to stop my day) and my vaccine antibodies (Pfizer) are strong. 

How did you get that test done? Is it totally accurate or is there any margin for error? 

I'd imagine there are thousands like yourself that could have gotten it without ever knowing. You are the unsung heroes of the pandemic 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

How did you get that test done?

Randox. Same place as PCR. 

Is it totally accurate or is there any margin for error? 

I dont know. I was told it is very accurate and it's blood sample so guessing it reads better than your spit. 

I'd imagine there are thousands like yourself that could have gotten it without ever knowing. You are the unsung heroes of the pandemic 

Gimp LOL

AS YOU WERE McGx

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 10:24pm

How did you get that test done? Is it totally accurate or is there any margin for error? 

I work with a lad who got the anti body test as part of hse research or something along those lines. Confirmed he had the virus months beforehand based on antibodies he had. Showed zero symptoms, didn’t have 1 day he felt unwell. The way we work, you’d think he’d have spread it to at least 20/30 people over any 2 week period. I’ve no doubt vast majority of population have had it at some stage over last 2 years.

Between vaccinations and those with antibodies from getting it, there should be zero restrictions. Hospitals are no busier than bad flu times. Vast majority of people in icu with Covid are unvaccinated (don’t believe in mandatory vaccinations - but don’t agree with restrictions to protect those that choose not to get vaccinated - I know some “can’t” get vaccinated, but those numbers are small).

Time will look back on this and say what an over reaction!!
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 12:52am

With over 90% of the adult population double vaccinated and icu numbers dropping. Even if there is a surge of more cases later it shouldn't be too difficult to manage. 

I think they should open up the private hospitals and have them ready for any excess ICU needs. These beds can be for the unvaccinated and they can pay for their care. 

I don't know why this idea hasn't gained more traction (at least the idea of making the vaccine refusers pay for hospital treatment and not just in Ireland). Clap
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 8:04am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

I don't know why this idea hasn't gained more traction (at least the idea of making the vaccine refusers pay for hospital treatment and not just in Ireland). Clap

At this stage, if it means getting rid of restrictions, it doesn’t seem the worst idea.

But where do you draw the line? People that have self inflicted lung cancer from smoking, those with liver damage from drinking too much, unhealthy fat people who don’t do exercise and have a bad diet with self inflicted heart/ diabetes issues, etc? Do these all pay for their own hospital treatment too? 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

At this stage, if it means getting rid of restrictions, it doesn’t seem the worst idea.

But where do you draw the line? People that have self inflicted lung cancer from smoking, those with liver damage from drinking too much, unhealthy fat people who don’t do exercise and have a bad diet with self inflicted heart/ diabetes issues, etc? Do these all pay for their own hospital treatment too? 
most do already via tax and private health policies. them unhealthy folk - well they die younger anyway so less government pension for them and the smokers \ drinkers pay a lot of tax on the smokes / gargle.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 8:47am
Gary Dempsey lads.... think he may have headed a leather ball too often.
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 9:54am

Gary Dempsey lads.... think he may have headed a leather ball too often.
blocked the f**ker.  Unreal
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2021 at 8:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 773774775776777 839>
  Share Topic