You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 646647648649650 839>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

A friend told me he got his about 2 weeks ago 42 years old, he has some issues so I didn't ask him why. My sister's boyfriend got his at least 4 weeks ago late 30s he has cycstic fibrosis so probably right at the very top of the at risk list. 

I hppe this Johnson and Johnson one shot vaccination gets approved quickly. I think it's been revieed by the EMA this week
Its been reviewed and approved by the EMA already with the benefits far outweighing the risks. Its to be labelled as carrying a very rare side effect of unusual blood clots.

EU regulator says unusual blood clots should be listed as 'very rare side effect' of J&J vaccine
https://jrnl.ie/5415242

Good news Thumbs Up
It would damage this forums' reputation
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 2:13pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

A friend told me he got his about 2 weeks ago 42 years old, he has some issues so I didn't ask him why. My sister's boyfriend got his at least 4 weeks ago late 30s he has cycstic fibrosis so probably right at the very top of the at risk list. 

I hppe this Johnson and Johnson one shot vaccination gets approved quickly. I think it's been revieed by the EMA this week
Its been reviewed and approved by the EMA already with the benefits far outweighing the risks. Its to be labelled as carrying a very rare side effect of unusual blood clots.

EU regulator says unusual blood clots should be listed as 'very rare side effect' of J&J vaccine
https://jrnl.ie/5415242

Good news Thumbs Up
Hope the "Abundance of Caution" merchants do the right thing
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 4:50pm
Exercise can cut Covid death risk by 'more than third' - study - RTE

So healthy people that exercise are less likely to die of covid, thank you captain obvious. 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

Exercise can cut Covid death risk by 'more than third' - study - RTE

So healthy people that exercise are less likely to die of covid, thank you captain obvious. 

Open the gyms!!!
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 7:53pm
Germany and Netherlands vaccinated at @ 50% faster rate than us. What happened to equal distribution of vaccines? Sure we’ll be grand. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 8:29pm
There seems to have been a mood change in the last few days. Politicians talking down reopening. What's changed I wonder?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Germany and Netherlands vaccinated at @ 50% faster rate than us. What happened to equal distribution of vaccines? Sure we’ll be grand. 

Where did you see that? We have 24.38 vaccines given per 100, Germany 26.71 and Dutch 22.08
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 11:05pm
https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.rte.ie/amp/1211295/

Pfizer staff and families offered vaccine.

4,000 workers and their immediate families, and people who share a household with them, will be offered the vaccine. This will be independent of the national supply.

That's a nice little boost. You'd have to think that will be and extra 10-15k fully vaccinated people 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 11:09pm
supply problems is what’s causing doubt over the vaccine rollout. If the supply steadies up in the next fortnight they will reach their targets as they have the mass vaccinations centres ready to go when their needed .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 11:37pm
Closing in on the 1 millionth person to receive at least one dose. Should reach that milestone by end of next week, likely sooner 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 7:19am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.rte.ie/amp/1211295/

Pfizer staff and families offered vaccine.

4,000 workers and their immediate families, and people who share a household with them, will be offered the vaccine. This will be independent of the national supply.

That's a nice little boost. You'd have to think that will be and extra 10-15k fully vaccinated people 
my mate is a sparks in Pfizer site,he got a jab about 6 weeks ago
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 7:53am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Where did you see that? We have 24.38 vaccines given per 100, Germany 26.71 and Dutch 22.08
I tried to upload image with the above but didn’t work - check out our world in data - they have a 7 day rolling average chart on their vaccination tab - Per 100 we’re at 0.42 -  🇩🇪 At 0.61 and  🇳🇱 0.66.

They’ll storm ahead and we’ll be still waiting for the governance in our public service to finish tea and biscuits while staff and public wait.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 7:57am

I tried to upload image with the above but didn’t work - check out our world in data - they have a 7 day rolling average chart on their vaccination tab - Per 100 we’re at 0.42 -  🇩🇪 At 0.61 and  🇳🇱 0.66.

They’ll storm ahead and we’ll be still waiting for the governance in our public service to finish tea and biscuits while staff and public wait.

Not ideal that, wonder why it is?

Be a disaster for the roll out if NIAC restritict J&J today 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 8:08am
Nvidic your data is more reliable whereas the other stuff is only the last 7 days.  There were changes to the AZ which resulted in a big change to the programme.   We will see how it plays out over the next few weeks but I wouldn’t be jumping to conclusions yet.  That’s like saying the score is 1-1 but over the last 10 mins we have had 35% possession. It’s useful but doesn’t tell the whole picture.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 8:09am

Not ideal that, wonder why it is?

Be a disaster for the roll out if NIAC restritict J&J today 
i hope it’s that they’ve released more to Germany and a couple of other countries because of the wave building there or due to age demographics- they just were due more in April. But can’t help feel we’re going to fall behind due to being too cautious - the slowness on JnJ an example and the excessive number of cohorts.

The language form Michael Martin where he referrenced % will get at first jab or offer of a first jab by end of June leaves me concerned - the word offer jumping out - does he mean a date in the future or a within the June time. Perhaps my mistrust of all things ff coming out.

JnJ situation is silly when you think of the wider health issues covid and non covid are considered.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Nvidic your data is more reliable whereas the other stuff is only the last 7 days.  There were changes to the AZ which resulted in a big change to the programme.   We will see how it plays out over the next few weeks but I wouldn’t be jumping to conclusions yet.  That’s like saying the score is 1-1 but over the last 10 mins we have had 35% possession. It’s useful but doesn’t tell the whole picture.  
I hope your right but the last rolling last 7 days tell you the trend each country is going in. It’s not like we don’t have a history of taking a long time to get things done - luas, m50??
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Fair analogy that 
Im The Gaffer View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Im The Gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 8:33am
The Dutch have been one of the worst countries for rolling out the vaccine? Certainly the impression I've got. Germany not far ahead of them. Ireland has been one of the better countries in Europe for vaccinating the most vulnerable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 646647648649650 839>
  Share Topic