You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 771772773774775 839>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 10:33am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Fairly easy to book a PCR in or near any airport these days

Booking or the cost of PCRs isint really the issue. The problem starts if you are positive and then they wont let you on the plane to Ireland. 10 days in a hotel at your own expense. And if you have a family you could all end up in a hotel room ... and if only one person has Covid then people end up getting Covid at different stages and you could be there for weeks. Just not worth the gamble. Cry
And that is one of the risks of travelling that everyone will have to decide for themselves whether to risk it or not. I think peoples mindset is completely wrong if the reason they don’t want to have to take a test is so they can get on the plane and risk other peoples health if they are positive. Bit of a if I dont  know then im grand and f**k everyone else attitude.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 10:35am
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Fairly easy to book a PCR in or near any airport these days

Booking or the cost of PCRs isint really the issue. The problem starts if you are positive and then they wont let you on the plane to Ireland. 10 days in a hotel at your own expense. And if you have a family you could all end up in a hotel room ... and if only one person has Covid then people end up getting Covid at different stages and you could be there for weeks. Just not worth the gamble. Cry

Exactly, was due to the states in two weeks, pulled the plug as couldn't risk getting stuck there 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 11:35am
yeah the risk of not being allowed back would be a worry 

Now if I am honest I probably wouldn’t stay in gb if I tested positive 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

[QUOTE=Shedite]Is anyone who has a holiday booked gonna be put off by needing a test? Do ya think anyone's cancelling or not going to Spain/New York becuase of it?

Bit of a wait and see really as you well know things change by the day .

Had a chat about this with the wife and we have decided to travel at the end of the month and suck up the PCR tests , my only fear is if i get a positive test while away and not be able to get back to Ireland .
I know that  travelling to Belfast is a way out but just saying .
[/QUOTE

So you would travel back into Ireland if you were positive with covid LOL. I don't think you mean that..
It would damage this forums' reputation
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

No ambiguity here. Newry would get onto a plane and fly home with covid. Good man, the last two years of messaging is working well. Covid? U wha M8?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 3:55pm
Most Omicron cases are mild or symptomless and existing vaccines still provide protection according to the WHO. Early days yet but it looks like the latest variant isn't going to be as bad as feared.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 5:53pm
ICU numbers down to 117 (132 seven days ago). The numbers are going in the right direction. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 6:32pm
🤞🤞🤞
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2021 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

No ambiguity here. Newry would get onto a plane and fly home with covid. Good man, the last two years of messaging is working well. Covid? U wha M8?

Who said anything about getting a plane ? 

And text speak isn’t used by adults 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 2:01am
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 6:23pm
Hospital & ICU numbers dropping…

….. here have some more bullsh*t restrictions 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Hospital & ICU numbers dropping…

….. here have some more bullsh*t restrictions 
Careful, the Group Think Mafia here will be lining up to shout you down.. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 6:29pm
Not quite sure what point of the government is. It's Nphet who make the decisions. And no way that will be lifted on January the 9th.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 6:35pm
30% drop in hospital numbers from 3 weeks ago, in those 3 weeks we’ve triple jabbed OAPs and frontline healthcare staff too, I really can’t get my head around this bullsh*t. 
Schools are driving it, have always been driving it despite the nonsense we’ve been told yet they’ve done sweet f**k all for them 
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 6:38pm
Cases will go up before January the 9th or the new variant will still be "Concerning". Extended till February etc etc 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

30% drop in hospital numbers from 3 weeks ago, in those 3 weeks we’ve triple jabbed OAPs and frontline healthcare staff too, I really can’t get my head around this bullsh*t. 
Schools are driving it, have always been driving it despite the nonsense we’ve been told yet they’ve done sweet f**k all for them 
Its unreal. Holohan treating NPHET and in turn the State as his own little fiefdom. The JD of ‘Health’. They had plenty of time and opportunity to sort the schools out with ventilation/extraction. There mist be nobody in that line of work connected to a minister though.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 7:14pm
Omicron is now the dominant variant in South Africa. Hopefully the severity of illness caused is mild because if it is then with its high transmission rate it could be the beginning of the end of the pandemic. We should know in a week or so by looking at South Africa.

I understand the governments freakout but we should all remember they are the ones ultimately responsible for the strict lockdowns. Years of chronic mismanagement in the irish healthcare system under their watch has led us to here. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 03 Dec 2021 at 7:16pm
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 8:04pm
It's incredible. Sham nailed it - Holohan the JD of NPHET. 
He was quoted last year saying he thinks there should be restrictions every year for flu (will try find exact quote). He is a long time opponent of our pub culture too. Not sure how hospitality can take this so easily. 
Holohan said all restrictions are based on Delta, not Omicron. As has been pointed out, all figures going in the right way except primary schools. The schools are safe mantra is coming back to bite them and they are doubling down. They can't introduce widespread antigen or hepa filters because if they work, that's proof they got it wrong. I think it's fair to ask if these guys are putting their reputations ahead of public health. Why else would you ignore advice from ventilation experts and side with "the group we take our advice from (Amarak)". 
Like, if WHO, the CDC and the EMA say use Hepa filters and Amarak say no, surely you go with majority and don't take the risk? What's to lose? It would cost the same as a coupe of months PCR testing. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 771772773774775 839>
  Share Topic