You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 638639640641642 839>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 8:57am
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Projections from the Dept of Health scaled up. 3.9m vaccines due to be delivered in Apr May and June. 605k are J and J. Enough to fully vaccinate over 2.25m people. So we could have 3 million fully vaccinated by end of June. 
france are receiving jnj vaccine from tomorrow, a week ahead of schedule so things moving forward.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Projections from the Dept of Health scaled up. 3.9m vaccines due to be delivered in Apr May and June. 605k are J and J. Enough to fully vaccinate over 2.25m people. So we could have 3 million fully vaccinated by end of June. 
france are receiving jnj vaccine from tomorrow, a week ahead of schedule so things moving forward.

That's great. France also extending gap between doses. Evidence is strong now that now that a single dose offers very good protection. I wonder will we do similar?

After over 65s and vulnerable are fully vaccinated, I'd be all for just ploughing ahead with single shots. To cover as many as possible 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 12:26pm
This thread misses Sid telling us the vaccines might not work and therefore we’ll still be in lockdown this time next year 
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 3:19pm
#AstraZeneca supposed to be workhorse of Ireland’s vaccine programme: ordered more of AZ (3.3m) than two other vaccines currently in use here- Pfizer (2.3m) & Moderna (0.8m)- combined. Now restricted to group, many of whom already vaccinated. #Covid19
f**k!

Edited by colemanY2K - 12 Apr 2021 at 3:27pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

#AstraZeneca supposed to be workhorse of Ireland’s vaccine programme: ordered more of AZ (3.3m) than two other vaccines currently in use here- Pfizer (2.3m) & Moderna (0.8m)- combined. Now restricted to group, many of whom already vaccinated. #Covid19
f**k!
We adjust and move on and it may mean I may get mine earlier.

The AZ order numbers mean SFA as their deliveries have demonstrated.

Edit: I think I misread the headline - I’ll sit in the corner.

Edited by Dalymount79 - 12 Apr 2021 at 4:16pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 4:19pm
Seems fatal clots occur in 1 in 200,000. With irelands population that would mean about 25 occurrences if everybody in the country got an AZ jab, which they wont.  So, Pro rata a lot less than 25. The implication of this is that NIAC are saying not giving the AZ to the U60s will result in less fatalities than U60s catcing and dying of Covid. Serious gamble. And of course a slower roll out giving variants more time to develop. 

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 12 Apr 2021 at 4:22pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Seems fatal clots occur in 1 in 200,000. With irelands population that would mean about 25 occurrences if everybody in the country got an AZ jab, which they wont.  So, Pro rata a lot less than 25. The implication of this is that NIAC are saying not giving the AZ to the U60s will result in less fatalities than U60s catcing and dying of Covid. Serious gamble. And of course a slower roll out giving variants more time to develop. 

Can they not combine the roll out with aspirin to prevent clots?  Be interesting how long the danger of a clot lasts post immunisation.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Can they not combine the roll out with aspirin to prevent clots?  Be interesting how long the danger of a clot lasts post immunisation.
Hopefully they have a plan in place to minimize any delays. Only advice at this stage though. 
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 5:22pm

I heard some expert saying that the chances of getting a blood clot from using asprin are actually higher than from using AZ!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 5:35pm
Will be interesting to see what reaction there is from government to Leinster's proposal for getting some fans back into games. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 6:10pm
Why do we restrict AZ to over 60s? Is it because there is extra risk involved and they are the at risk group anyway so therefore say they should take the extra risk and not the younger person who generally is not a risk?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Why do we restrict AZ to over 60s? Is it because there is extra risk involved and they are the at risk group anyway so therefore say they should take the extra risk and not the younger person who generally is not a risk?

The risk of the clotting is supposed to be bigger in younger people 
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:49pm
Staff out in the beacon who got their jabs were required to give blood samples a few weeks after their shot, this surely is not the standard practice ?
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 9:14pm
AZ I think is the only non for profit vaccine. Odd how it has had so much negativity around it. I wonder why that is.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

I heard some expert saying that the chances of getting a blood clot from using asprin are actually higher than from using AZ!

I don’t see how the numbers stack up that you should not give out the vaccines when COVID is much more likely going to kill them. 

Those >60 85x more likely to die from #Covid19 than develop clot from #AstraZeneca vaccine. 

Someone 20-30, twice as likely to die from Covid than develop clotting.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:12pm
Apparently the beer gardens have been full around London. The Q’s to get into some of the shops is crazy.

48% of the population had the first dose - 32M
11% had the 2nd - 7.6M

The Moderna vaccine is starting to be rolled out which is good news. With Pfizer / AZ and Moderna the supply issues goes away somewhat. 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:15pm
from what I've read and am open to correction, the fatality incidence from a blood clot derived from the AZ vaccine is 1 per million. AZ is a 2 dose vaccine and blood clots have arisen in first doses. Ireland is due to get approximately 800k AZ in Q2. Accepting that the second dose is not administered until Q3 (12 week between jabs), in reality there is an 80% chance that 1 person will die in Q2 from an AZ jab blood clot.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 13 Apr 2021 at 12:16pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 1:11pm
Johnsn &Johnson vaccine paused in America now over clots.
FFS
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 638639640641642 839>
  Share Topic