You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 766767768769770 839>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Chill the f**k out lads. The UK is ahead of Ireland in its pandemic trajectory. What happens over here with case numbers etc  tends to be followed in Ireland several weeks later. While numbers are high the cases have plateaued, in fact, in the past 7 days numbers have declined across the board. 

Stick in there, follow the rules and things will begin to normalise again in January. 
Bang on with this, unfortunately the state and commercial media companies in Ireland are earning large amounts on income from Covid. Sadly, covid has been monetized and they are protecting the golden goose.

Sorry what?? you do know we will be paying off the PUP through taxes and borrowing for years to come?
So are you saying that RTE are running all those covid ads for free ? You might recall just prior to Covid the plans for large scale pay cuts in RTE, so the income from  covid has certainly boosted their coffers..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 1:21pm

Chill the f**k out lads. The UK is ahead of Ireland in its pandemic trajectory. What happens over here with case numbers etc  tends to be followed in Ireland several weeks later. While numbers are high the cases have plateaued, in fact, in the past 7 days numbers have declined across the board. 

Stick in there, follow the rules and things will begin to normalise again in January. 
Bang on with this, unfortunately the state and commercial media companies in Ireland are earning large amounts on income from Covid. Sadly, covid has been monetized and they are protecting the golden goose.

Sorry what?? you do know we will be paying off the PUP through taxes and borrowing for years to come?
So are you saying that RTE are running all those covid ads for free ? You might recall just prior to Covid the plans for large scale pay cuts in RTE, so the income from  covid has certainly boosted their coffers..

I read your comment as the state itself (nothing to do with media) is up money from Covid.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 1:24pm
so it’s RTÉ spreading covid now ffs!!!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

total lack of respect for other people . Over 5,000 cases again today yet it’s all scaremongering.

Some may argue that as cases were rising, some people have been showing a total lack of respect for other people by going to a busy Dublin airport, going into a confined space with a couple of hundred people for a couple of hours, flying to another country, going to pubs, etc in that foreign country, going to a football match, then going back into a confined space again with a couple of hundred people on the way home.

Talk about a potential superspreader.

Some people might think that -  I don’t 

Clap
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 1:30pm

so it’s RTÉ spreading covid now ffs!!!
What a silly thing to say. They are making money from it though which they acknowledge themselves.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 1:41pm
ICU numbers up to 130 now. We really need these to start slowing down or going down soon. They are already cancelling some surgeries as it is. I did hear them say that around 150 would really start to cause problems for other non covid matters. Whatever about the hospital numbers the ICU numbers are creeping up bit by bit every day. Plus you tend to stay in ICU for longer than a hospital bed say.
I love beer gardens
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 2:04pm

total lack of respect for other people . Over 5,000 cases again today yet it’s all scaremongering.

Some may argue that as cases were rising, some people have been showing a total lack of respect for other people by going to a busy Dublin airport, going into a confined space with a couple of hundred people for a couple of hours, flying to another country, going to pubs, etc in that foreign country, going to a football match, then going back into a confined space again with a couple of hundred people on the way home.

Nail on the head. In three cites in last three months. Complains about the pubs LOL
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Nail on the head. In three cites in last three months. Complains about the pubs LOL

What it proves is that nobody has a leg to stand on which makes the tut tutting from the holier than thou on here pathetic.

It's like I've said from day 1. The thresholds on restrictions, acceptable behaviour, etc is different for everyone.

I've been accused of all sorts on here re covid, but the fact is I've probably been more careful than most on here (even when I went away for a week last week I didn't do a gufct - I stayed away from pubs, went to restaurants when it was quiet and very few in them, etc). It's not because I'm scared of covid, more the fact I'm a boring b@stard.

But I'd never judge anyone whose line or threshold is different to mine. You can nit pick at anyones behaviour if you wanted. Fair play to gufct and others for going away for match and enjoying themselves, but ffs don't come back lecturing others for going to pub 🙄 (staying away from pub myself but that's not the point)

The superspreaders at the moment are in schools anyway, there's no doubt about that
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 3:00pm

Cabra, how was your response here (RTE making money from advertising) related to the original post
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 6:14pm

Very true. My worry isn't about what way the numbers will go or boosters being administered, I'm worried about the Government rolling out restrictions again and being painfully slow to roll back on them like the last two summers!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 6:24pm

Advertising spending is massively down the past 2 years. Those covid ads aren't making much of a difference. And if you think they are keeping loads of RTE staff in jobs you need to look into that a bit more. And then by default you also think RTE are happy to play up the virus for their own financial ends as well as other media outlets?

A friendly media giving the government a pass on their handling is one view point, what you have posted above is an extremely different view point altogether. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Very true. My worry isn't about what way the numbers will go or boosters being administered, I'm worried about the Government rolling out restrictions again and being painfully slow to roll back on them like the last two summers!

No even if more restrictions are needed it will only be for a month id say. Unless the numbers went bananas. I dont see lockdown like we had before unless we went all Austria on it number wise.
I love beer gardens
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

ICU numbers up to 130 now. We really need these to start slowing down or going down soon. They are already cancelling some surgeries as it is. I did hear them say that around 150 would really start to cause problems for other non covid matters. Whatever about the hospital numbers the ICU numbers are creeping up bit by bit every day. Plus you tend to stay in ICU for longer than a hospital bed say.

But with private capacity is icu capacity not at 300 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 8:01pm
yes but there are other patients in icu as well as covid patients.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Advertising spending is massively down the past 2 years. Those covid ads aren't making much of a difference. And if you think they are keeping loads of RTE staff in jobs you need to look into that a bit more. And then by default you also think RTE are happy to play up the virus for their own financial ends as well as other media outlets?

A friendly media giving the government a pass on their handling is one view point, what you have posted above is an extremely different view point altogether. 
AZ, you are probably right and I'm wrong, just have a pain in me hula with this shyte. I take back everything I wrote earlier today.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

No even if more restrictions are needed it will only be for a month id say. Unless the numbers went bananas. I dont see lockdown like we had before unless we went all Austria on it number wise.

You would think that but I just don't trust the government would row back on anything quickly. Sure they were saying they know the 12am close won't make a different, it just sends a message. At this stage we know if things close they close for months, not weeks because of the 'abundance of caution'
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 2:04am

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

AZ, you are probably right and I'm wrong, just have a pain in me hula with this shyte. I take back everything I wrote earlier today.

I hear yah, it's never ending. Personally I don't think we will be going into lockdowns again, restrictions yes but that's it. One of the longest lockdowns, one of the slowest reopenings, one of the highest vaccinations rates we've had our medicine. Now it's time for the government to hold it's nerve. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 9:43am
is one of the symptoms covid talking sh*te on a forum. If so Cabra I think you should go for a PCR test.  Then again you are a rovers fan so it could be a pre-existing condition. 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 766767768769770 839>
  Share Topic