You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 751752753754755 839>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 2:12pm
Thought this was broadcasted...

EDIT its on RTE News Now

Edited by McG - 10 Nov 2021 at 2:13pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

You have people going out to a nightclub 3 or 4 times a week now just because they can (would they have done that before covid probably not).

Can only speak for myself but I would’ve been out til the all hours 3/4 times a week easily in my early 20s. 

Let’s not be hard on the youth especially going out and living, especially if playing ball by getting vaccinated, etc 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 7:23pm
The government once again not helping the situation with Eamon Ryan being in Glasgow. It just looks like he had another test so he could go no matter what. 
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

The government once again not helping the situation with Eamon Ryan being in Glasgow. It just looks like he had another test so he could go no matter what. 

They're a bunch of spoofers and Eamo is one of the biggest.

You'd think nearly two years in we'd have put some money into the health service. Only in the years to come will we see the real financial and social cost of all these half-baked plans, from the mental health issues that these constant leaks and kite flying, to the number of people who are not getting routine appointments and procedures.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 7:34pm
Checking Covid Certs...just wondering if the rules mean you must be checked everytime you go into an establishment Say I pop into the local at lunchtime for a soup and a smbo and have my cert/ID checked, should it be checked again if I go back later that night for a few pints ? 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Checking Covid Certs...just wondering if the rules mean you must be checked everytime you go into an establishment Say I pop into the local at lunchtime for a soup and a smbo and have my cert/ID checked, should it be checked again if I go back later that night for a few pints ? 
My local checked the first time and then nothing after that. They still check people they dont know or havent seen before.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

My local checked the first time and then nothing after that. They still check people they dont know or havent seen before.
Same in my local, wondering if this is contributing to the ERSI data reporting 37% of non compliance. Every other place that I've been to other than my local has checked. A restaurant checked my cert 3 times in 3 visits I made over a 4 week period.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 7:56pm
Could well be, however how would they know? Perhaps it could be people reporting places or they may well be pulling figures from their arse to try and force compliance. I doubt there is anyway they can say for definite what the level of compliance is unless they are comprehensively spot checking everywhere.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 10:15pm

There's two pubs by me, one followed the rules,  the other didn't.  One allowed darts and pool, the fella next door didn't bother. You could clearly see he was losing a lot of business. He had no choice but to cave in and abandon the covid rules.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:12pm

There's two pubs by me, one followed the rules,  the other didn't.  One allowed darts and pool, the fella next door didn't bother. You could clearly see he was losing a lot of business. He had no choice but to cave in and abandon the covid rules.
Same lad that sold the pizza boxes last summer? You’re some tin roofer.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

There was pubs up and down the country doing that. Just google it. Empty pizza box or a receipt on the table. FFS, the Old Oak in Cork was giving people food on the way out and that is a city centre pub. 

Darts and pool are going on all over the city at the moment. Outside of the city centre, the rules are not being enforced and it's not just in Cork , it's clearly going on in every town in the country. 

Edited by Jackal - 10 Nov 2021 at 11:37pm
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Was in Mace near where i work just now, about 5 lads all builders none wearing masks and one of them coughing away, nothing said to them. One of the lads here in work coughing his lungs up since Monday went for a covid test last night, back in work again today with no results, nothing said to him.

Covid is fairly rampant in the construction game now at the minute......the builders/cif are just keeping a lid on it to keep sites open and the backhanders flowing.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 11:48pm

There was pubs up and down the country doing that. Just google it. Empty pizza box or a receipt on the table. FFS, the Old Oak in Cork was giving people food on the way out and that is a city centre pub. 

Darts and pool are going on all over the city at the moment. Outside of the city centre, the rules are not being enforced and it's not just in Cork , it's clearly going on in every town in the country. 

Was out on Sunday for a few pints.  Some of my regular pubs were enforcing the rules.  Tigh Coilis weren't.  In fact it was a total farce.  No cert checks, zero social distancing, jam packed full of tourists and regular punters with people sitting at the bar as per pre 2020 with people standing all around them.  Decided I'd give it a miss. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 12:06am

LOL
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 10:08pm
Jesus the state of the health service at the moment is grim. And we're facing into another busy winter. Can see restrictions being back in.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 10:15pm
Need to get a move on with the 3rd jabs.. .
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 10:21pm

Need to get a move on with the 3rd jabs.. .

Extremely slow rolling it out. Apparently they're waiting for people to be six month jabbed before calling them forward, which it's seems was a bad move 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 3:03am
As we have such a high vaccination rate there was always going to be a small % that don't want to be vaccinated and you accept it. I don't think we should be bringing back lockdowns based on those that are unvaccinated been in hospital. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 751752753754755 839>
  Share Topic