You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 719720721722723 839>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 5:16pm
 https://portcullis-surgery.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions-and-answers-about-the-covid-vaccine/

Will Paracetamol effect the response?

If you do get troubling symptoms such as fever or pain it is ok to take paracetamol in the usual doses as required. Fever can be seen with the AstraZeneca vaccine but they report that paracetamol use does not affect the subsequent immune response.

Thanks Dr. Nick.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

[QUOTE=Wheelo]

It seems that most of your objections are just the principles of there things rather than the real life day to day practicalities and inconveniences. 

I certainly won’t disagree with you saying re principals. Yes, I’m one of these very stubborn principled bores. The way I always was.

But leaving that aside, I’m still not buying all this.

For example, did anyone here saying we should be wearing masks, continue restrictions, etc go to the pub over Xmas? Don’t lie, guarantee some did. 

I’ve said this before. I agreed with pubs opening up at Xmas. But I intentionally didn’t go as would be meeting older unvaccinated family members over the Xmas. But was in pub a few times this week as meeting zero older unvaccinated family members.

All about personal responsibility- open everything up and let people go where they feel comfortable, etc 

If we had opened everything up back in February or March like you were saying we'd be having a right ole jollies. 

India did exactly like you are suggesting and it worked out well for them https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/20/india-excess-deaths-during-covid-could-be-10-times-official-toll 

You do realise how many people live in India?

But more importantly, I’m sure you realise that India would’ve been one of the most hygienic countries in the world even pro Covid, where washing your hands is a luxury for most people living there? 

So having a large population precludes them from taking any precautions. Until the delta variant came along they had a really low infection rate, but they opened it all up and let everyone do what they wanted just like you wanted in Ireland. It backfired. 

Uruguay did the same as did many other countries and it had terrible consequences. We are opening up slowly, maybe too slowly it's hard to know. But I'd prefer the cautious option. 

There aren't too many things we can't do at present and with weather this good I don't think a 6 week delay is anything to be to worried about. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 6:12pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

[QUOTE=Wheelo]

It seems that most of your objections are just the principles of there things rather than the real life day to day practicalities and inconveniences. 

I certainly won’t disagree with you saying re principals. Yes, I’m one of these very stubborn principled bores. The way I always was.

For example, did anyone here saying we should be wearing masks, continue restrictions, etc go to the pub over Xmas? Don’t lie, guarantee some did. 

I’ve said this before. I agreed with pubs opening up at Xmas. But I intentionally didn’t go as would be meeting older unvaccinated family members over the Xmas. But was in pub a few times this week as meeting zero older unvaccinated family members.

All about personal responsibility- open everything up and let people go where they feel comfortable, etc 

If we had opened everything up back in February or March like you were saying we'd be having a right ole jollies. 

India did exactly like you are suggesting and it worked out well for them https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/20/india-excess-deaths-during-covid-could-be-10-times-official-toll 

But more importantly, I’m sure you realise that India would’ve been one of the most hygienic countries in the world even pro Covid, where washing your hands is a luxury for most people living there? 

So having a large population precludes them from taking any precautions. Until the delta variant came along they had a really low infection rate, but they opened it all up and let everyone do what they wanted just like you wanted in Ireland. It backfired. 

Uruguay did the same as did many other countries and it had terrible consequences. We are opening up slowly, maybe too slowly it's hard to know. But I'd prefer the cautious option. 

There aren't too many things we can't do at present and with weather this good I don't think a 6 week delay is anything to be to worried about. 

6 week delay? Is that when everything’s back to normal? Don’t think so 

Love when people ignore the part of a post they want to LOL. So majority of Indians being unable to wash their hands had nothing to do with it 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 7:37pm
Got the J&J yesterday and my body esp the arm I got it in feels sore and stiff. Had a really bads nights sleep. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

I've a mate who constantly got his knickers in a twist about wearing a mask as it "restricts your breathing" but has smoked about 20 fegs a day for the past 15 years.

An acquaintance of mine burning me ear off about not trusting vaccines etc...doesn't appear have a problem sniffing an 8 ball out of his mates ass hole though.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Got the J&J yesterday and my body esp the arm I got it in feels sore and stiff. Had a really bads nights sleep. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow

You ok hun xxx
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:33pm
Went training there and don't know am I bolloxed from the jab or the heat LOL
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I've a mate who constantly got his knickers in a twist about wearing a mask as it "restricts your breathing" but has smoked about 20 fegs a day for the past 15 years.

An acquaintance of mine burning me ear off about not trusting vaccines etc...doesn't appear have a problem sniffing an 8 ball out of his mates ass hole though.

LOL
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 11:35pm
Anybody recieve their eu digital covid cert by post ? They said they'd all be received by Tuesday (today) at the latest. Any people i know including myself who were vaccinated at their GP havent recieved the cert yet. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 11:50pm
Got mine today by post.  Scanned it on to my phones.
AKA pedantic kunt
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Anybody recieve their eu digital covid cert by post ? They said they'd all be received by Tuesday (today) at the latest. Any people i know including myself who were vaccinated at their GP havent recieved the cert yet. 
Haven’t received mine yet. Travelling to Belgium next week. Slightly concerned now.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:55am

[QUOTE=Baldrick][QUOTE=Wheelo]

Love when people ignore the part of a post they want to LOL. So majority of Indians being unable to wash their hands had nothing to do with it 
[/QUOTE

Majority of Indians being unable to wash their hands. If that's the breath of your ignorance I'll leave it there 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:56am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOL

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 10:00am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Haven’t received mine yet. Travelling to Belgium next week. Slightly concerned now.
Not in today’s post either CryCryCry

Mad busy with work for the next 4 hours. Will call the helpline after that.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 12:03pm

Not in today’s post either CryCryCry

Mad busy with work for the next 4 hours. Will call the helpline after that.
Good mine in post this morning, best of luck. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

The absolute drama from people who don’t want to wear masks 

A fella I know, who won’t shut up about snowflakes ruining the world, complained that he found it too hard to breathe wearing a mask the big soft kunt 
Some people just take the contrarian opinion on everything (see Gemma O'Doherty, Ewen McKEnna etc)
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 12:49pm

[QUOTE=Baldrick][QUOTE=Wheelo]

[/QUOTE

Majority of Indians being unable to wash their hands. If that's the breath of your ignorance I'll leave it there 
Shocked

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 1:18pm
got my cert by post on Monday . The total takeover of this topic by Wheelo is a joke,
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 719720721722723 839>
  Share Topic