You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 772773774775776 839>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 8:05pm
On a positive note, good to see Leo Varadkar bullish about next summer, saying we won't be as cautious
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

It's incredible. Sham nailed it - Holohan the JD of NPHET. 
He was quoted last year saying he thinks there should be restrictions every year for flu (will try find exact quote). He is a long time opponent of our pub culture too. Not sure how hospitality can take this so easily. 
Holohan said all restrictions are based on Delta, not Omicron. As has been pointed out, all figures going in the right way except primary schools. The schools are safe mantra is coming back to bite them and they are doubling down. They can't introduce widespread antigen or hepa filters because if they work, that's proof they got it wrong. I think it's fair to ask if these guys are putting their reputations ahead of public health. Why else would you ignore advice from ventilation experts and side with "the group we take our advice from (Amarak)". 
Like, if WHO, the CDC and the EMA say use Hepa filters and Amarak say no, surely you go with majority and don't take the risk? What's to lose? It would cost the same as a coupe of months PCR testing. 

To add to Gerks point, during the summer a number of high profile representatives from hospital bodies suggested that restrictions should remain in place until significant headway is made into waiting lists. That idea didn't gain much traction public support and quickly disappeared from the airwaves. Seems to that NPHET are in the "Dont waste a crisis" mode and are running rings around MM. 110 in ICU, down over 30% in a fortnight and yet they want to go back to pre Oct 22. 

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 8:56pm
In somewhat of an aside to this, I think that this evenings announcement and the approach of Irelands latest wannabe celeb in Holohan, will give a sort of credibility to the looney element that were anti everything since this started, will only serve to embolden them further and, possibly encourage or persuade others to listen to them and perhaps join them on the streets. 
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 9:03pm
Agree with both Cabra and Sham.
Yea remember that one about waiting lists. Remember, many in NPHET have played a role in the state of our hospitals. This is their chance and they are smarter than MM. Think Varadkar would be much better for us right now. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

In somewhat of an aside to this, I think that this evenings announcement and the approach of Irelands latest wannabe celeb in Holohan, will give a sort of credibility to the looney element that were anti everything since this started, will only serve to embolden them further and, possibly encourage or persuade others to listen to them and perhaps join them on the streets. 
Definitely. 
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 10:09pm

this and the general fatigue will hit the booster take up which will only serve to elongate the restrictions due to ICU occupancy (a covid patient spends twice as long in icu than a non covid patient I recently) and further cancellations of normal hse business. Still a long way to go.
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 8:31am
I stopped in Newcastle last night on my way back from a match in Gateshead and the weekend away/stag/hen crew from Ireland are back in full force. Following all rules in place, when should they be doing a covid test? Before getting on the plane back home or after they land? 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

I stopped in Newcastle last night on my way back from a match in Gateshead and the weekend away/stag/hen crew from Ireland are back in full force. Following all rules in place, when should they be doing a covid test? Before getting on the plane back home or after they land? 

48 or 72 hours before they land depending on the test - not exactly sure when it start it’s was yesterday but got pushed back to Sunday 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 10:45am
There's a good chance that JD Hoolahan and Co. will be back again before Christmas looking for more ways to interfere with our lives in my opinion.  It frustrates the hell out of me as they just appear to keep moving goalposts in terms of what we are actually trying to achieve.

There is always something.  Mostly it comes back to hospitalizations and ICU but talking to an ICU nurse 2 weeks ago they were saying there is always a bed issue. Obviously would be nice not to have covid patients taking beds so others could have then but that is the new reality that we just need to learn to live with....the sick and vulnerable ate at risk for any respiratory illness 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 10:48am
Hospital numbers drop again over night 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 11:16am
NPHET banned from speaking to journalists without government permission LOL 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

this and the general fatigue will hit the booster take up which will only serve to elongate the restrictions due to ICU occupancy (a covid patient spends twice as long in icu than a non covid patient I recently) and further cancellations of normal hse business. Still a long way to go.

Sorry but i said on another thread i had top stand outside in the wind and the rain this morning for 50 minutes and got soaked , 60 to 69 year olds today  .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

It's not a "booster", it's a third dose. And the brits are apparantly, already preparing to administer the fourth dose. What will that be known as, the "double booster"? "The leftover booster"? The "I can't believe it's yet another dose booster"? 

At what point in the rollout, do people say "ah to hell with it"? Pretty much the whole country is fully vaccinated, so after they've done their bit for the health of the nation, there's a limit on what they can do to protect themselves any further. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 6:39pm

I think an STI screening on arrival back in Dublin would be better 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 8:45am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

The male population of Newcastle was so drunk last night I'd be surprised if a lass got so much as a fingering. Could that be picked up by an antigen test? 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 11:51am
was in Galway yesterday in three different places cafe, restaurant and all 3 looked for covid cert and photo I’d. The penny has finally dropped the only pity was if they had done this a month ago people might have started trusting them.

City was rammed when we left at 4 so people are still going out.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 11:59am
Heading to Galway next Sunday for a couple of nights. Looking forward to strolling around the Xmas Markets and a few pints.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 12:02pm

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

The male population of Newcastle was so drunk last night I'd be surprised if a lass got so much as a fingering. Could that be picked up by an antigen test? 

Was scrolling up and thought Coyne was back for a second.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 772773774775776 839>
  Share Topic