You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 669670671672673 839>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Getting my 2nd jab on Saturday evening. I plan to go out on the lash afterwards but I heard the side effects are usually worse after the 2nd jab.

Can anyone confirm if that's true?

The advice is not to drink for 2 weeks to ensure the jab is most effective. Going on the booze that evening is certainly not advised. 

Advice by who? The “medical experts” haven’t been giving us the best advice so far, havent they? LOL
Ouch
Because of work I do, I got fast tracked for vaccine (wasn’t arsed either way - would’ve volunteered to trial it last year or been last person in country to get it, couldn’t give two f@@@@ about it) - but reaction wise a mixed bag - some had a bad reaction, some had zero reaction!

If you feel grand a after it, can’t see any reason not to go on the lash!!
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 11:24pm

Getting my 2nd jab on Saturday evening. I plan to go out on the lash afterwards but I heard the side effects are usually worse after the 2nd jab.

The advice is not to drink for 2 weeks to ensure the jab is most effective. Going on the booze that evening is certainly not advised. 

Bullsh*t, not only is a pint of plain the best vaccine but it thins the blood in advance and following a J and J and Astra  
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Advice by who? The “medical experts” haven’t been giving us the best advice so far, havent they? LOL
Ouch
Because of work I do, I got fast tracked for vaccine (wasn’t arsed either way - would’ve volunteered to trial it last year or been last person in country to get it, couldn’t give two f@@@@ about it) - but reaction wise a mixed bag - some had a bad reaction, some had zero reaction!

If you feel grand a after it, can’t see any reason not to go on the lash!!

Just went googled to see where I got the info from. It appears the advice originated from the medical panel advising drinkaware. I didn't stick to the 2 week after getting me jabs fwiw.

Having said that since then the UK regulator has said there's no evidence alcohol has any negative effect on the usefullness of the vaccine so fire away coyner if you want. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Anybody watch that anti-vax doc on Channel 4 this evening? Some dangerous gobsh*tes out there!
Yep love the industrial bleech to cure kids Wacko
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:40am

Everybody is different and will react differently to the first or second regardless if its Pfizer , AZ or moderna

Just put on your big boy pants and you will be fine.

Just don’t be drinking any half pints ya pussy! 

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 10:12am
2nd Pfizer jab due in Sunday 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

2nd Pfizer jab due in Sunday 

Getting my 2nd AZ next wed Clap

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 11:29am
Getting my first vaccine jab today. I was originally pencilled in for last Saturday but had to cancel. It's great there was such a short turnaround to the new appointment.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 11:35am
There was positive news announced yesterday that Pfizer are opening a new plant in Belgium which will immediately scale up supplies to the EU. Even before this announcement, we are due to receive 1.2 million does from them this month alone.

I'd be very hopeful now that everyone over 18 who wants it, will have at least one dose by the end of July. Pharmacies are due to become part of the roll out process from next week (initially administrating J&J single shots to any over 50s who haven't yet availed of a vaccine.). So long as we can keep the supply flowing, this could be a real game changer as we start to vaccinate the younger cohorts.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 5:23pm
What's the turnaround in registering for the vaccine and being contacted with an appointment
Getting close to the 30's now 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

What's the turnaround in registering for the vaccine and being contacted with an appointment
Getting close to the 30's now 
Week or so from people I've known. Varies a lot by area/GP etc
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 6:31am
I've had both jabs the Astra Zeneca variety absolutely no side effects whatsoever not ever an aching arm.

Then again everyone's body is different.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 8:28am
probably means it didn’t work so.   I would go back and get it again if I was you. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I've had both jabs the Astra Zeneca variety absolutely no side effects whatsoever not ever an aching arm.

Then again everyone's body is different.
I read this morning that they are to bring forward those who have had the AZ jab from 12 weeks to 8 to recieve the 2nd jab .
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 9:47am
Big study realised this morning in the UK about the effectiveness of the Pfizer jab against the Delta (Indian) variant. Not great reading. Much less protection than initially thought, and possible that cover is only effective for up to 3 months post second dose. Critical that people get the second jab though.

Likely will mean the need for booster shots for many in the autumn/winter, so it’s imperative that the supply lines keep flowing. 

These variants are really proving to be a pain in the hole.

Still, some protection is better than no protection and the more jabs we get into peoples arms, the better the position we'll be in over the coming months. The shorting of the gap between AZ doses announced by our government this morning is to be welcomed. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:04am
Im getting my 2nd AZ dose today. Had a bad night and day after the 1st one. Hoping the 2nd one wont be as bad.
I love beer gardens
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:08am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Big study realised this morning in the UK about the effectiveness of the Pfizer jab against the Delta (Indian) variant. Not great reading. Much less protection than initially thought, and possible that cover is only effective for up to 3 months post second dose. Critical that people get the second jab though.

Likely will mean the need for booster shots for many in the autumn/winter, so it’s imperative that the supply lines keep flowing. 

Still, some protection is better than no protection and the more jabs we get into peoples arms, the better the position we'll be in over the coming months. The shorting of the gap between AZ doses announced by our government this morning is to be welcomed. 
Going to be a struggle going forward as i did think we could get rid of these dam masks in a couple of month time but it looks like they could be with us for some time to come .
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Going to be a struggle going forward as i did think we could get rid of these dam masks in a couple of month time but it looks like they could be with us for some time to come .

And people will then ask what was the point of previous lockdowns and vaccines!

I don’t think the general public will accept more lockdowns. Some reckon the UK could be in lockdown again by September?. It’s obvious there’s going to be variants for years and years. Society just has to ask itself do you get on with life or keep locking down your country. 

That’s the harsh reality of it in my amateur opinion!
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 669670671672673 839>
  Share Topic