You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus - Remain Calm. Do Not Panic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 631632633634635 839>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

I would be thoroughly embarrassed as a profession if we chose to strike over thisUnhappy
  Anything is possible i was quite high the list at one stage now i am near the bottom for a jab , why this happened well just change from the govenment .

Murph - how are you near the bottom at your age 
I assume she gave him permission. 
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

I would be thoroughly embarrassed as a profession if we chose to strike over thisUnhappy
  Anything is possible i was quite high the list at one stage now i am near the bottom for a jab , why this happened well just change from the govenment .

Murph - how are you near the bottom at your age 
I assume she gave him permission. 

LOL
El Puto Amo
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:00pm
Murph you are talking through your arse.  You are early 60s so you be getting the vaccine in the next few weeks ffs. 

I hope you are still not using those bullsh*t apps. 

Edited by Baldrick - 06 Apr 2021 at 9:00pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Murph you are talking through your arse.  You are early 60s so you be getting the vaccine in the next few weeks ffs. 

Sorry Baldie but , in the Indo a Half page ad on Saturday has the roll out and as i am uder 65 i am classed as the 18 to 65 range , ohhhh the Ad was taken out by the HSE .

I will send you a link on the phone later on .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:27am

Sorry Baldie but , in the Indo a Half page ad on Saturday has the roll out and as i am uder 65 i am classed as the 18 to 65 range , ohhhh the Ad was taken out by the HSE .

Murph - I would be staggered if they didn’t start in the oldest ranges and work their way down 50-60 40-50 etc 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:39am
Murph your posts on Kenny make sense now. 

They have said they are doing it in order of age.  18-65 is not going to be done as one block.  They will be doing it in blocks of 10 years.  64-55 which I presume you fall under will be straight after the 65 and over and the 45-54 and then 35 -44 which will be my range.  

The over 18s will be the last done in this batch and that will be mid to late summer.  

The only way you will be one of the last done is if they start basing it on IQ 😀😀

Edited by Baldrick - 07 Apr 2021 at 9:41am
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:40am

Murph - I would be staggered if they didn’t start in the oldest ranges and work their way down 50-60 40-50 etc 

Close but the blocks are 55-64 and so on once they have done 65 and older. 
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:29am

Murph your posts on Kenny make sense now. 

They have said they are doing it in order of age.  18-65 is not going to be done as one block.  They will be doing it in blocks of 10 years.  64-55 which I presume you fall under will be straight after the 65 and over and the 45-54 and then 35 -44 which will be my range.  

The over 18s will be the last done in this batch and that will be mid to late summer.  

The only way you will be one of the last done is if they start basing it on IQ 😀😀
LOLLOL
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:01pm
Good video on Prime Time last night about whether Ireland can hit the target. It's doable but 2 big risks
1. Big reliance on AstraZenica, who've missed a few deadlines already
2. Nearly half a million JNJ vaccines to land here in June, unlcear if they can be distributed that fast.

notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

What ever about vaccinating teachers sooner, the test and trace system in place is a load of bollox. My other half is a junior infants teacher and had a positive case in the class two weeks ago. Going by the HSE's own website, she was deemed a close contact (in a classroom with the kid within 48 hours before the child had a positive test). When she rang them (and then separately her GP) looking for a test she was told no, unless she started developing symptoms 😐 

If they're insistent on the kids going back to school, how are teachers not being given access to rapid testing?

tbh this has been my problem with the entire "response" since this all started. they have never put enough into the public health side of things, there aren't enough PH doctors to properly dig in to where an outbreak originates, it's completely haphazard and the whole system is a farce. The vaccine rollout is secondary (imo) to the fact they've had a year and still can't tell you where an outbreak starts because they don't have a proper test and trace system. 

If they were able to proper test and trace and isolate cases then I don't think teachers would be as upset because there'd be an assurance that if an outbreak happens in a school, the resources are there to deal with it. 

TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:42pm
L
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Good video on Prime Time last night about whether Ireland can hit the target. It's doable but 2 big risks
2. Nearly half a million JNJ vaccines to land here in June, unlcear if they can be distributed that fast.

The other risk is if the EMA find links to clotting from the AZ vaccine and therefore limit who could have it. Be it by age or gender. 3PM the world will hear it’s findings. I’ve had the AZ vaccine in GB, 14 days ago. And I’m anxiously awaiting their findings. I had a sore arm for 2 days, felt fine after. I wasn’t bothered until CVST stories began appearing left right and centre. 

Edited by TigerRoll - 07 Apr 2021 at 12:48pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:09pm

Working of mental age might be the answer 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:12pm
How many doses are Ireland expected to get of the Astra Zenica vaccine? There will be a lot of reluctance to use it I'd imagine. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

L

The other risk is if the EMA find links to clotting from the AZ vaccine and therefore limit who could have it. Be it by age or gender. 3PM the world will hear it’s findings. I’ve had the AZ vaccine in GB, 14 days ago. And I’m anxiously awaiting their findings. I had a sore arm for 2 days, felt fine after. I wasn’t bothered until CVST stories began appearing left right and centre. 

There have been millions of AZ doses administered around the world. If this is proven, it is still going to be an extremely rare side affect that effects less than 1/10,000 people. You've a much greater risk of get a blood clot if you actually contract Covid.

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:26pm
Jezzzzzzzzzzzz as i said in the Indo on Saturday it said and i quote .
The Path ahead .
Jan to March people over 80 .
April to May people aged 65 to 79
May to July Everyone aged 18 to 64

So thus i am in the last group now do you fecking understand .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Working of mental age might be the answer 
off*
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:33pm

L

There have been millions of AZ doses administered around the world. If this is proven, it is still going to be an extremely rare side affect that effects less than 1/10,000 people. You've a much greater risk of get a blood clot if you actually contract Covid. The knock on effects for the UK/EU and rest of the World outside of the USA. Will be catastrophic and derail the vaccine world out for many months.

It's reported to be between 1 in 600,000 too 1,000,000. However that will have huge knock on effects in terms of willingness to take the jab. I'm under 30, and simply got it as I was standing in Boots at 5:50pm and they had spare doses that where due to be binned when they closed. I personally will want a Full blood count done to check my platelets haven't reacted. As, I would suspect id need a Pfizer or Moderna jab in June as my second dose. That slows down first doses. Moderna/Pfizer couldn't make enough doses for the EU/UK to cover not having AZ available to all. So the world will be many many months late in its vaccine targets.

Edited by TigerRoll - 07 Apr 2021 at 1:35pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:50pm

L

There have been millions of AZ doses administered around the world. If this is proven, it is still going to be an extremely rare side affect that effects less than 1/10,000 people. You've a much greater risk of get a blood clot if you actually contract Covid. The knock on effects for the UK/EU and rest of the World outside of the USA. Will be catastrophic and derail the vaccine world out for many months.

It's reported to be between 1 in 600,000 too 1,000,000. However that will have huge knock on effects in terms of willingness to take the jab. I'm under 30, and simply got it as I was standing in Boots at 5:50pm and they had spare doses that where due to be binned when they closed. I personally will want a Full blood count done to check my platelets haven't reacted. As, I would suspect id need a Pfizer or Moderna jab in June as my second dose. That slows down first doses. Moderna/Pfizer couldn't make enough doses for the EU/UK to cover not having AZ available to all. So the world will be many many months late in its vaccine targets.
Do you fly planes by any chance? LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 631632633634635 839>
  Share Topic